IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

post-27108-0-67412600-1535765302_thumb.jpg

The eagle has landed! I won this at auction a couple weeks ago and a good buddy down in Milwaukee graciously offered to go down to Chicago area and pick it up for me. I just got it into my possession now. It's bigger than I thought it was going to be. And it's a beautiful addition to my Commodore collection!

-Allen

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I have that also. I'll have to check when I get home.

Sent from my Z965 using Tapatalk

I've tested only a standard dual shock 2, but it seems to work pretty well. No noticeable lag, but then again I may not be the best judge. Kind of like using a Wii classic controller tethered to a Wiimote.

The only semi-annoying thing is that one end of the transmitter has to be pointed directly at the receiver.

IMG_20180831_195815.jpg

The eagle has landed! I won this at auction a couple weeks ago and a good buddy down in Milwaukee graciously offered to go down to Chicago area and pick it up for me. I just got it into my possession now. It's bigger than I thought it was going to be. And it's a beautiful addition to my Commodore collection!

-Allen

Wow, that is gorgeous! Is that from a pop kiosk? I have a something similar that I recently got from a 2600 kiosk. I like yours a lot better.

Wow, that is gorgeous! Is that from a pop kiosk? I have a something similar that I recently got from a 2600 kiosk. I like yours a lot better.

I'm still trying to see if anyone has more info on it within the Commodore community (Denial forums and C64 Facebook group). I have not seen another.

I initially thought it was just mounted above standard retail shelving, but I am now also wondering if it was part of a bigger kiosk. I just don't know. I haven't figured out how it mounts yet either. My guess is it mounted via the big lag bolts in each side.

I would love to have one of the Atari VCS kiosks. You don't see them come up any more.

-Allen

I'm still trying to see if anyone has more info on it within the Commodore community (Denial forums and C64 Facebook group). I have not seen another.

I initially thought it was just mounted above standard retail shelving, but I am now also wondering if it was part of a bigger kiosk. I just don't know. I haven't figured out how it mounts yet either. My guess is it mounted via the big lag bolts in each side.

I would love to have one of the Atari VCS kiosks. You don't see them come up any more.

-Allen

Please post back if you find out more. I'm quite interested in what that may have been.

Yeah, I'd love to have a 2600 kiosk myself. Money (or space wise) that will never happen so I jumped on this as a cool substitute decoration. Toying with lighting it up from behind.

Still have all my original consoles (and the kids) since bitd. Only personally collect for the 2600, however in the last year or so, have started to pick-up games for the Wii and PS3. The daughter is almost 20 and the boy is 16, therefore when they're older ... their personal "retro" console will be the Wii (the girls) and the PS3 (the boys). So, I'm collecting for them now :roll: :cool:

They give me shit about it now ... but they'll thank me in years to come! :party:

Hence .. stumble on this little lot at work. Walking through the operations room and stumbled on a desk covered in 18 PS3 games someone was trying to offload!?? 10 games later and $30 out of pocket, walked away with a smirk.

post-52250-0-73702800-1535975048.jpg

• Like 2

A few portable pickups! Trauma Center and Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (both for the misses) were snagged from Half Price Books on Saturday during their 20% off sale and I had been wanting to play Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for quite a while so I bought it new from Best Buy while on the way home from Half Price Books. It feels good to buy a game new and help support Nintendo continuing to make 3DS games when I can. :)

4ZoLFHv.jpg

• Like 3

Furry convention? :-)

I should look into what our local furry convention is called... I mean, there has to be one. We have a comic con, a horror con, a steampunk con, an MLP con, a tabletop con, 2 gaming cons, 2 anime cons, geek girl con- and of those that I've attended there's always a few furries in costume, which would suggest there's one of those around somewhere!

*googles* It's Anthro Northwest. :grin:

• Like 2

Furry convention? :-)

You guessed it! :D In spite of being a casual furry fan for the last 22 years or so it was actually the first furry meetup, or convention of any kind for that matter, that I had ever went to. I was pretty nervous going into it but from the moment I walked through the door every single person I met this weekend was totally friendly and welcoming, and the entire convention just had a great atmosphere of excitement and inclusiveness.

I had a ton of fun attending panels, playing games, meeting and striking up conversations with a ridiculous amount of people, and of course cruising the dealer's den for merchandise. Best of all though, for the first time in longer than I can remember I had a weekend where I didn't feel like a weirdo and actually got to feel like I fit in somewhere; and that's something I just couldn't put a price on.

I am a little sad that it's over and feeling pretty wiped out from all the excitement and running around all weekend, but I'll definitely be going back next year and I met some locals who hold monthly meetups to go to in the meantime.

Anyway, I should have a more on-topic pickup to post later in the week when a Sega Genesis game that I've been wanting for a while arrives in the mail. :)

• Like 1

Only new purchase is the new Shadow of the TombRaider game,not the original on Saturn. I sorta just thought it was fun to compare the old with the new in this picture.

But yeah the new one looks damn amazing on XBoxOneX and have noticed there's allot more focus on exploration than constant all out gun fights. Sort of like a return to form for the series.

post-42864-0-98801900-1537047104_thumb.jpg

• Like 1