IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

1 hour ago, rubeon said:

I got the MiSTer USB add-on last week, and it opened a lot of possibilities for me. It's much easier to move it to a new TV, for example, and take the keyboard/gamepads/mouse with.

My DC power Y-splitter cable didn't work, though, so I'd be interested to hear if yours worked!

My USB hub is powered by the MiSTer itself, so I just have to plug in the MiSTer itself and it magically works. I bought the last of these: https://ultimatemister.com/product/usb-hub-2-1-with-cables-and-bridgeboard/

11 minutes ago, cybercylon said:

I wish I had gotten into the MiSTer earlier last year when I had a chance. It will probably be a long wait now.

You can get the DE10-Nano directly from the maker, if you want: https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&No=1046&PartNo=8#contents

You don't need much else besides the RAM for the cores that need it and a way to connect controllers, but you should probably also get some form of cooling for it, as the FPGA gets pretty hot.

3 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

You can get the DE10-Nano directly from the maker, if you want: https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&No=1046&PartNo=8#contents

Sad that prices have gone up the past couple years as I wanted to get another one as a gift for my brother.. but at that price plus $65 SDRAM and you're already at $275 without anything else vs. the $180 I spent only a couple years ago for the same stuff. And that's not even counting anything else like an i/o board, cables, etc. But yes, it's just how it is at the moment.

On what did you buy.. I got my kid a "Sound Voltex" controller as he was begging for one.

831002992_2022-04-1413_53_39.thumb.jpg.adc029813ed1783e95719be6e1a4a826.jpg

And while I didn't technically buy these recently at all (I bought them decades ago new), my mom is visiting next month so I'm having her target a few of my more desirable Genesis games to bring with her on the plane so I can finally have them here.

genny.thumb.jpg.68400d5316c524ac3e09511beab3d439.jpg

• Like 2

Has anyone else had trouble finding the box for this?  I’ve been looking for a while and finally found this one not bad except for severe sun damage on one side and top. Still, it’s the only copy I’ve seen sold in over a year.  It’s the last Coleco box I needed (except for Berenstein Bears which I’ll likely never get). 

918CCAC4-5769-4A36-A605-903E3FBA2DAC.thumb.jpeg.7c89b150294978576a0a7f005f285bc8.jpeg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Has anyone else had trouble finding the box for this?  I’ve been looking for a while and finally found this one not bad except for severe sun damage on one side and top. Still, it’s the only copy I’ve seen sold in over a year.  It’s the last Coleco box I needed (except for Berenstein Bears which I’ll likely never get). 

918CCAC4-5769-4A36-A605-903E3FBA2DAC.thumb.jpeg.7c89b150294978576a0a7f005f285bc8.jpeg

IMO Roc'N Rope is easily the rarest box out of the NTSC Coleco boxes to find, followed by Time Pilot. 

It was the hardest Coleco box for me to acquire, let alone get a decent one. 

I have had 3 CIBs come into my collection over the past 6-7 years.  The first one I bought I got from a guy in AA FB Marketplace. He didn't really have good pics of the front so I kinda bought it sight unseen. Even after I paid I asked for a better pic and he never sent it. When I received the box I figured out why. It had security tape on it that had been removed and it removed the printing on the front of the box. I was a little pissed and the guy apologized but didn't really do anything for me. I basically canceled him and never bought from him again. Luckily I only paid $36 for it. I eventually found an upgrade on Etsy of all places but the bottom flap was a little messed up. I eventually upgraded that one with a local find of a really clean boxed CIB for $15. 

I traded the first upgrade a couple of years ago in a big trade and I have tried to sell the security tape box 2-3 times but no one wants it. LOL. 

IMG_5539.jpg

• Like 2

My new RetroTINK-5X Pro showed up today:

image.thumb.png.ed84702f6b6675f399ea575732b77cb5.png

I was so intent on getting it into my setup that I forgot to do a glamour-shot of it.

I'm replacing the very excellent RetroTINK 2X and the very disappointing RetroTINK SCART with the one unit, and so far it's excellent.

I throw a varied set of hardware at it: S-Video, RGB scart, composite, both PAL and NTSC.  So far the HDMI video and sound quality is excellent and it syncs pretty quickly compared to previous units. Can recommend!

My only complaint really is that the SCART connector is backwards.  That cable should run off in the same direction as all the other cables.

• Like 2

Mail call today!  

Always wanted the t shirt Mash Combo and finally found an affordable one.  

The 7800 Kung Fu Master was a purchase from a Marketplace.  It is box only and was hidden in a larger lot.  I convinced them to sell me just the box. This will finally allow me to finish my boxed 7800 set. Wasn’t sure I would ever get this one.  The few boxes I still need are not that pricey.  

72A04B13-5E3E-4EF3-BE37-5DA97D264AE4.thumb.jpeg.7aca19d2cd874bc9529d5fdcf3833c40.jpeg

• Like 6

Yes, that M*A*S*H shirt went cheap. Great snag. I was watching it but lost track of it at the end or I might have jumped in.

Congrats on the KFM box. Definitely one that is hard to come buy. The one thing I can't figure out is why Absolute chose to make a manual so large that is doesn't fit in the box without folding it over. So weird. 

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I really need a box for my Kid's Controller.  Would look great with my CCW CIBs.

You can get a NOS from Brad at Best. So you have one for the shelf since you already have a controller to play with. ;) 

I bought one last July. They were $20 then. 

723119907_PhotoApr28115919AM.thumb.jpg.3cfc026b248db964e1309c1d5d2a9465.jpg

988088624_PhotoApr28115932AM.thumb.jpg.e279fff3e19e240ff327666ddca1eb0a.jpg

1245205915_PhotoApr28115820AM.thumb.jpg.6e7348acbfd9dd583e3be94a62e6cad2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2