Jump to content
evilevoix

What did you buy today?.........

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

I only had one friend with a 2600 woody as a kid.  I don't remember if it was 4 or 6 switch.  But the main thing was the button ws on the left.  And for a lefty it was a pain to use.  I got the original trooper and the biggest thing was the 2 buttons.  They both do the same thing.  But at least I can use the stick with my left hand and the button with my right.  No more reaching over to the left like when I was a kid.  So much better.  Not sure what the version 2 of the trooper has to offer.  But the first trooper is not bad.

 

Wow, the shape of thumbstick on that looks pretty uncomfortable.

Wonder why they didn't just use a round/circular thumbstick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

I only had one friend with a 2600 woody as a kid.  I don't remember if it was 4 or 6 switch.  But the main thing was the button ws on the left.  And for a lefty it was a pain to use.  I got the original trooper and the biggest thing was the 2 buttons.  They both do the same thing.  But at least I can use the stick with my left hand and the button with my right.  No more reaching over to the left like when I was a kid.  So much better.  Not sure what the version 2 of the trooper has to offer.  But the first trooper is not bad.

 

I too am a lefty-not being haughty about it, but several of my friends are some of the GOATS on their respective systems-you'd be amazed at how many "top players" are left handed, truly seems to be a thing...

Pretty ambidextrous, I play guitar competently(lol, that's NOT bragging)right handed, but I've never struggled with adapting to controllers, and I've used them all.

On the CX-40, I appreciate being able to support the base solidly with my strong hand, and also use my strong thumb for button pressing.

 

I recently got a TAC-2, it hadn't even occurred to me to try to adapt my play and use the right button, but knowing me I probably will now, just to see if I can.

:)

Lefties Rule!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First soundtrack get of the year: Battle Garegga. Kind of difficult to see, but I'm too lazy to take another picture. I wish they'd put the bonus disc in a jewel case instead of a sleeve thing, but they didn't.

 

Pic_0114_893.thumb.jpg.13c19368171d4bdeb0f940c536fecb88.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was out of town today, and hit up a few shops, found some decent stuff. I have Batman Returns disc only, and was excited to find a manual for it in the wild. 

 

20220115-223049.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I bought the ugliest copy of Virtua Racer for the Sega 32x I've ever seen. The label is thrashed. I had watched it, and the seller offered me a discount... So I was like oh ok.

 

I wanted it because I want to use the shell for a 32x homebrew (probably Rick Dangerous).

 

Then I was thinking... What do I do with the PCB, assuming Virtua Racer works? I have recently started collecting 32x, and I don't have Virtua Racer.

 

Then I remembered I have the cart of the Genesis version... And I recently found out the cart is dead. So yeah... I plan on swapping in the 32x version, assuming it works and fits.

 

Happy accidents in game collecting.

Edited by CaptainBreakout
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I purchased one of these beauties. If you would like one I think Jason still has some available.

 

[email protected]

 

They cost $25.00 with shipping included and are amazing for the price!

 

2b1ff3fa3d50d3f1af68450b3bd98a06.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, adamchevy said:

I purchased one of these beauties. If you would like one I think Jason still has some available.

 (Vectrex Super Multi)

[email protected]

They cost $25.00 with shipping included and are amazing for the price!

I bought one and threw it into a plain black shell.  Great deal - especially for such a low price.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I bought one and threw it into a plain black shell.  Great deal - especially for such a low price.

I just saw on the Vectrex fans Unite forums that this run is now sold out.

I agree! They are an amazing deal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered from Best Electronics for the first time.  I had no issues dealing with Brad.  
2 emails and we had the deal done and finalized.  A little unorthodox in this day and age of Amazon Prime, but it was smooth and hassle free. 
Shipping was uber quick too.   Love the Atari tape on the box!

(1) Atari 7800 Europad
(2) Atari Proline Joystick (Best Upgraded or whatever it is)

 

 

atari.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Leonard Smith said:

Ordered from Best Electronics for the first time.  I had no issues dealing with Brad.  
2 emails and we had the deal done and finalized.  A little unorthodox in this day and age of Amazon Prime, but it was smooth and hassle free. 
Shipping was uber quick too.   Love the Atari tape on the box!

