Jump to content
evilevoix

What did you buy today?.........

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

What are the ones labelled SUPER MARIO BROS and DONKEY KONG?

Better give him some time to clean those before he puts them into a nice SNES or Super NT to find out.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

Better give him some time to clean those before he puts them into a nice SNES or Super NT to find out.  

Yeah, those are probably pretty dirty and my Super Nt is really picky about dirty carts. My SFC can be somewhat picky as well, but the cart slot in that thing is incredibly filthy since I never bothered to clean it after I got it. Basically anything that goes into it needs to be cleaned instantly. I should probably clean the thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

What are the ones labelled SUPER MARIO BROS and DONKEY KONG?

DKC and All Stars+Super Mario World

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, those are probably pretty dirty and my Super Nt is really picky about dirty carts. My SFC can be somewhat picky as well, but the cart slot in that thing is incredibly filthy since I never bothered to clean it after I got it. Basically anything that goes into it needs to be cleaned instantly. I should probably clean the thing...

Not only dirty,  but abused to the point that the button cell battery in several of these came loose and was rattling around inside the carts

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 4300 said:

DKC and All Stars+Super Mario World

Tasty~ I actually had some interest in getting the +Super Mario World version, but they never released it in Japan and I already had Super Mario World and Super Mario Collection separately before I learned that the All-Stars+World version existed.

2 minutes ago, 4300 said:

Not only dirty,  but abused to the point that the button cell battery in several of these came loose and was rattling around inside the carts

Damn, that's rough. I wonder how much abuse you'd need to get them to come off like that. Good thing those are relatively easy to replace from what I have heard. I am not sure if there's anything on one of those PCBs that could be damaged by a loose battery, now that I think about it.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Tasty~ I actually had some interest in getting the +Super Mario World version, but they never released it in Japan and I already had Super Mario World and Super Mario Collection separately before I learned that the All-Stars+World version existed.

Damn, that's rough. I wonder how much abuse you'd need to get them to come off like that. Good thing those are relatively easy to replace from what I have heard. I am not sure if there's anything on one of those PCBs that could be damaged by a loose battery, now that I think about it.

So far,  everything seems to work after a good cleaning. Those batteries are spot welded to the connectors. I have no idea what they would've done to these carts to actually break them loose. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Yeah, those are probably pretty dirty and my Super Nt is really picky about dirty carts. My SFC can be somewhat picky as well, but the cart slot in that thing is incredibly filthy since I never bothered to clean it after I got it. Basically anything that goes into it needs to be cleaned instantly. I should probably clean the thing...

 

Well,   Get to it!

 

you-can-do-it-meme-47.jpeg

 

 

 

 

(heh)  Sorry I couldn't find a more relaxed sort of meme...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

XBox and PS2 is pretty cheap right now.  I got a box of 30 PS2 games for $60, an XBox for $30 with four controllers and four games.  I also bought a box lot of 2 PS2s, and an XBox 360 with controllers and about 10 games for each system for $100.  Tons of gaming pleasure there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the way to ship a $150 game!!!! 😡.  Fortunately no damage seemed to be done.  Beyond surprised at that.  
 

9E0797B3-A4D6-4C4A-A6F7-6534FACA795C.thumb.jpeg.663ecd1c5b981a761e9df1567843d03f.jpeg

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this...

 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.2adfa5aefa851e87c90702148c414246.jpg

 

2000480126_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.1a9292a582a5beaee4ed6507e4e15de5.jpg

 

I got it in the mail a couple of days ago, just to be honest.

 

Yay! I'm back to buying weird retro stuff now and then!  (Divorce is a bitch! -but it does get better.)

 

My 6-year-old son played the tape and had some trouble following it with the book the first time.  The next day he got up early, rewound the tape and played it and pretty much followed it all the way through.

 

Tron. A cheesier story has seldom been told.  I still love it tho.

 

The best moment was at the end when the narrator excitedly said, "If you want to hear the story again, just turn the tape over!"

 

My son replied out loud, "No, thank you."

 

Good manners, that kid.

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2021 at 1:10 PM, GoldLeader said:

 

Well,   Get to it!

