IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

• 1 month later...

These pickups were from last weekend. Simple Garage Sale I visited late at night as they were closing down. Stuff is still out there to be found. All this stuff was just piled in a box and I still can’t believe it survived the day. 3 complete NES systems, Power supplies, 5 controllers, a ton of decent games, a boxed Mike Tysons Punch Out. a complete SNES MINI with some good games (Love me some Super Punch-Out) and some other odds and ends, 1 lonely Sega Genesis Game, one shitty game gear game, and a N64 Game. Got an extra Model 2 Sega Genesis/Sega Genesis Power supply, PS2 Power Supply, a MK Plug in thingy, a weird light gun I have no idea what it goes to but has a Genesis Controller input, random power supplies and cables. I paid $200 for this stuff and will just sell the extra stuff to cover my game increase.

20160524_012945560_iOS_zpsbrhcnzva.jpg

20160524_012953810_iOS_zpsniufoivn.jpg

20160524_015913087_iOS_zpsxtvmalpo.jpg

20160524_015923187_iOS_zps41jix02e.jpg

20160524_015933387_iOS_zps4n0nb7kx.jpg

20160524_020558170_iOS_zps5txc2q2e.jpg

20160524_021251156_iOS_zps1e8uvbzy.jpg

20160525_024511789_iOS_zpsyy2uerka.jpg

It was a big yard sale weekend in my neck of the woods and i did pretty well..snagged an orange n64 cib and a super gameboy for $10 at an early stop on friday...then snagged a heavy sixer with some extra controllers and about 25 commons for $60..I only bought it for a guy I work with and was going to sell it to him for what I paid for it and keep one of the Xtra controllers I did not have...but another vendor seen me walking with it and offered me $100 bucks and let me keep the controller I wanted...

I picked up an atari 2600 jr cib later that day for 10 bucks with about 10 games...including ram it

Saturday was kind of quiet but Sunday picked up again...I scored a game gear with carrying case and battery pack for $20 and another atari junior (works but a little ruff) with controllers and hookups for $5. I came across a booth with a carrying case full of about 2 dozen 2600 and colecovision games for $10...I thought at that point I had a great weekend and the yard sale gods had treated me well...but right before I started to leave I came across a colecovision (system is great box was rough) and the expansion module 1 (again hardware was great box was rough) for $40....I think I had a week end that was legendary !!

Picked one up that I've had my eye out for. The monitor's not getting power; hopefully it's just a power supply rebuild. Picked up a few random 2600 carts on the way home.

20160605_155834_zps8btmqurj.jpg

20160605_181817_zpslspxprbo.jpg

Edited by racerx
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the Nintendo VB. I still have my copy of Video Games Magazine that boasts about it and it was a very exiting time 1995. The end of 16 bit, right before the advent of 32-64 bit machines and with the Ultra 64 way off in 1996 we had the 32 Bit PORTABLE VB!!!! Hell it might even hook up to the Ultra 64!!! I bought one back in 1996 after it's death for $50 and each game brand new for $5. I let a friend borrow it and never got it back :(. I finally picked one up for $60 (eBay pricing on these things are crazy do not over pay) and everything works. TELEROBOXER is as good as I remember it and I wish the VB really expanded its library and succeeded . I remember thinking how cool a copy of Doom would be, especially with link cables, with proper depth of field and that cool Red Hell inversion. Starfox would have been great and this system never hurt my eyes. It was ambitious and I wanted it badly to succeed. Wario Land is stellar as well, loved every second of that game.

IMG_1123_zpshqqy6abe.jpg

IMG_1125_zpst8pdchjn.jpg

IMG_1181_zpst6alhppj.jpg

The Neo Geo collection Grows. Found these three US AES Games for real low cheap in Manhattan of all places. You never know.

IMG_1122_zps8w25wijo.jpg

IMG_1121_zpsnovll2vm.jpg
World Heroes is very good but very dated fighter. Nothing special but its still diverse enough to have fun. Cheap game too I think I paid $20 and I'll pay that all day for US AES.

IMG_1119_zpswbmf6rcn.jpg
This game is a motherfucker. Grafx are amazing, music is great, and the strategy needed to beat this game is borderline memorization vs improvisation. I like having an indestructible orb that you can fire in all directions and you better master that technique or you are dead.

IMG_1118_zpsv4bcpokc.jpg
This game is a launch title as well and shows its age with its grafx and hard panned sound FX that SNK abandoned thank god. It's basically the poor mans Metal slug. It has multiple weapons that you can choose to on the fly (wish Metal Slug allowed this) and some pretty easy AI to attack as well as blatant ripoffs from CONTRA (It tires so hard to be Contra) it's still a good game just don't pay too much.

• Like 1

It arrived today, it's not exactly a cartridge, but I'll be using it to work on cartridges for my TI-99/4A classic computer...

gallery_35324_1027_86933.jpg

Wow...The EX-2 IC Chip Extractor! I used to work at Ok-Industries as a Planner/Buyer in the late 80's to early 90's and remember this SKU. :)

• Like 1

Wow...The EX-2 IC Chip Extractor! I used to work at Ok-Industries as a Planner/Buyer in the late 80's to early 90's and remember this SKU. :)

It's a nice tool, I get a perfect extraction every time. You just can't ruin pins on IC's with this thing, so it'll save money in the long term.

Did you get a discount on goodies while you were working there? I imagine a guy could blow a paycheck or two working at a place like that.