IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

2 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Is it the redump set? I was under the impression that those should be perfect dumps for all systems.

I think it's still a bios issue... even when I set my language to Japanese it's still a NA bios. Also the fact that I am using a Psuedo Saturn cart to play it might complicate things but the Otokuyou version plays flawlessly so I'm just going to use that version.

33 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I think it's still a bios issue... even when I set my language to Japanese it's still a NA bios. Also the fact that I am using a Psuedo Saturn cart to play it might complicate things but the Otokuyou version plays flawlessly so I'm just going to use that version.

Yeah, that's why I just use a stock Saturn, but I will buy an ODE eventually. Maybe this month. Maybe next year. Not decided yet. I have a lot of the games I want already, so I can just make my own dumps and mostly be good. For the rest, I'll just borrow them from a friend or... something.

That’s the thing.  I know I’ll see one again at some point, but I don’t have the funds to compete against many of the others that will also be in the running.  My only chance is for a reasonable BIN I stumble on.  Not impossible, but unlikely.  In 30+ years of collecting, I think I’ve only seen this box come up maybe 5 times.  

If I come across it in my travels or interneting I’ll let you know. If it’s in my travels I’ll pick it up if it’s the right price and mail it to you.

If it’s on the internets hopefully I can negotiate a good price if it’s not on the usual sites.

30 minutes ago, adamchevy said:

If I come across it in my travels or interneting I’ll let you know. If it’s in my travels I’ll pick it up if it’s the right price and mail it to you.

If it’s on the internets hopefully I can negotiate a good price if it’s not on the usual sites.

That’s much appreciated!

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 10:01 PM, ls650 said:

I received two different items in the mail today.  I have an old original NES, but it's getting long in the tooth and a bit temperamental, so I ordered a Hyperkin Retron 1 HD despite some perhaps questionable reviews.  I've tried a number of games, and I have to say I think the Retron is performing better than I was lead to believe. 

Most folks complain about the sound, but where I notice the difference is that some of the colours in a few games are off.  An example is Dr. Mario; the Mario on the side of the screen has a pale green hue to his skin.  I also noticed while playing 1942 that the letter 'E' is missing from all the onscreen text (ie.  R_ADY  PLAY_R  ON_ )  Other than that, it's played every game I've thrown at it without any noticeable issues.

I also received a copy of R.C. Pro Am, a racing game I really enjoy.

Retron1HD.jpg

I bought one of those a few years back as an alternative to the nes mini,  which couldn't be found at the time.  I thought it looked and played fine.  Some of the games may not have been pixel perfect to the original hardware,  but I couldn't tell.  The controller was very decent as well.  Throw a multi cart in it and it's a nice little self contained,  hdmi capable nes clone. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

I bought some great Power PC Mac games and hardware from Leonard Smith!

8A97C8C7-219D-4692-BC74-918D9AAAF80D.thumb.jpeg.87542e8c33368c8454f34f6212feaee6.jpeg

Wow, that's a collection I never considered!  My PowerBook G4 is still fully functional, this has me thinking about digging it out now. It might even be able to boot Mac OS classic, can't remember.

I did a ton of gaming on my old PowerMac and PowerBook -- Command and Conquer: Generals pretty much gave me the carpal tunnel :-D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rubeon said:

Wow, that's a collection I never considered!  My PowerBook G4 is still fully functional, this has me thinking about digging it out now. It might even be able to boot Mac OS classic, can't remember.

I did a ton of gaming on my old PowerMac and PowerBook -- Command and Conquer: Generals pretty much gave me the carpal tunnel :-D

Hit me up if you're in the market for any games or accessories.  I have some good stuff!  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A couple new Coleco pickups this week

A Spectravision stick for the Colecovision.  I think these really look sharp. 

86690FFB-E463-495C-8571-4DE9BC6829CD.thumb.jpeg.58806ce19a87cd2cac7c467f2bd89a0a.jpeg

Secondly, an interesting early stand alone from Coleco that plays 2 pinball and 2 shooting games.   It actually has side buttons to simulate pinball.  I had never seen this one before so I had to pick it up.  It seems quite rare.  

9BF8D830-FA74-43E3-8D80-DC3372AEDCD4.thumb.jpeg.98cb9d8e849039b95748d6d8e8a58cdf.jpeg8DF38547-4103-4125-A07F-6066769CCE42.thumb.jpeg.4f756c63ee33289dacc419a6614db291.jpeg

• Like 4