IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

54 minutes ago, profholt82 said:

I had a coupon, so I decided to pick up a used Switch Lite from a local shop this weekend. I'm really having a lot fun with it so far.

20211101-133941.jpg

Raiden IV is great! I should probably grab Cruis'n Blast at some point. Cruis'n USA was one of the first games I got for the N64 back in the day.

• Like 2

I just got Cruis'n Blast although I paid more for it than I should since I bought it on sale from GS, then forgot to pick it up! They ended up 'returning' it and I had to pay $10 more to get it again this time around. Bah.

Also I got this.. I guess it was a LRG thing, but I had never heard about it in time, so I ended up picking up one off Ebay.

2099238223_2021-10-2918_34_45.thumb.jpg.7dc31782b9386f5306c89d31d4eca566.jpg

• Like 6

On 11/1/2021 at 6:15 PM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Raiden IV is great! I should probably grab Cruis'n Blast at some point. Cruis'n USA was one of the first games I got for the N64 back in the day.

Yeah, they did a great job with the Raiden 4 port, I'm really digging it. I played a ton of that one on the 360 back in the day, so it's cool to be able to play it on a handheld now. If you're a shmup fan, I highly recommend grabbing Gley Lancer from the e-store. It's an enhanced version of the Mega Drive game from the 90s, and just came out on all the consoles. It's on sale for less than $6 on switch right now. 

And I am having so much fun with Cruis'n Blast. But I'm an arcade racer junky. If you're into more accurate driving games, it's not for you, very arcadey in design and control. I actually played the original arcade in early 2020 at our Disney World hotel. We lucked out and managed to get a family vacation in February, about a month before covid hit, and our hotel had a really cool arcade. My favorite cab there was ATV Slam, but it looks like that one has stayed in the arcades unfortunately.

• Like 1

Mail call today!

39DB0B10-1F5D-4BC5-ACE2-C8B27475AE56.thumb.jpeg.2a3a64414b39f9b8f99c6ee19ad0f6a3.jpeg

still needed the Pitfall II CV box and this ones in nice shape.  Needed the Driving Controller box for my 2600 Racing Pak. 

FACE716C-3ABC-4D58-AEE5-948F2F48D005.thumb.jpeg.dcc7153027c7d903edd7b63dc5be2dfa.jpeg
Happy to pickup a few of these Electronic Games magazine newsletters to go with my magazine run.  Never realized there were so many of them!

C96697F9-CAB2-4FF6-84E9-38A2C8C72FA4.thumb.jpeg.d8996a3c1bf43244bb48df91a1bea0bb.jpeg

Got the Missile Command model kit to add to my others. Only missing the Asteroids truck for the set.  

• Like 5

Not video game related but a toy for Christmas.  My wife has been wanting a Lionel like her dad used to run around the Christmas tree.  I bought this for her birthday and we're looking forward to having it setup for Christmas.  It is a "postwar" era Lionel made in the late 50's.  The transformer and engine have been worked on so it runs pretty well.  I just need to tinker with a few things, like the whistle button needs some cleaning.  

The whistle is a fascinating device, sitting in the coal tender.  There's an AC motor that blows air thru a whistle box. Pushing the button applies DC to the center rail which causes a solenoid in the car to close and activate the motor.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, tep392 said:

Not video game related but a toy for Christmas.  My wife has been wanting a Lionel like her dad used to run around the Christmas tree.  I bought this for her birthday and we're looking forward to having it setup for Christmas.  It is a "postwar" era Lionel made in the late 50's.  The transformer and engine have been worked on so it runs pretty well.  I just need to tinker with a few things, like the whistle button needs some cleaning.  

The whistle is a fascinating device, sitting in the coal tender.  There's an AC motor that blows air thru a whistle box. Pushing the button applies DC to the center rail which causes a solenoid in the car to close and activate the motor.

Loving it!  This video makes me want to get one.  That transformer box is pretty cool.  Thanks for sharing.?

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 1:32 PM, sramirez2008 said:

Loving it!  This video makes me want to get one.  That transformer box is pretty cool.  Thanks for sharing.?

I wish I had the smoke liquid.  It had some when it arrived but ran out.  The way it puffs out the smoke looks really cool.

edit: I took the shell off to see how it works and there is a piston at the bottom of the smoke canister that is actuated by the wheels so the smoke puffs are timed to the speed of the engine.  It's really quite clever.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tep392 said:

I wish I had the smoke liquid.  It had some when it arrived but ran out.  The way it puffs out the smoke looks really cool.

Yeah!  You have to get the liquid.  There’s nothing better than watching these trains run. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

Ah, I'm getting that one at FreePlay Florida!  Tim is supposed to be there to autograph the book. I'm looking forward to it.  :)

Yeah, I wish I could attend and have him sign my copy.  This could go with my signed copy of Art of Atari. 

• Like 1