IGNORED

Atari 1200XL, 1050, 1030, Touch Tablet.. need help and advice

ScottyDont00

Thanks for the reply alan. I am looking to find these items a home with some one who is passionate about Atari. It's not really my thing. I'm Zelda fan. I really need someone who can give me honest feedback about what I should expect to get for it. Thanks again.

Post pictures and you'll get some answers. But if i am to be straight with you, I'd say, "Stop being lazy". Go to eBay and look at the selling prices for these items; both now and historically. Then you'll know what to expect.

That said, DON'T SELL!! You have in your hands some of the finest computing gear ever devised. The games are rich and engaging. The community is smart and enthusiastic. We'd love to have you. =)

• Like 3

What was posted above... look at selling prices on ebay.

If its nasty as heck and you can't demonstrate it works, then you're not going to get as much money as something that's working.

For instance, a correctly working 1200XL with memory upgrade, OS upgrade, video fix, and SIO power fixes in place RETAILS for $250 (atarimax.com), so expect something less on ebay.

Without the extra bells and whistles, but working fine and not in beat up condition, maybe $80 tops.

If you can't demonstrate it works, maybe $20 for parts.

As was said, "Condition matters". Post some pics.

If the 1200XL works, then turn it on, plug the touch tablet into the first joystick port, startup BASIC.

Type this program in and then enter RUN to test the touch tablet.

10 Rem TEST TOUCH TABLET AND BUTTONS
20 GRAPHICS 0:POKE 710,0:POKE 82,0
30 ? PADDLE(0),PADDLE(1),PTRIG(0),PTRIG(1),STICK(0)
40 GOTO 30

It displays x value, y value, left button, right button, stylus button.

If all this stuff DOES work and you have any interest at all, then KEEP IT. (Only thing I'd dump is the modem). The rest is an adequately complete system and usable if you have the right monitor for display.

I am looking to possible FaceTime or Skype with someone who is knowledgable and would willing to offer advice on the items in the tag topics. Thanks!

I would be glad to help you. I use MSN Messenger. My address is cornholio_0202@msn.com

If your Messenger has been trashed by a M$ update, go to this link to fix it. https://messengergeek.wordpress.com/

Download Messenger Reviver 2.4.0 (or the latest), and it will fix Messenger.

IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE MESSENGER, IT WILL INSTALL IT FOR YOU!

I don't like the big bloated Skype.

Edited by Kyle22

Post pictures and you'll get some answers. But if i am to be straight with you, I'd say, "Stop being lazy". Go to eBay and look at the selling prices for these items; both now and historically. Then you'll know what to expect.

That said, DON'T SELL!! You have in your hands some of the finest computing gear ever devised. The games are rich and engaging. The community is smart and enthusiastic. We'd love to have you. =)

I have been checking Ebay and amazon. Prices are very sporadic. I'll try to post pics later tonight for everyone. I respect the Atari home computer stuff and the this whole community tremendously but it's just not my passion and holding onto it to slows my plans to get my collections where I want them. Thanks! After pics are posted I will gladly discuss any offers. I'm not greedy and would love to see it go to someone who lives and breathes the stuff.

Hey guys attached is a few photos.

Heres the rundown

1200XL: works have original power cord - no keys stick- have not done any real testing

1050- used nintendo adapter to confirm power on( no adapter)

1030 - used random adapter to confirm power on( no adapter)

Tablet- powers on - not tested

SynCalc - no disc but binder and cover slip seem complete

SynFile+ seems to be a complete set

Conversational Spanish - Five cassette tapes in excellent condition

Timewise - unopened in wrap

AtariArt cartridge - works.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Looking to figure out what I have and a fair value on these items since ebay has been very sporadic.

Also need to know if spending the close 30 is worth it to find AC adapters for the 1050 and 1030.

Thanks!

1050- used nintendo adapter to confirm power on( no adapter)

1030 - used random adapter to confirm power on( no adapter)

I hate to tell you this, but assuming you grabbed whatever adapters you had handy and connected them up while disregarding their voltage and type (Did they output DC or AC?), you could've easily fried those components. The presence of an illuminated indicator light does not mean that they are good.

• Like 1