Jump to content
evilevoix

What did you buy today?.........

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Shawn said:

 

Put a sticker or electrical tape over the window on the eprom. 

There's a label design for the cart that I will be using.  Out of curiosity, though, why do you recommend doing it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

There's a label design for the cart that I will be using.  Out of curiosity, though, why do you recommend doing it?

In guessing because that led is annoyingly bright

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2-3 weeks of ambient sun should erase that EEPROM straight clean for you. A few months longer if indirect. And who knows what wavelengths the LED is putting out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Probably be my last post in here for a while,  since I blew my wad on this thing...
20210914_123234.thumb.jpg.8951f47338dea21399573c7470019ffb.jpg

I’ve had my eye on those for a while. You’ll have to let me know if it lives up to all the praise. I’ve been wanting to upgrade my 60” plasma to one of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, adamchevy said:


I’ve had my eye on those for a while. You’ll have to let me know if it lives up to all the praise. I’ve been wanting to upgrade my 60” plasma to one of those.

So far,  it does.  Colors and black levels are pretty amazing.  I haven't hooked the Series X up yet.  That'll be the real test. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4300 said:

So far,  it does.  Colors and black levels are pretty amazing.  I haven't hooked the Series X up yet.  That'll be the real test. 

I got a 55" CX at the beginning of the year when my Series X showed up. No regrets, everything about the LG flagship sets is amazing. The Series X is a happy camper with these panels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rubeon said:

I got a 55" CX at the beginning of the year when my Series X showed up. No regrets, everything about the LG flagship sets is amazing. The Series X is a happy camper with these panels.

Yeah,  a buddy of mine is running his Series X through a CX and he talked me into going this route. So far, I'm loving the C1. I almost went with a QLED and am glad I didn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This showed up in the mail yesterday just as I was putting my shoes on so I could go to work. I've never seen a US Saturn case before. It's a bit bigger than I expected.

 

Pic_0917_776.thumb.jpg.1ae02e17c35d70f258a368c7294e4cfd.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I WAS going to buy this stuff on Sat. I even put down a deposit, only to be refunded and told "I'm unable to sell the stuff now" 🙄 I was really looking forward to repairing these and adding Joust to my 5200 collection. Ugh. Also didn't know what some of these are but figured they'd be cool to have or whatever. Seriously freaking bummed about this falling through.

 

On another note, does anyone know what the weird looking cart is in the last pic? It's wider on one end. It would help if I could read the name but the "seller" took terrible pictures.

Screenshot_20210916-193117.png

Screenshot_20210916-193121.png

Screenshot_20210916-193125.png

Screenshot_20210916-193127.png

Screenshot_20210916-193131.png

Screenshot_20210916-193136.png

Screenshot_20210916-193139.png

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

c633398ac92d2293514291a70cf95b64.jpg

Found this set Like New in box for $200 shipped 2 weeks ago on eBay. It looks like it was used by a very meticulous person for a few months and put back in the box with all of the original packaging. That or it was a store return. Either way it works like new.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four Activision patches that I still needed in one sale!  My patch collection isn’t huge, but I’ve got a few nice ones.  
 

50A546DC-A7F4-433C-A2E5-9908EA74C711.thumb.jpeg.b7a6ee5ea021081d4c7bdb344297a4e5.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2021 at 11:03 PM, CaptainBreakout said:

I got this...

 

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.2adfa5aefa851e87c90702148c414246.jpg

 

2000480126_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.1a9292a582a5beaee4ed6507e4e15de5.jpg

 

I got it in the mail a couple of days ago, just to be honest.

 

Yay! I'm back to buying weird retro stuff now and then!  (Divorce is a bitch! -but it does get better.)

 

My 6-year-old son played the tape and had some trouble following it with the book the first time.  The next day he got up early, rewound the tape and played it and pretty much followed it all the way through.

 

Tron. A cheesier story has seldom been told.  I still love it tho.

 

The best moment was at the end when the narrator excitedly said, "If you want to hear the story again, just turn the tape over!"

 

My son replied out loud, "No, thank you."

 

Good manners, that kid.

 

 

Is this the same story? 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not buy no name external hard drives. Chances are it's spoofed and it's like a less than 1GB flash drive inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought a filthy, nicotine-stained Amiga 500 off ebay and used it to practice de-yellowing.  I think it turned out alright:

 

IMG_1112.thumb.jpeg.6b17b213a0328c53642e02f09a1b98c6.jpeg

IMG_1117.thumb.jpeg.b816e335b026aa337d3100b0d4bf257e.jpeg

IMG_1115.thumb.jpeg.78bf8ee35f7ad67c423dd3e965742c99.jpeg

 

I never had an Amiga and know nothing about them, so now I have no idea what I'm going to do with it.

IMG_1108.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, rubeon said:

I bought a filthy, nicotine-stained Amiga 500 off ebay and used it to practice de-yellowing.  I think it turned out alright:

 

IMG_1112.thumb.jpeg.6b17b213a0328c53642e02f09a1b98c6.jpeg

IMG_1117.thumb.jpeg.b816e335b026aa337d3100b0d4bf257e.jpeg

IMG_1115.thumb.jpeg.78bf8ee35f7ad67c423dd3e965742c99.jpeg

 

I never had an Amiga and know nothing about them, so now I have no idea what I'm going to do with it.

IMG_1108.jpeg

Play games of course! Or do some tracker music! :DDDDDDDDDD

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I would not buy no name external hard drives. Chances are it's spoofed and it's like a less than 1GB flash drive inside.

 

It's only a sata to usb dock. I'm putting my own SSD in it.

 

2.5 inch Hard Drive Box SATA USB2.0 HDD Case External Hard Disk Enclosure H1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Play games of course! Or do some tracker music! :DDDDDDDDDD

I've checked, and the games on the Amiga seem to be mostly soccer- or snooker-related.  Also, I've been led to believe that the Atari ST is the tool for music creation! (a disgustingly filthy ST 520 will definitely be my next purchase)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rubeon said:

I've checked, and the games on the Amiga seem to be mostly soccer- or snooker-related.  Also, I've been led to believe that the Atari ST is the tool for music creation! (a disgustingly filthy ST 520 will definitely be my next purchase)

The Amiga had a huge music scene... The Atari ST was used more professionally to sequence hardware synths and samplers.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, TrekMD said:

There's a label design for the cart that I will be using.  Out of curiosity, though, why do you recommend doing it?

 

Covering the EPROM window is best as UV light erases the chip. Small amounts over a long period of time could cause corruption. Better safe than sorry.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...