IGNORED

Donkey Kong - Arcade Edition

phattyboombatty

6 hours ago, phattyboombatty said:

It’s been on hold for a while. Attempting to conscript a few experts to help on this project. Also, I don’t want to conflict with other publisher’s endeavors. Thanks for bumping! :)

I believe Opcode is looking at after September for his release if that helps. With his release, it is all about chip shortages unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

While this arcade edition looks cool,i really hope that donkeykong jr with the 5th screen from the adam version will be also ported over to the colecovision and that you don’t have to use weird button combinations to get access to the 5th stage,i begged all on youtube to get a link for the adam version of the rom but nobody responded yet.

On 4/6/2022 at 11:08 AM, johannesmutlu said:

While this arcade edition looks cool,i really hope that donkeykong jr with the 5th screen from the adam version will be also ported over to the colecovision and that you don’t have to use weird button combinations to get access to the 5th stage,i begged all on youtube to get a link for the adam version of the rom but nobody responded yet.

You can find the ADAM version of DONKEY KONG JR. with the 5th screen here:

http://adamarchive.org/archive/Adam/EOS/Games/

Nanochess' COOLCV  Colecovision emulator can handle most of ADAM games in tape and disk, and it can save back to the same files.

So you can give it a try even if you do not own an ADAM computer and you want to try out the games in emulation at no cost.

• Like 1

This is just my take on the Coleco universe.

You go to any system out there and they all have their quirks that make them unique.

Like the Colecovision Donkey Kong when you are under a ladder and press up twice you go up the ladder faster,  If I remembered that right.  Or blowing into an NES cart and use a popsicle stick in the cartridge slot to get it to work

As much as I would love an arcade accurate Donkey Kong for the Colecovision I am enjoying the version officially released 38 years ago when I was a kid.

I can play the Arcade version in mame or buy a real machine if I had find 50 million dollars to waste.

So if there were going to be a new version then why not come up with new levels or something different and avoid the been there and done that.

CptCozmos

Edited by CaptainCozmos20863

On 4/10/2022 at 1:48 AM, timdu said:

Nanochess' COOLCV  Colecovision emulator can handle most of ADAM games in tape and disk, and it can save back to the same files.

So you can give it a try even if you do not own an ADAM computer and you want to try out the games in emulation at no cost.

Thanks alit,and are you sure that i don’t have to use a cheatcode or weird button combination to get to the 5th stage???

On 4/10/2022 at 1:48 AM, timdu said:

Heey i have clicked on the link i saw 5 demo versions of donkeykong jr with the 5th screen both in ddp and dsk format,but wich one should you suggest???

also i readed that in order to reach the 5th stage you need to press keypad in sequence to unlock it(so how and in wich sequence?

and while i also have readed that Walter software have circumvented that that easter egg and that thus in his version the 5th screen will load automatically in,so wich specefic version do i need to download,and or wich keypad sequence i have to execute to unlock the 5th stage?

thanks again.

Choose the one that is listed as:

Donkey Kong Junior Super Game (1984) (Coleco) (5 Screen Rev. 13 (LB+RB) Prototype).dsk

I loaded this on to my ADAM computer.

When the game begins, and you are at the number of players screen, press and hold both the left fire button and the right fire button down at the same time

You will then see a message on the screen that says "REVISION 13"

and at the bottom of the screen it says " CAUTION

MASTER SEQUENCE IS ACTIVATED "

Now you must play the game and get to the fifth screen...

I am not very good at playing the game, so I have not made it to the 5th screen as of yet.

On 4/11/2022 at 4:59 PM, johannesmutlu said:

Heey i have clicked on the link i saw 5 demo versions of donkeykong jr with the 5th screen both in ddp and dsk format,but wich one should you suggest???

Follow the link and download the DK JR Super Game 5-Screen Revision 14 Prototype disk or data pack image file. The 5th screen plays as Coleco had planned without the need to use a controller sequence to unlock.

On 4/11/2022 at 4:59 PM, johannesmutlu said:

Better yet, here is a thread that I started years ago….

• Like 1

13 hours ago, timdu said:

Choose the one that is listed as:

Donkey Kong Junior Super Game (1984) (Coleco) (5 Screen Rev. 13 (LB+RB) Prototype).dsk

I loaded this on to my ADAM computer.