(1) Atari 7800 Europad
(2) Atari Proline Joystick (Best Upgraded or whatever it is)

 

 

atari.jpg

 

Sweet pickup! I've always loved those 7800 Europads. They may not be quite as responsive or well designed as a Sega Genesis controller, but there's just something that feels neat about playing with an official Atari joypad controller :)

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20220121_111242.thumb.jpg.a67023dc0249ab11aae47215889c7a2e.jpg20220121_155231.thumb.jpg.50a8bd4b752b5c691fd00cda93a161dc.jpg

 

Don't ask me why two of the carts had no label... so I made my own... nothing fancy but at least I can tell what those 2 games are without having to insert them first.

 

Also the logo on the C64 isn't missing... I just need to glue it back on.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2022 at 10:33 PM, profholt82 said:

I was out of town today, and hit up a few shops, found some decent stuff. I have Batman Returns disc only, and was excited to find a manual for it in the wild. 

 

20220115-223049.jpg

I didn't know Raiden V had a physical release... I just have the download version on my Switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

 

Sweet pickup! I've always loved those 7800 Europads. They may not be quite as responsive or well designed as a Sega Genesis controller, but there's just something that feels neat about playing with an official Atari joypad controller :)

 

Thanks!
I'm actually surprised by how small the CX-78 Joypad is.  It's less wide than a standard NES pad.  I definitely prefer the Dpad on this as it has a nice satisfying feel.  Don't care for the thumbstick attachment though...just doesn't feel right during gameplay.

That being said, I'm a joystick guy through and through, so the CX-78 won't be a heavy use item.  Just wanted to get one in good shape before they become overly scarce.

The 7800 Proline controller, believe it not, is actually really good to use.  I tested it out via emulation on Ms Pac-Man and Jr Pac-Man and I like the short throw of the stick as well as the somewhat tactile positive response.  This is one of the gold plated Best enhanced models, but yeah, I like it so far!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I didn't know Raiden V had a physical release... I just have the download version on my Switch.

Well, I bought it originally when it first came out as an XB1 exclusive. But this switch version is like the one that came out a year or two later for the PS4, the director's cut. I'm not sure of the differences as I haven't played it yet. It was a cool find though. Came with the soundtrack on a little mini CD and an art booklet, nice package. 

20220121-205450.jpg

20220121-205551.jpg

Edited by profholt82
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, profholt82 said:

Well, I bought it originally when it first came out as an XB1 exclusive. But this switch version is like the one that came out a year or two later for the PS4, the director's cut. I'm not sure of the differences as I haven't played it yet. It was a cool find though. Came with the soundtrack on a little mini CD and an art booklet, nice package. 

20220121-205450.jpg

20220121-205551.jpg

I do have Raiden IV x Mikado Remix on physical though...

.20211029_123148.thumb.jpg.65a79bb02b6fc557cb2c792e89206920.jpg

 

Which has a much better soundtrack than V does BTW.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like Atari Twentieth Century Fox prices have gone a little nuts lately.  Picked these up recently, but not as affordable as I had hoped.  Was happy to find the difficult early release copy of Worm War I.
 

B766CA7E-C5DD-4CF8-A5B6-C8DB11C4CB65.thumb.jpeg.971baac714b05b2612556a647756341d.jpeg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

It seems like Atari Twentieth Century Fox prices have gone a little nuts lately.  Picked these up recently, but not as affordable as I had hoped.  Was happy to find the difficult early release copy of Worm War I.
 

B766CA7E-C5DD-4CF8-A5B6-C8DB11C4CB65.thumb.jpeg.971baac714b05b2612556a647756341d.jpeg

I have Crypts of Chaos... but loose. I never really figured out how to play it. Though for 20th Century Fox games... I quite like Turmoil.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last month I completed Star Wars trilogy on SNES. 

I already had Super Star Wars, then on eBay I found from the same seller the other two games at a good price and in good condition so.. I couldn't leave them there :)

 

IMG_20211213_125945.thumb.jpg.1a2d3e8d588e1c4e7aea473d729b0909.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...