 

you-can-do-it-meme-47.jpeg

 

 

 

 

(heh)  Sorry I couldn't find a more relaxed sort of meme...

 

lol yeah, I need to get around to it. I have never really used my SFC since I got my Super Nt 2 years ago, though.

 

Anyway, Sonic Colors: Ultimate 30th anniversary thingy showed up today.

 

Pic_0909_772.thumb.jpg.de3daf23b38d44c9e0fc5faa9518b694.jpg

 

I feel like I've said happy birthday to Sonic like 6 trillion times over the past few months and this is the final time since this is basically the official 30th anniversary game, I guess, even though the release is several months too late for that. Still, this is close as it will get and I would have preferred PC, but I wanted a physical copy since this is his 30th anniversary game-ish thing, so PS4 it is. I've never played the original Sonic Colors since it was a 3D Sonic game released at a time when 3D Sonic = bad, but I have been wanting to play it for a few years now since I'd heard it was good, so I bought this. After 30 186 minutes playing it, my impression is... this game exists. It's okay. That's about all I have to say about it. is actually pretty nice. I've played better games and better Sonic games, but I think I like this game overall and I think I might even slightly prefer it over Sonic Generations, but I'll need more time with both to decide. The game crashed one time, but I didn't lose anything, so no big deal, I suppose.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20210910_123044.thumb.jpg.c1dfd5a6369815c28aeca17ff4b979d2.jpg

 

Found this at my local game store... great game. I just wish it had more than 3 credits. I'm spoiled  that many PC Engine shmups have infinite continues.

 

20210910_134518.thumb.jpg.b3fe661bf39c1f570ee71a79a078ac3c.jpg

 

I also forgot that I had bought Crystalis last month...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my system that I am getting on Tuesday this week coming, I am getting a 130xe , a 1050 Happy drive , 150 disks , 6 cartridges, and a bunch of joysticks. I got them all for free, I just had to pay $55.00 Canadian for shipping , bonus : Both the 130 XE and the 1050 disk drive have their original boxes. The guy I got them from was really nice , had not used them in 30 years , and was glad to give them a good home.

 

I am curious as to what the two switches are on the 130 XE in the first picture , could be a Bitwriter and an Omnimon device. Those switches may cause problems with my Fujinet, (which I get about 3 weeks ago).

 

Russ

 

241694446_819148562104235_2377972316750242727_n.jpg

241356592_891527341761309_6624961520286601489_n.jpg

241734634_412794846859116_9222902783193097751_n.jpg

WIN_20210910_14_45_51_Pro.jpg

Edited by rcamp48
Add a picture of my Fujinet
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rcamp48 said:

Here is my system that I am getting on Tuesday this week coming, I am getting a 130xe , a 1050 Happy drive , 150 disks , 6 cartridges, and a bunch of joysticks. I got them all for free, I just had to pay $55.00 Canadian for shipping , bonus : Both the 130 XE and the 1050 disk drive have their original boxes. The guy I got them from was really nice , had not used them in 30 years , and was glad to give them a good home.

 

I am curious as to what the two switches are on the 130 XE in the first picture , could be a Bitwriter and an Omnimon device. Those switches may cause problems with my Fujinet, (which I get about 3 weeks ago).

 

Russ

 

241694446_819148562104235_2377972316750242727_n.jpg

241356592_891527341761309_6624961520286601489_n.jpg

241734634_412794846859116_9222902783193097751_n.jpg

WIN_20210910_14_45_51_Pro.jpg

Does that broken tab on the cartridge port make it hard to insert them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2021 at 3:24 PM, Atari_Bill said:

Not the way to ship a $150 game!!!! 😡.  Fortunately no damage seemed to be done.  Beyond surprised at that.  
 

9E0797B3-A4D6-4C4A-A6F7-6534FACA795C.thumb.jpeg.663ecd1c5b981a761e9df1567843d03f.jpeg

That shit annoys me to no end. The post office will even give you a free box

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 4300 said:

That the Jason Kopp multi? 

Yes it is.  I'm waiting on some translucent shells so I can put it into one. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Yes it is.  I'm waiting on some translucent shells so I can put it into one. 

 

Put a sticker or electrical tape over the window on the eprom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...