IGNORED

Original Intellivision flashback controller adapters

Intellinate

Hello all,

If anyone is looking for a flashback controller adapter for the Intellivision model 2609 or similar version, I have some for sale. They are a little more expensive to make than the other adapter so I'll be charging $15 for one and $25 for two. Those prices are including shipping in the US. These adapters do require you to open you machine for installation but it's only 6 screws and then it's plug and play after that.

Here are some pictures.

post-41298-0-01332900-1421217282_thumb.jpg

post-41298-0-11740200-1421217299_thumb.jpg

post-41298-0-39614000-1421217313_thumb.jpg

post-41298-0-48847900-1421217327_thumb.jpg

post-41298-0-85694400-1421217345_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Is the pinouts for the 2609 model the same as the INTV 2/Sears Arcade ?

I tried putting controller ports on a 2609 with broken controllers to salvage it. When I plugged in the INTV 2 controller to test, it didn't work though.

I'm not sure about the Intellivision 2 but the pin out on he Sears arcade machine and the original are the same. As a matter of fact, the logic boards are exactly the same just the Sears machine has a modified ROM that prevents "Mattel electronics presents" from being displayed on the title screen. The Sears machine also uses adapters from the logic board to the case for the controller plugins. I actually use a Sears machine to test my cables. I plug them directly in to the logic board.

Hope that helps

Everything you wanted to know in terms of the INTV 1 vs 2 controllers:

http://arcarc.xmission.com/Web%20Archives/Deathskull%20%28May-2006%29/games/tech/intvcont.html

The question of "Is the pinouts for the 2609 model the same as the INTV 2/Sears Arcade ?" doesn't really make sense. The 2609 didn't have the same connector so there's no way the pinouts could be the same :) However it uses the exact same *lines* - you just have to re-wire them. I've put original controllers on my INTV 2 because I loath the INTV 2 controllers so much (plus if memory serves, they were broken anyway).

So what are the deets on ordering those, nurmix and Intellinate?

These are available now. If you want to order some you can either pm me here or email intellinate@gmail.com. The prices are $15 for one or $25 for a pair. That includes shipping to the US and Canada. I currently only have 8 avaiable but should have another shipment of parts in 10-14 days.

Has it been confirmed that ATGames is going to sell extra controllers? It seemed like that was the plan, but I wonder if they are still going to do it since without adapters they are not directly compatible to the original controller swappable systems.

I'm kind of hoping they do since I have machines that could use them but I haven't heard anything official yet. I'm guessing the controllers will cost $12-15 each.

I'm kind of hoping they do since I have machines that could use them but I haven't heard anything official yet. I'm guessing the controllers will cost $12-15 each.

Apparently the FB units are being cleared out for $20 at Sam's Club, which puts the controllers at $10 each (this assumes you throw out the unit!).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...