IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

On 11/24/2019 at 2:41 PM, GoldLeader said:

I loved collecting Famicom games,  but...Well, the real question here is;  How many are tile games (Blechhh!)?  Unplayable pachinko games (Errrff!)?  And finally,  Are half of those games Baseball (Like in Every Famicom Lot I ever bought)?  I F**king hate Baseball!  :lol: 

Not too many tile games,  but a good many rpg's, which don't do me any good since I can't read Japanese. There are some gems in there and several games that I have no clue what they are,  but seem like fun, playable games, which is what I was hoping to find. 

• Like 1

This will likely be my last gaming pickups post of the year, with the holiday season coming up and all my spare monies going towards gifts for loved ones from here on out. First, a couple Genesis games and two Switch games I got for 50% off from Target on Black Friday:

VGatZ45.jpg

My last recent gaming pickup is actually a gift for the spousal unit, but I couldn't resist showing it off here since it's just so cool looking. It's a brand new in box (well, at least it was until I opened it lol) SNES Super Advantage arcade stick! It's so pretty! :D

DQE8IJN.jpg

Edited by Jin
  • Like 4

On 11/28/2019 at 6:13 PM, 4300 said:

Not too many tile games,  but a good many rpg's, which don't do me any good since I can't read Japanese. There are some gems in there and several games that I have no clue what they are,  but seem like fun, playable games, which is what I was hoping to find. 

I think you'll like this:

A list of games and their IDs...

Not exactly intuitive, and I think the Search function only works by title, but it may help...For example, that game you have by Konami with RC-821 on the cover?  See the ID?  Look up Salamander (AKA Life Force on NES).  The game ID is KON-RC821 (Konami RC821)...I've figured out some game titles using this...

https://famicomworld.com/game-list

JfhQhZul.jpg

Gamestop had this gem for $25 all weekend, so I had to snag a copy. I always liked the Mana games, but the only one I own is the spinoff Secret of Evermore on the SNES. I've played Secret of Mana a little and dabbled in Sieken Densetsu 3 in the past, but I never played the first one. I'm starting there and planning on playing through all of them in order.

• Like 2

20191206_190711.thumb.jpg.163ae9b51bfbbfc62a2fffbb384a9d98.jpg

Got my first horizontal shoot em up on Genesis, Arrow Flash. I tried default game at first. It had no autofire. I got to the end of Stage 2. Changed options: set it on easy, 7 lives, 
and autofire on and I got to stage 5. I still had to use a bunch of continues to even get there. I'm not very good at horizontal shmups, but currently it's my second favorite horizontal shmup,

first being PC Denjin: Punkic Cyborgs (Air Zonk).

Everything else here was 5 for $5 at my local game store. The PS1 games might be trash but IDK.

The other games are:

Forza 2 Xbox 360 (loose)

BoomBots PS1 (loose)

Link's Crossbow Training Wii (loose)

Gubble PS1 (complete)

Plus the soundtrack to Super Mario Galaxy. 

• Like 3

On 12/1/2019 at 10:36 AM, mmbe said:

Took advantage of a Gamestop Black Friday deal (Buy One Get One Free) and picked up these:

DSC00030.JPG.4bad6afbccf1b3e834212b21a21e8925.JPG

DSC00031.JPG.db2b3367ca2c9f44ff8cab80b1835d3d.JPG

I never knew there was a 4th Resistance game... I've got the PS3 trilogy. Also Sin & Punishment: Star Successor is amazing! I think the Wii gun attachment would make it much easier to play though. I don't have one yet (I really need to grab one as my Wii did not come with one). 

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 8:23 PM, Jin said:

My last recent gaming pickup is actually a gift for the spousal unit, but I couldn't resist showing it off here since it's just so cool looking. It's a brand new in box (well, at least it was until I opened it lol) SNES Super Advantage arcade stick! It's so pretty! 

That's gorgeous and untouched by sticky, post-toddler hands for all these years! :)

• Like 1

plok.thumb.jpg.41bd1dbd84a336661bdead3db2a7be74.jpg

I bought this yesterday... I swear it was only released in Europe so I was wrong. It's pretty hard though. I got a game over on level 3... I mostly bought it because of the Tim Follin soundtrack.

I have no idea how he made the SNES sound this good. It sounds like CD audio!

• Like 1

Fade to Silence for XBoxOneX

Reminds me allot of the old DreamCast game D2 made by the late Kenji Eno(RIP) of Warp,a game I had lots of good times with. Anyways the game is on a massive sale right now. Went from $50.00 to $20.00

I'm all over that??

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol

I didn't think I was going to have any more game pickups to share for the rest of the year, but I ended up getting two awesome Sega Genesis games for Christmas from the misses (both of them being late releases from 1995, oddly enough) and I scored a copy of Starlink: Battle for Atlas for the Switch from Best Buy for $7.99 this afternoon! :D

wwBS3mR.jpg

Edited by Jin
  • Like 4