IGNORED

Adventure Module adventure editor/creator

acadiel

I can't get the adventure editor disk itself to run in PC99. The documentation disks load perfectly, but when I try to mount the adventure disk it locks up the emulator. If I try to view it in the PC99 disk utility, it gives an error about disk length wrong.

I was under the impression that the Tidir utility could copy between different disk formats on different emulators, so I tried to copy the files from the disk to a PC99 blank disk in case somehow it was a different format .DSK file, but this doesn't work. TIDIR won't open a PC99 .DSK file without saying "can't read sector 1", and if I create a blank .DSK in TIDIR then PC99 can't open it.

Anyone have any idea how to get the adventure editor onto a disk I can use in PC99, since I wrote 23 adventures in TI BASIC/Extended Basic in the 80s and would quite like to convert the early ones that don't push the abilities of the module!

• Like 1

I can't get the adventure editor disk itself to run in PC99. The documentation disks load perfectly, but when I try to mount the adventure disk it locks up the emulator. If I try to view it in the PC99 disk utility, it gives an error about disk length wrong.

I was under the impression that the Tidir utility could copy between different disk formats on different emulators, so I tried to copy the files from the disk to a PC99 blank disk in case somehow it was a different format .DSK file, but this doesn't work. TIDIR won't open a PC99 .DSK file without saying "can't read sector 1", and if I create a blank .DSK in TIDIR then PC99 can't open it.

Anyone have any idea how to get the adventure editor onto a disk I can use in PC99, since I wrote 23 adventures in TI BASIC/Extended Basic in the 80s and would quite like to convert the early ones that don't push the abilities of the module!
My tidir opens pc99 dsks fine.. you have to click into it and then copy files out.. I'm on the road so can't confirm but it always seemed to work for me..

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

On 11/10/2019 at 8:35 PM, arcadeshopper said:

My tidir opens pc99 dsks fine.. you have to click into it and then copy files out.. I'm on the road so can't confirm but it always seemed to work for me..

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Maybe it's just that particular disk. The three documentation disks open fine in PC99, it's just the main program disk that locks it up.

To be clear, I can open the adventure disk in TIDir, but can't copy the files from it to a PC99 disk. I assume that the disk is either corrupt in some weird way that makes it openable in TIDir but not PC99, or it's not a PC99 disk format.

To test TIDir, I literally took the double sided double density blank disk that comes with PC99 in the dsk folder and tried to open it in TIDir, resulting in a "cannot read sector" error. Same with single sided, single density.

I'm talking about PC99w, by the way - the windows version, not the old DOS one.

Edited by ZeroZap

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:29 AM, ZeroZap said:

Try this PC99 Adv-Editor dsk. :woozy:

ADV-EDITOR-PC99.DSK

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 2/6/2023 at 9:18 PM, InfernalKeith said:

Not to resurrect a dead thread lightly, but are any of you the party who just paid over $130 for the original Adventure Editor and docs on Ebay?  I thought I was gonna splurge a little on that one but wow!

Damn..  $130???  Hell, I have 3 orignials of this!  I have one that you can tell has been used and the other 2 i just keep in a filing cabinet, never been thumbed through..

Edited by Shift838