IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

I need one of these in my life!

The last switcher I bought was at The Source, which is/was old Radio Shack stores rebranded by Circuit City in Canada. It's an svideo/composite/audio 4 ports. I think I saw the same switches at Walmart. But someone with basic soldering skill could probably make his own switch for about $5 of cheap chinese parts from ebay.

Since we are talking about switchers, anyone know a thing about SCART ones? Once my son leaves for school, I may be able have my retro stuff out at once.

Scart switches are expensive as hell, at least on ebay... You'll probably get better luck if you can find a friend willing to ship you one from europe.

This afternoon I stumbled upon a game I had been wanting for quite a while at Half Price Books. :)

AwzfVCh.jpg

I used to own Star Fox Command back when it first came out on the DS and loved it, but I wasn't collecting games at that point and always re-sold my games to buy new ones after I had beaten them. In any case, with this one back I'm feeling pretty happy with the current state of my Star Fox collection.

62J8IZo.jpg

I love them all and try to play through each of them at least once a year, though weirdly I've still never played the original SNES Star Fox; due entirely to the fact that I've never owned a SNES. I'm trying hard to stick to my mantra of "Don't buy any consoles that you didn't have growing up because you'll just lose interest in them and re-sell them after a few months when the novelty of playing a new system wears off", but the allure of Star Fox sure is strong and it does make it tempting to get a SNES and a copy of the original Star Fox.

• Like 3

Oh really cool! A lot of great space shooters on the NES. :3 Parodius is quite fun IIRC! ;3

As far as Zelda II you are better than me. ^^ I still have not finished it. ^o^ So you are totally not a cheatyface!

I am glad you like Carrot Kingdom! Thank you so much for the kind words, that really helps me keep pressing on. :3 My latest school semester is finished so I should have some time again to do some good work.

Aw, thanks Jinroh! I do feel like kind of a cheatyface for referencing a strategy guide to find my way through the last two palaces, but it was worth it to finally finish a game that's held such fond memories for me for decades.

The Power Stick came out great too and I'll definitely be putting it to good use when I start picking up some spaceship shooters as I slowly rebuild my old NES library.

On a side note, I feel bad that I haven't been able to keep up with the progress on Carrot Kingdom. You've been doing such an awesome job on it but I've been without a Harmony cart for much of the year so I haven't had a way to test out the more recent builds. It's definitely at the top of my "To Play" list when I get another Harmony cart at some point though!

• Like 1

Scart switches are expensive as hell, at least on ebay... You'll probably get better luck if you can find a friend willing to ship you one from europe.

If you manage to find one on UK ebay/amazon ETC drop me a PM and I'll sort out shipping for you :)

Always happy to help a fellow retro gamer :D

If you manage to find one on UK ebay/amazon ETC drop me a PM and I'll sort out shipping for you :)

Always happy to help a fellow retro gamer :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SCART-SWITCHER-SELECTOR-SWITCH-BOX-CONNECT-3-WAY-DEVICES-2-1-SOCKET-AUDIO-RECORD/181102966474?hash=item2a2a93f6ca:m:mqR3PDmrznykrL5Cr0pNGyg

3 way switchers are dirt cheap.... would this do?

Picked up a couple of Switch games:

UObn2hfl.jpg

Sonic Mania Plus and Owlboy have been on my list for a while now, and Owlboy was on sale this week at Best Buy, so I snagged both of them.

Sonic Mania Plus is the first Sonic game I've played since the original Genesis titles that gets Sonic right. It's really, really good. It takes bits from all the 16 bit Sonic titles and builds upon them, making for a great game.

And then there's Owlboy.

I LOVE THIS GAME.

It's a Metroidvania-style game with the best pixel art graphics you can imagine. It has a lot of charm, and the play mechanics are interesting. Strangely, I get a Zelda-esque vibe from this one, and that's a good thing. HIGHLY recommended.

• Like 2