When the game begins, and you are at the number of players screen, press and hold both the left fire button and the right fire button down at the same time

You will then see a message on the screen that says "REVISION 13"

and at the bottom of the screen it says " CAUTION

MASTER SEQUENCE IS ACTIVATED "

Now you must play the game and get to the fifth screen...

I am not very good at playing the game, so I have not made it to the 5th screen as of yet.

Hi, downloaded the emulator coolcv i but those wanted ddp and dsk coleco rom in the rom folder from macosx and in the rom folder of the main list,but when i open up the emulator, it say’s turn off game before inserting cartride or expansion module,so i don’t see any rom list and there is no other option i can choose,

i wonder what i did wrong and what am supposed to do,thanks alot.

9 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

Hi, downloaded the emulator coolcv i but those wanted ddp and dsk coleco rom in the rom folder from macosx and in the rom folder of the main list,but when i open up the emulator, it say’s turn off game before inserting cartride or expansion module,so i don’t see any rom list and there is no other option i can choose,

i wonder what i did wrong and what am supposed to do,thanks alot.

I'm not sure, but I downloaded the .ddp file and dragged it into CoolCV and it worked just fine, so you might want to post the question in the CoolCV thread to see if Oscar might have an answer for you. 

• Like 1

I think what is happening here is johannesmutlu is looking for COOLCV to have a "front end" so he can pick from a list of game ROMs that he has.

To my knowledge, a "front end" menu for COOLCV does not exist.

You have to load the game ROM files  in the way that TPR describes... select the ROM file ( DDP file or ROM file ) and hold it down and drag it over the COOLCV program. 

As TPR shows in his MOV file in the previous message, when you do so it will load the respective game into the COOLCV emulator.

(Note: if I just double click on COOLCV.EXE it will load a screen that says "turn off game before inserting cartridge or expansion module" because no ROM file has been identified.  The program does not know what you want it to do. )

I hope this helps.

-Tim

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TPR said:

I'm not sure, but I downloaded the .ddp file and dragged it into CoolCV and it worked just fine, so you might want to post the question in the CoolCV thread to see if Oscar might have an answer for you. 

But did you dragged the game into a specefic map from that emulator? ,i dragged it into the rom map,but still no luck, also i find no options in the emulator itself,mmm

thanks alot anyway.

5 minutes ago, johannesmutlu said:

But did you dragged the game into a specefic map from that emulator? ,i dragged it into the rom map,but still no luck, also i find no options in the emulator itself,mmm

thanks alot anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean by "specific map."  I just dragged the file onto the icon for the program. That's how a lot of Mac programs work. For example if I need to open an image file, I just drag the .jpg into the Photoshop icon. I drag a .xls file onto Excel, etc.  So by dragging the .ddp file onto the CoolCV icon, it just automatically loads up that game.

I'm not sure how to explain it any further, sorry. 

1 minute ago, TPR said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "specific map."  I just dragged the file onto the icon for the program. That's how a lot of Mac programs work. For example if I need to open an image file, I just drag the .jpg into the Photoshop icon. I drag a .xls file onto Excel, etc.  So by dragging the .ddp file onto the CoolCV icon, it just automatically loads up that game.

I'm not sure how to explain it any further, sorry. 

Well eh i am using the windows version of coolcv,mmm

9 minutes ago, johannesmutlu said:

thanks alot anyway.

I literally just drag the file from where I downloaded it, and drag it on top of the CoolCV icon that is in my dock.  

2070540825_ScreenShot2022-04-13at10_25_32PM.thumb.jpg.80134e8d6ce41dee68757b2b9e1ef26c.jpg

And then CoolCV opens right up and plays the game...

1663358066_ScreenShot2022-04-13at10_28_29PM.thumb.png.5b5ddb8ebb24b77aa43ab92019d2c891.png

8 minutes ago, johannesmutlu said:

Well eh i am using the windows version of coolcv,mmm

Does it not work the same way?  While I use CoolCV on my Mac I use Stella on my Windows computer and I just drag the rom file onto the Stella icon and it opens the game instantly....

277591286_682389193085106_6155152040282918924_n.thumb.jpg.5e25976e73d43af89d28738a9cca4acd.jpg

278245190_502627271309779_2145437098712367594_n.thumb.jpg.c11deb4b51f31558f72852609b3efbc4.jpg

@nanochess - Can you launch a game this way on CoolCV for Windows?

3 minutes ago, TPR said:

I literally just drag the file from where I downloaded it, and drag it on top of the CoolCV icon that is in my dock.  

