IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

So recently I picked up this cool Activision Robot Tank promo advertising the full size poster..

77243BC3-68A7-4CD8-A055-1821A0D04CBE.thumb.jpeg.c643ebe173cdbe355e1be5885c89259b.jpeg

On a whim, I decided to send it in to Activision and look what came in the mail today!!!

9D4F75C6-674D-454C-BFAA-4E01EE455661.thumb.jpeg.b0534678d64f38e514ded65e73c7fc57.jpeg

ok, ok just kidding about that part!  I really did get the poster today though thanks to @JayAre pointing it out on eBay.  It’s a nice little combination piece to have!

• Like 5

On 12/19 I ordered a Brawler64 controller for N64, in smoke grey:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07STR3G1D?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image

It showed up 12/29 and I've tried it with a couple of games.  Seems to work quite well - better than any other 3rd-party controller, though I don't know if the thumbstick is quite as precise as a new-condition OEM thumbstick - but those tend to wear down and break easily.

Capture.JPG

Edited by ls650
  • Like 2

Got a few Switch games for Christmas today! I was gifted a physical copy of Pokémon: Let's Go Eevee and a $20 eShop gift card that I used to pick up Layers of Fear: Legacy on sale for $4 (normally $25), Observer on sale for $6 (normally $30), and... umm... I mean, I could make excuses for the last game I spent $10 on but I'm not gonna :lol:

2021122520503100-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.thumb.jpg.e59eb001337359b050365d70ae849f0e.jpg

I guess this is more "What did I GET today", rather than buy, as it was a gift from another member here, @onlyinajeep .

Totally blown away-the stuff I need to crack open my CoCo2 and hot rod it, plus a video on HOW(necessary, as I is a dumbass, kinda).

PSU/A/V cords for my Vic-20, so I can finally test it out(it looks great, so I'm hoping it'll work fine).

The O2 stuff is NUTS, haven't looked into it, I think homebrew possibly, which is tops!(and still awesome, regardless).

Atari PC carts, great games, Vic-20 Gorf, which is just one of the neatest carts I've ever seen, dunno why.

CoCo2 joystick-Coco2 was the first PC I owned, I HATED it, but that joystick really is neat to see again.

Tac-2-Damn. I play a lot of pretty much all the systems that use a 9pin, including emulation, and I've wanted one of these for a long time, people do really well with them.

(Off topic-I actually use a flashback CX-40 almost exclusively, but I'm going for high scores, W/R's, and for some reason that cheap flimsy POS outperforms a real CX-40. Just sayin.).

3-D printed Moon Patrol tank! (Guessing?). That's awesome!

Needed that Vic-20 book, as well-I did grow up with the PC's, was a "gifted kid", so we were all shipped once a week to a special class, starting in 1980, had access to TI-99's(first PC I ever used, actually got one for Christmas, is my main "thing" right now, for scoring), most of the people I knew had Parents that were kinda obligated to buy some form of PC for their "smart kid"(don't get me wrong-whole experience was overrated, and socially detrimental, I ain't "special", by any stretch).

I really did know how to get around and do things on most 80's PC's, but frankly every single bit of that is gone.

I don't mean programming, I mean simple functions.

Right now, I kinda have to have a flashcart to do ANTYTHING, haha, I haven't managed to run anything with basic commands(and haven't actually tried too hard, tbh).

But I DO eventually want to get around to relearning it, going farther than I could when I was 10, lol, so I think that book, and that PC seems like a good restarting point.

OK, I'm babbling now. Gotta go start putting all this stuff to use!

Thanks, SR. Hard to put into words how much I appreciate it, frankly I've only begun to gush over it all, I swear. Stunned.

KISS Pinball. FFS. Awesome!!!

(KISS fan-let it go, don't make fun, I do understand your POV, but I just happen to like KISS.).

:D

Steve.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 4:35 PM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I see the Raizing logo in a post and the post gets an automatic like from me. 

Raizing made a lot of really awesome games and Soukyuugurentai is one of them. It's pretty obscure, but it's also one of the best and cheapest shooters on the system because of that. Putting the disc in a CD player (or your Saturn) will give you 51 music tracks from a selection of Raizing games for some reason, including Mahou Daisakusen and Battle Garegga, with only 2 tracks actually being from Soukyuugurentai. Definitely a must-own Saturn title. There is a PS1 version, but it has slowdown problems.

Soukyuugurentai did in fact end up being my final acquisition of the year, for that matter. I thought about buying some stuff on Steam, but I didn't. I did order my first game of the year on the 1st, though. Everyone will think I'm mad when I get it and wonder why the hell I bought it. I'd give a hint, but doing so would make it so obvious that I'll refrain. I can't wait to play it.

1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Raizing made a lot of really awesome games and Soukyuugurentai is one of them. It's pretty obscure, but it's also one of the best and cheapest shooters on the system because of that. Putting the disc in a CD player (or your Saturn) will give you 51 music tracks from a selection of Raizing games for some reason, including Mahou Daisakusen and Battle Garegga, with only 2 tracks actually being from Soukyuugurentai. Definitely a must-own Saturn title. There is a PS1 version, but it has slowdown problems.

Soukyuugurentai did in fact end up being my final acquisition of the year, for that matter. I thought about buying some stuff on Steam, but I didn't. I did order my first game of the year on the 1st, though. Everyone will think I'm mad when I get it and wonder why the hell I bought it. I'd give a hint, but doing so would make it so obvious that I'll refrain. I can't wait to play it.

Mahou Daisakusen (Sorcer Striker) is my favorite arcade game of all time. It did get a sequel on Saturn but I wish the original game got a port.

I was taking out some paper and cans to the recycle bins at my apartment building, and saw this TV sitting next to the bin.  It looked to be like new, so I thought I'd grab it and test it out.  The model is a Sansui HDLCDVD19S, manufactured Aug/2009 in Thailand. 

It has almost every connector imaginable: RF coaxial, AV, S-video, component, VGA, and HDMI.  I connected it to my Jaguar with S-video and my 2600 with RF, and the picture and sound were excellent.  And it even has a DVD player that works!

The only caveat is that it has a 19-inch screen, but I find that's good enough to plop it on my coffee table to play retro games.  It's sad that a lot of devices like this end up in landfill. 

20220102_095521.jpg

Edited by ls650
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Mahou Daisakusen (Sorcer Striker) is my favorite arcade game of all time. It did get a sequel on Saturn but I wish the original game got a port.

Apparently it did; it's on the X68000 and the FM Towns. There's also the emulated M2 ShotTriggers release on PS4. It's also going to be on the Astro City Mini V.

Edited by Steven Pendleton