IGNORED

Metro 2015

CyranoJ

so much noSTalgia, think i'll make a thread to track all this stuff in a bit, the titles ate fun but don't instantly help in finding the games :)

Said this in private chat earlier and repeating it here - it's possible Jaguar could see 50 releases this year. There's probably a couple of dozen ST games ripe for patching and if the BASICs lead to even 4 or 5 people converting and creating little releases from time to time on top of all the regular releases like games and demos, that number might not seem so ridiculous.

• Like 5

Personal favorite of mine....

attachicon.gifmetro1.pngattachicon.gifmetro2.png

attachicon.gifMetro.ABS

CyranoJ, I have to ask. Do you think it's possible to back port your patches into the ST games so that the JagPad can be used on the STE/Falcon when playing these games? Or would that require a wrapper for the patches to be added when playing on an ST? Thought I'd ask since other users are patching these old games to work with different CPUs, RAM, hard drives, and various TOS versions on the ST side.

CyranoJ, I have to ask. Do you think it's possible to back port your patches into the ST games so that the JagPad can be used on the STE/Falcon when playing these games? Or would that require a wrapper for the patches to be added when playing on an ST? Thought I'd ask since other users are patching these old games to work with different CPUs, RAM, hard drives, and various TOS versions on the ST side.

Yes, it is. No, I'm not going to do it. Possibly for the simple reason that the jagpad is arse compared to, say, a zipstick.

Other users, you say.

Edited by CyranoJ

So if you are working with binaries are you making a lot of changes with a hex editor?

Nope, my loaders patch the files in RAM after they are loaded. If I get time I'll write up a more detailed 'how this is done' - but as I've said, each one is different and presents it's own challenges.

• Like 2

I noticed you mentioned that game saves would be added once VirtualJag supported the game save cart and CD. (And CD would be awesome) So you are doing a lot of editing using the ram load in Virtual Jag?

Actually worked up enough "Round to it" to want to take a crack at this. :D

I noticed you mentioned that game saves would be added once VirtualJag supported the game save cart and CD. (And CD would be awesome) So you are doing a lot of editing using the ram load in Virtual Jag?

Actually worked up enough "Round to it" to want to take a crack at this. :D

Oh good god, no. I'm using a proper debugger, Steem Boiler Room (Sorry, Shamus, but it's true!) - The Jaguar just runs the code, the hard graft is done on the ST!

Saves will be added when I get around to them. But CD and MT support in VJ would be nice.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

OK, back to an older one!

• Fixed the palette splits (Scrolling/bonus markers/scorepanel now work)
  • Fixed the end of game lockup
  • Removed the name entry (No keyboard!)
  • Added music

There is still a minor palette glitch on the high score screen, but I'm ignoring that and calling this done.

MetroCross.ABS

• Like 6

My son is totally fan as well of jumping over Cola cans.

On the latest version there are some cliping every time the guy is jumping but thatwas not the case on the previous versions.

Please find below the deco for the CD and its DVD box:

Vo53.jpg

gy0n.jpg

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Personal favorite of mine....

Hi Cyrano,

Yesterday we tried the 2 players mode and if it is wroking fine, we noticed , player 2 has to use the joypad of player 1: is it possible to fix that so each player would use his own joypad?