IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

Latest catch: The remains of a former Atari service. Contains: TT030, Mega STE, 2x Mega ST2 (both upgraded), Megafile 44, Megafile 60, CaTTamaran accelerator, Riebl network adapter, Eickmann VME videocard, ca 1000 diskettes, magazines (German ST-Computer 1997 to 2003, several ST Format issues, several Atari World issues as well as Italian and Dutch magazines), an Atari backpack, a banner, several still sealed articles by Best (including a catalog), a shop sign, several external drives (hard disks, CD-ROM, Zip, MCD) ………

hugeload.jpg

• Like 1

Happy with this score of Atari eggs from a local gaming store. More-so Frankenstein's Monster, Gyruss, Bermuda & Gas Hog. I smashed Bermuda as a kid. Couldn't pass on Pitfall! socks :dunce:

attachicon.gif20180421_163545.jpg

Kind of takes me back...I bought Frankenstein's Monster new BITD and still have it, box and all. It's one of my Favorite games. And I bought a loose cart of Bermuda Triangle at some point in time (Still back in the 80's I'm thinking)...

• Like 1

I just got home today from work and had a few Atari 8 bit computer cart friends waiting for me.

Atari Salt Vers. 2.07

Atari Super CPS FD100335 ( has Atari Print typed labels for Qix Rev 0, Basic Rev 3, Word Wise Rev 1, and Atariwriter Rev 3).

Atari Plato STD Version ( with a date of 2/9/84 crossed out )

Atari Writer Rev 7 Serial 48

Letter Perfect 40 by LJK ( Thanks again FND for the cart ).

post-35058-0-66589600-1525060845_thumb.jpg

It's not gaming related but I'm excited and wanted to share. I found this at my church's rummage sale for $1. It's the first digital watch that I purchased back in high school. I bought one of these from the McDade's Catalog Showroom in Carol Stream, IL in 1981. Now I just need to buy a battery and see if it works.

post-24519-0-45211200-1525360043_thumb.jpg

Edit: One of the LCD segments wasn't working and the buttons were flaky, but after disassembly and cleaning all the copper pads, the LCD and buttons are fully functional. :)

post-24519-0-26393600-1527176043_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

It's not gaming related but I'm excited and wanted to share. I found this at my church's rummage sale for $1. It's the first digital watch that I purchased back in high school. I bought one of these from the McDade's Catalog Showroom in Carol Stream, IL in 1981. Now I just need to buy a battery and see if it works.

attachicon.gifArmitron.jpg

McDade's.

Wow, that brings back some memories. That building where it used to be is still there, though it's some warehouse/manufacturing plant now.

Edited by bikeguychicago

attachicon.gifArmitron.jpg

Doesn't the alarm play "Aura Lea" ??? If so, that's the same d@mn watch I had when a kid and jumped into the swimming pool with it one summer. Needless to say, it wasn't waterproof. ha...

...was so upset I destroyed that watch.

NICE FIND!

This year I decided to really actively focus my collecting efforts on the original Wii, and having been keeping track of the market prices for Wii games over the past few years there are 16 games in particular that I've been seeing going up and up in price and want to add to my collection before they become exorbitantly expensive in the years to come; when the people who grew up with the Wii start getting into retro collecting in half a decade or so. Today I took care of the first 4 on my list. :)

P04NvvM.jpg

• Like 3

This year I decided to really actively focus my collecting efforts on the original Wii, and having been keeping track of the market prices for Wii games over the past few years there are 16 games in particular that I've been seeing going up and up in price and want to add to my collection before they become exorbitantly expensive in the years to come; when the people who grew up with the Wii start getting into retro collecting in half a decade or so. Today I took care of the first 4 on my list. :)

I approve of the Klonoa pickup. That was one of my very first Wii acquisitions, picked up with the console in Oregon (bought it on a road trip to skip sales tax.) Something of a Klonoa fan, as you might have guessed...

• Like 2

I approve of the Klonoa pickup. That was one of my very first Wii acquisitions, picked up with the console in Oregon (bought it on a road trip to skip sales tax.) Something of a Klonoa fan, as you might have guessed...

I've heard it's an absolutely marvelous game and basically a graphically enhanced remake of the original Klonoa on the PlayStation, so I'm really looking forward to trying it out. I've actually never played any of the Klonoa games before but everyone I've ever talked to who has says they're fantastic, and the visual style alone is pretty wonderful looking.

Of my recent pickups I've already played through Gunblade NY & L.A. Machineguns with the misses and I'm working on Metroid Prime 2: Echoes on the Metroid Prime Trilogy right now, but as soon as that's done I'll be diving into Klonoa. I think I'll save Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for the fall when it gets closer to Halloween. :)

Oh god… that game. I just finished playing through Klonoa with the misses and it was some of the best, most innovative, and wonderfully well balanced platforming that I've ever been privy to in a video game. And it made me cry… twice. That is something that has never happened to me before in the 28 odd years I've been playing video games. It was all happy, fun, cute platforming and then *WHAM!*, a sucker punch straight to the gut. To Klonoa's credit that moment did give enormous gravity and purpose to all the bright and colorful platforming that followed, making every level feel like more than just a simple dexterity challenge to pass the time; it became a quest that you were emotionally required to complete. And that ending…

All I can say is that Klonoa is one of the absolute best platformers I have ever experienced, and a staunch reminder that nothing good can ever come of the phrase "We need to talk."

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

gallery_35324_1027_72263.jpg

Good buy! I hope it works!

Oh god… that game. I just finished playing through Klonoa with the misses and it was some of the best, most innovative, and wonderfully well balanced platforming that I've ever been privy to in a video game. And it made me cry… twice. That is something that has never happened to me before in the 28 odd years I've been playing video games. It was all happy, fun, cute platforming and then *WHAM!*, a sucker punch straight to the gut. To Klonoa's credit that moment did give enormous gravity and purpose to all the bright and colorful platforming that followed, making every level feel like more than just a simple dexterity challenge to pass the time; it became a quest that you were emotionally required to complete. And that ending…

All I can say is that Klonoa is one of the absolute best platformers I have ever experienced, and a staunch reminder that nothing good can ever come of the phrase "We need to talk."

Don't forget to look for the sequel on PS2! There's 2 GBA games as well ;)

1- A new chroma/luma video cable for my 130xe so I can get the best picture possible on my 1702 monitor.

2- An extra SIO cable

3- A capacitor kit for recaping my 1702 an hopefully get rid of the 60hz buzz.

I'm on vacation next week so I'll have time to play a few games and read my 6502 assembler book that I bought.