2070540825_ScreenShot2022-04-13at10_25_32PM.thumb.jpg.80134e8d6ce41dee68757b2b9e1ef26c.jpg

And then CoolCV opens right up and plays the game...

1663358066_ScreenShot2022-04-13at10_28_29PM.thumb.png.5b5ddb8ebb24b77aa43ab92019d2c891.png

Well thanks but eh windows is different from mac i suppose and i guess so is the coolcv emulator,if someone on youtube just explained how to use coolcv on windows,i would appreciate that,but for now,am keep spinning my head wondering if am missing some thing,mmm

3 minutes ago, TPR said:

Does it not work the same way?  While I use CoolCV on my Mac I use Stella on my Windows computer and I just drag the rom file onto the Stella icon and it opens the game instantly....

277591286_682389193085106_6155152040282918924_n.thumb.jpg.5e25976e73d43af89d28738a9cca4acd.jpg

278245190_502627271309779_2145437098712367594_n.thumb.jpg.c11deb4b51f31558f72852609b3efbc4.jpg

@nanochess - Can you launch a game this way on CoolCV for Windows?

Is stella compatible with adam  games?

5 minutes ago, johannesmutlu said:

Is stella compatible with adam  games?

Stella is an Atari 2600 emulator.  Has nothing to do with ColecoVision, I was just using it as an example of how to drag a file onto a program icon to be able to launch game. 

So I just downloaded CoolCV for Windows and also downloaded that .ddp file again, and I was able to drag the file onto the icon in Windows just like I could on the Mac and it worked just fine....

277842588_377160164316247_172805565264091067_n.thumb.jpg.08edbc02cadac0eb6b6389b0bc0b265c.jpg

There is the file in my folder and you can see I made a shortcut to CoolCV on my Windows desktop. I dragged the file from the folder on top of the shortcut...

277854378_1125945581312401_3650173174492651490_n.thumb.jpg.26dbb12573fa89438b741b817da97353.jpg

And it loaded up just fine...

All of that took me (checks watch) 4 minutes to download everything, unzip the files, install CoolCV, drag the file over and it worked.  I'm not sure what you're doing wrong at this point, but I can confirm that it does work, and unfortunately I don't know how to help you any further.  Sorry. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TPR said:

Stella is an Atari 2600 emulator.  Has nothing to do with ColecoVision, I was just using it as an example of how to drag a file onto a program icon to be able to launch game. 

Well i do have a colecovision emulator on my other windows laptop but that was only for colecovision games.l,but it’s a long time ago i used it.

3 minutes ago, TPR said:

So I just downloaded CoolCV for Windows and also downloaded that .ddp file again, and I was able to drag the file onto the icon in Windows just like I could on the Mac and it worked just fine....

277842588_377160164316247_172805565264091067_n.thumb.jpg.08edbc02cadac0eb6b6389b0bc0b265c.jpg

There is the file in my folder and you can see I made a shortcut to CoolCV on my Windows desktop. I dragged the file from the folder on top of the shortcut...

277854378_1125945581312401_3650173174492651490_n.thumb.jpg.26dbb12573fa89438b741b817da97353.jpg

And it loaded up just fine...

All of that took me (checks watch) 4 minutes to download everything, unzip the files, install CoolCV, drag the file over and it worked.  I'm not sure what you're doing wrong at this point, but I can confirm that it does work, and unfortunately I don't know how to help you any further.  Sorry. 

Well i will look tommorow into it,can you show me the windows version of coolcv?

1 minute ago, johannesmutlu said:

Well i will look tommorow into it,can you show me the windows version of coolcv?

I'm not sure what you mean.  That's the Windows version of CoolCV in those photos of that you quoted. 

If you mean where to download the Windows version, you can find it here: 

But I thought you had already downloaded it and installed it?

1 hour ago, TPR said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  That's the Windows version of CoolCV in those photos of that you quoted. 

If you mean where to download the Windows version, you can find it here: 

But I thought you had already downloaded it and installed it?

Well yes i did downloaded those roms including coolcv for windows, i installed it,but when i click on the emulator,i got the error massage,also clicking on the rom files doesn’t help(and whether i let the roms by default map or put them in the rom map from cool emulator it just doesn’t detect those games,but i if have to paste/drag those files to the icon of coolcv,mmm that sounds weird,but anyway i will look tomorrow into this,thanks anyway,

Edited by johannesmutlu