Jump to content
evilevoix

What did you buy today?.........

Recommended Posts

On 4/3/2021 at 3:44 AM, CaptainBreakout said:

Another thing I like about this is simple: Guest appeal! ...  Really?  Yes.    But, to WHO?!?

Yeah, I don't think they expected games like that to still be played more than a year or two later :)

I don't think anyone would complain if the Atari collections left that kind of stuff out, but they've got the rights to it, and it makes good filler..."includes 80 games" looks really good on the packaging :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, I got a thing today! Now I can illegally play 6 garbage games on mostly real hardware!

 

Pic_0405_630.thumb.jpg.f35c0e15c8b9c2e31290d6e401f26143.jpg

 

A few weeks ago Earthworm Jim 2: Fight the Fish! showed up. I finally read it yesterday and it was pretty good. I think I liked this one more than the first one, but I still find it really weird to think of Earthworm Jim as an actual character outside of the context of the games he's been in, and no, the cartoon does not count. I still am not sure how these new comics fit in with the games' stories, or if they even do at all, but whatever. Any day spent with Earthworm Jim is a good day except for when it isn't.

 

Pic_0405_631.thumb.jpg.d7418589ced1c8b90ad9ada67bcfbcdc.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Cool, I got a thing today! Now I can illegally play 6 garbage games on mostly real hardware!

 

Pic_0405_630.thumb.jpg.f35c0e15c8b9c2e31290d6e401f26143.jpg

I'm a little confused.  I don't understand exactly what this thing does (even after reading the https://mobiusstriptechnologies.com/product/msdexp/  website)

 

I get that you can plug it into the Sega expansion port, and I guess it's intended to be used for the MegaCD from Terraonion.  But... um why exactly?  If you have a 32x, can't you just plop the MegaCD cart into the 32x?

 

Sorry, maybe I should direct this question to mobiusstriptechnologies, but if anyone here wants to enlighten me on the nuances of this strange adaptor, and why I'd want it, I'm all ears  (I just got a working 32x, so I'm keyed into this and wondering about it.)

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

I'm a little confused.  I don't understand exactly what this thing does (even after reading the https://mobiusstriptechnologies.com/product/msdexp/  website)

 

I get that you can plug it into the Sega expansion port, and I guess it's intended to be used for the MegaCD from Terraonion.  But... um why exactly?  If you have a 32x, can't you just plop the MegaCD cart into the 32x?

 

Sorry, maybe I should direct this question to mobiusstriptechnologies, but if anyone here wants to enlighten me on the nuances of this strange adaptor, and why I'd want it, I'm all ears  (I just got a working 32x, so I'm keyed into this and wondering about it.)

 

 

So basically all this does is let you play the 6 terrible games that require both the CD and the 32X and let you play CD games without removing your 32X. You need this thing, the MegaSD, a 32X, and a Genesis or Mega Drive. You can also use the Mega Sg, but you need the DAC for it as well. Because there is a bus conflict that prevents you from running CD games through a 32X, you need to run CD games from the edge connector if you have your 32X attached, and this allows you to do that.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, not strictly gaming related but I bought this today:

 

Hisense (65Q8G) QLED 4k TV.

Hisense 65" Q8G 4K UHD Android Television - 65Q8G | The Brick

This will replace my 10 years old Sharp 1080p 60" which still works fine, but I want to move on to UHD.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought my first X68000 game the other day, and it showed up 2 hours ago. Here it is:

 

Pic_0407_632.thumb.jpg.7566c2246c13eda00edee4c55761bdd0.jpg

 

Yes, it's Cotton! Not a bad choice for your first X68000 game, I think. This is one of the first home ports of an arcade game that is superior to the original arcade version as far as I know. This is the 2019 reissue from BEEP on 5 inch floppy. I wanted to get this 2 years ago when it was announced, but I missed my chance then since I was not aware of how they were selling it at the time. BEEP cleaned out their warehouse a few days ago and found a very small amount of extra copies, so I bought one. I think there is some stuff that has been added to this reissue, but I'm not completely sure. There are 2 additional things that came with it:

 

Pic_0407_633.thumb.jpg.bb4db74e22bd0e109c3a8bf9eb2ea01f.jpg

Rocking stand/key chain

 

This is Cotton, which means teacup!

