IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

e63cb5ff-80b7-4170-b1ed-ad8e6f6dcf48rewj_12271.thumb.jpg.f815f50a81e47f3d82c127a2cef61363.jpg

I love my Wii U. I actually just started using Wii Fit U today. It was fun, and a few of the yoga moves were pretty tough. I realized I don’t know how to use a hula hoop very well. I really love the Eshop! My current favorite game is Kirby’s Return to Dreamland. It’s only $20 on the Eshop! Compared to 40-50$ on eBay it’s a really good deal! I think I might need a physical version of this game. It’s honestly one of the most fun games I’ve ever played. I came across it randomly on the Eshop.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

You got a ton of seriously awesome pick-ups! I'd be super curious to find out where you got New Pac-Man 8K on a physical cart! :-o

I had Al make it for me.  There's a custom cart service. Now the 8K version I have on that cart is the hack by Nukey Shay.  This is not the other 8K version of Pac-Man for the 2600.  :)

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, adamchevy said:

8cce222b2f5c69ef622c44cd96d42846.jpg

Purchased a couple Vectorlinks and controllers.

I'm kinda a purist, with the Vectrex controllers(where I play for high scores, it's required), even have a video on the oohtube, showing how to safely remove the plastic sticker/cover, for repairs(don't as me how to do repairs, lol, I'm not smart, just careful...), not a lot of views, but more than most of my vids, and has been pretty helpful to people.

That said, so many people have problems with them, the Vectorlink does seem like a good idea, for the system to continue to be played in years to come.

• Like 1

A couple of months ago I bought a Hyperkin Trooper and really like it. It has a design very similar to the old CX joystick from Atari, but is a bit more sturdy and hefty.

HPTrooper.thumb.jpg.771bb727865f5b64cdd70cd0816f656e.jpg

I saw pics of the Hyperkin Ranger and thought the built-in paddle knob was interesting.  So I ordered one.  I just played some Ladybug and some Kaboom with it.  Hmm, not so convinced it's as good of a controller as the Trooper.  I'll have to play with it some more and see what I think...

HPRanger.thumb.jpg.a7d60c6d10007790ee7fd6d8cdb2947c.jpg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, ls650 said:

A couple of months ago I bought a Hyperkin Trooper and really like it. It has a design very similar to the old CX joystick from Atari, but is a bit more sturdy and hefty.

I saw pics of the Hyperkin Ranger and thought the built-in paddle knob was interesting.  So I ordered one.  I just played some Ladybug and some Kaboom with it.  Hmm, not so convinced it's as good of a controller as the Trooper.  I'll have to play with it some more and see what I think...

I agree with your assessment regarding the Hyperkin Trooper.

I myself am a purist when it comes to using real deal joysticks when playing Atari consoles, so I was skeptical.  Previously used a 2600 Stelladaptor for my emulation needs, but it's a clunky setup.

Bought the Trooper 2 which has additional shoulder and front buttons, and it works quite well.
The joystick throw is a bit longer than a stock CX-40, but it's actually a joy to use once you adjust a bit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leonard Smith said:

I agree with your assessment regarding the Hyperkin Trooper.

I myself am a purist when it comes to using real deal joysticks when playing Atari consoles, so I was skeptical.  Previously used a 2600 Stelladaptor for my emulation needs, but it's a clunky setup.

Bought the Trooper 2 which has additional shoulder and front buttons, and it works quite well.
The joystick throw is a bit longer than a stock CX-40, but it's actually a joy to use once you adjust a bit.

I don't know the hyperkin-I liked my PS2 one, but it broke pretty quick.

Purist, too, but I swear...

The flashback CX-40's are the way to go.

Feels like yur gonna break them all the time, and you might, but they just respond really well, once you get used to them.

:)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

I don't know the hyperkin-I liked my PS2 one, but it broke pretty quick.

Purist, too, but I swear...

The flashback CX-40's are the way to go.

Feels like yur gonna break them all the time, and you might, but they just respond really well, once you get used to them.

:)

Agreed there as well.
I have a pair of Flashback 2.0 CX-40s and they do feel almost like the real thing (albeit a bit more plasticky). 

That being said the Trooper 2 has the extra buttons which makes playing Stella a bit more convenient since I have select/reset and the difficulty switches mapped to them.  

• Like 2

On 1/10/2022 at 8:34 PM, ls650 said:

HPRanger.thumb.jpg.a7d60c6d10007790ee7fd6d8cdb2947c.jpg

I only had one friend with a 2600 woody as a kid.  I don't remember if it was 4 or 6 switch.  But the main thing was the button ws on the left.  And for a lefty it was a pain to use.  I got the original trooper and the biggest thing was the 2 buttons.  They both do the same thing.  But at least I can use the stick with my left hand and the button with my right.  No more reaching over to the left like when I was a kid.  So much better.  Not sure what the version 2 of the trooper has to offer.  But the first trooper is not bad.

• Like 1