IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

On 6/21/2020 at 6:47 PM, Shawn said:

It's not rare at all. Maybe a R3 or so with not much monetary value as a loose cart with a damaged label. The Ready Player 1 price boost all copies of Adventure, no matter the flavor be it Atari, Sears, Text or Picture, is gone and was a total load of crap in the first place.

Can you tell me how you know it’s not rare?   I’ve been scouring ebay and other sites and have never seen it in a lot.  

do you see it often?   Can you tell me where?  Thanks for the info. 
Evan

Surprise Dreamcast!

3~4 months ago, one of my friends had mentioned that he might have an extra Dreamcast, if I was interested, and I said I was. Today he called me and was like "Hey, I'm at the station close to your house. You want this Dreamcast? I can be there in 10 minutes" and my answer was obviously "Hell yes!", and here it is.

Pic_0627_348.thumb.jpg.0fafa63f6746e7f51c6682e59dce284e.jpg

This Dreamcast was originally purchased on the 17th day of the 12th month in the 10th year of Heisei at a location in Kyoto that I can't read since the stamp has mostly worn off. It's in very good condition overall, but I need to open the controller and clean it because the analog stick doesn't like moving to the left for whatever reason. The only things I do not have are a VMU and games. I have the day off tomorrow, so I might as well go find a VMU.

I wasn't planning on getting a Dreamcast until HD Retrovision finishes their Dreamcast cable, so although I could use composite on my CRT, I'm not planning on getting many games until I get the HD Retrovision cable, and I'll probably have a MODE for this Dreamcast before then, anyway.

• Like 6

I considered getting a Dreamcast yesterday (another collection I wish I hadn't sold off many years ago). I had a second one which I gave to my son.  If I decide to go back, I probably won't get many games either until MODE and said cable is out as well.

(MODE is out, but I am waiting for SAG to carry them).

I saw from their (HD retrovision) Dreamcast update, they are planning some HDMI solutions. There is RAD2x which sounds decent, but another option would be great. I'd like to see those cheap solutions go where they belong...

Mail call from the last week.  A couple of new items I’m excited about. 

A first run tele games pong CIB with the misprint manual.  Been wanting one of the earliest editions for a while!  

Also, a 1983 CES promo pin promoting the Unreleased Star Trek II game for the 2600. 

83CA7098-F59B-4AF6-BC38-C91C046BA4D1.jpeg

4E46F010-9294-4E19-8CF4-9A03D4F74904.jpeg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Rogerpoco said:

I actually teared up a bit

Good Lord! Pull yourself together! Crying over a video game letter that was intended for someone else? That's quite bizarre.?

EDIT: You might wanna consider covering up the guy's name and address. Nothing like doxing a dude 30 years after the fact.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Good Lord! Pull yourself together! Crying over a video game letter that was intended for someone else? That's quite bizarre.?

EDIT: You might wanna consider covering up the guy's name and address. Nothing like doxing a dude 30 years after the fact.

Lol.

Yeah, pics of the items were posted on ebay, I dunno what doxing is, nor do I gaf, tbh.

Got something for you, send me yur address!!!

Unnecessary pretentious BS, Man, I'm willing to stick this out with ya, let's go!!!

yousuck2.jpg

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rogerpoco said:

Lol.

Yeah, pics of the items were posted on ebay, I dunno what doxing is, nor do I gaf, tbh.

Got something for you, send me yur address!!!

Unnecessary pretentious BS, Man, I'm willing to stick this out with ya, let's go!!!

If the original owner posted the pics of his address I guess that's his fault. Not great to repost the person's address but the damage is already done aside from more eyes seeing it from your post here on AtariAge. "Doxing" is posting someone else's address, phone, etc. to the internet without their consent. It's considered highly taboo pretty much everywhere. As for sending me anything, no thank you. In regards to the insults sent my way? Whatever. Let's go? Again, no thanks. Don't want you to end up crying again.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Shawn said:

If the original owner posted the pics of his address I guess that's his fault. Not great to repost the person's address but the damage is already done aside from more eyes seeing it from your post here on AtariAge. "Doxing" is posting someone else's address, phone, etc. to the internet without their consent. It's considered highly taboo pretty much everywhere. As for sending me anything, no thank you. In regards to the insults sent my way? Whatever. Let's go? Again, no thanks. Don't want you to end up crying again.

I did pitch a pretty intentional baby-fit, felt like you were a bit harsh(tho by all rights, correct, I suppose), but the "insult" was actually intended to make you chuckle/roll your eyes and groan, believe it or not, "break the tension".

Eh, we'll surely bump into each other again around here, and I'll make sure to keep my best foot forward next time.

:D

All good here, Man, have a good day!

• Like 1

910112528_gamepickups.thumb.jpg.4bfbd1b1876b6636c62cb5545d3ad8d3.jpg

Was surprised when Space Cavern had the manual with it... I like that you can shoot sideways as well as shooting up... adds some more depth to the standard 2600 shooter formula. And that death animation is brutal. lol

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 3

Not really a piece of my collection, but one of my favorite purchases in a while: a hydraulic lift.

My PVM has been collecting dust on a shelf because it's such a pain to move it and set it up. I have this 2' x 2' space in my office where I thought about putting a stand for it. But the white wall behind it is also a 120" projection "screen," so the monitor has to be able to move up and down. Turns out there are no shelves or carts that fit this space and were sturdy enough for a PVM--except this lift made for working on motorcycles.

It's perfect. It has a 300 lb. limit, so this PVM is nothing for the hydraulic lift. The lift is heavy duty -- 75 lbs. by itself. I rationalized the purchase by figuring that it would have other household uses, but this is pretty much all it's going to do.

IMG_0634.JPEG

• Like 4