Pic_0407_634.thumb.jpg.41d9cdbb78f97cce23cd23aedccd05e4.jpg

 

I unfortunately do not have an X68000 yet. I have played this game on a real X68000 at BEEP (wonderful little store, by the way. Go there if you get the chance!), though.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not exactly a video game, but it fits with the arcade vibe! Today I got a proper commerical gumball machine to put next to my Neo Geo MVSX cab. I did a little mod work on the inside and removed the coin detector so I've got free gumballs and free arcade games aplenty! :D

 

28481586_20210408162957_IMG_95902.thumb.JPG.63c9177787a8f4bf203550225e284969.JPG

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mushihimesama Futari, another fantastic bullet hell shooter by Cave for the 360. 
 

it’s all in Japanese so I have no idea what’s happening most of the time, but it’s beautiful and crazy and supports Tate mode so 10/10. 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

figma Styx and Rynex!

 

Pic_0411_638.thumb.jpg.e98e186bd2f0b3fafc992fb00dcdbb00.jpg

 

They come with a variety of parts: CLAWs for Styx, CLAWs for Rynex, yellow parts for Styx to match the color scheme of the Styx mass production model from Thunder Force IV, and the Thunder Sword and Thunder CLAWs to match Rynex's late-game configuration, which I will of course use:

 

Pic_0411_639.thumb.jpg.8baba3dba97fd50cfa652970dc5d5f70.jpg

 

Pic_0411_642.thumb.jpg.aa6d3c87881f0a2d694c6cc423526dcf.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mockduck said:

Great score for $25 local facebook ad and a Super Pong for $50.

Ooh! Aah!  Nice pick up.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ec92dfff7592ac27db9bc2648a7f3365.pnga60151db634caf98987c69331a5d8a4b.png

 

I had to buy my wife an original PeachesNCream Barbie because my little girls ripped the head off of her childhood one and destroyed all hope of reattachment. I decided that I needed a better motherboard for my 8700k with better VRMs so I could overclock to atleast 5GHZ with my Noctua Cpu cooler.

This is the first motherboard I’ve purchased that doesn’t have some kind of built in Video output solution. Now if they could just eliminate USB 2.0 my motherboard dreams would be complete.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, adamchevy said:

ec92dfff7592ac27db9bc2648a7f3365.pnga60151db634caf98987c69331a5d8a4b.png

 

I had to buy my wife an original PeachesNCream Barbie because my little girls ripped the head off of her childhood one and destroyed all hope of reattachment. I decided that I needed a better motherboard for my 8700k with better VRMs so I could overclock to atleast 5GHZ with my Noctua Cpu cooler.

This is the first motherboard I’ve purchased that doesn’t have some kind of built in Video output solution. Now if they could just eliminate USB 2.0 my motherboard dreams would be complete.

I buy the wife all the figuarts zero and chouette Sailor Moon figures. Only to find out now 1 of them is nearly 1k and another 500....and I thought retro gaming was expensive.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I randomly got a package in the mail from SNK today and inside was this Terry Bogard bobblehead! I have no idea why they sent this to me, but I totally love it and he shall live atop my MVSX cabinet forever :lol:

 

2021361803_20210412194726_IMG_96612.thumb.JPG.9ff0ff00dbc856a085c1cd00f1e89e37.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 4300 said:

20210415_151837.jpg

 

 

The O2 has some unique and fun games - and unlike a lot of other old 8-bit stuff, the prices haven't climbed into the stratosphere yet...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ls650 said:

The O2 has some unique and fun games - and unlike a lot of other old 8-bit stuff, the prices haven't climbed into the stratosphere yet...

 

It's surprisingly cheap. A nice change of pace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s only a handful of games for the system that are somewhat pricey. The rest of the system collection is dirt cheap.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...