IGNORED

Coleco and Intellivision II

So I have Carnival here and it says "For use with Intellivision or Intellivision II." Seeing as how I only have an Intellivision II, I thought I'd try it. I read something about how Coleco games don't work with INTV IIs, but I thought perhaps this was an exception. Nope. Green screen. Did the people at Coleco not have an Intellivision II to try their games on? Perhaps they should have gotten one before they printed it can be used with one. I'm not mad or anything, I just thought it is stupidity on Coleco's part to print on the label that it works with an INTV 2 when in fact it doesn't.

I've seen the claim it works on Intellivision II on the manual, and the cartridge label, but not the box.

But yeah, what a screw-up, to get all those printed and then find out the games don't work. As those boxes were seemingly made of tissue paper, it's unsurprising that the remains people still have have a high likelihood of being plain wrong about that.

• 3 weeks later...

Oooookay, CBS carts not even fit physically into a Intellivision II.

The carts have these additional bars inside the slot and the Inty II has a horizontal bar. That prevents that the cart fits complete in the slot.

How does that fit in an Intellivision 1, even?

How does that fit in an Intellivision 1, even?

if a system 1 cant play a coleco game there is a problem worse than the pin connector. I have never had a pin connector so bad that it could not play a coleco game. Then again i dont live somewhere where there is a rust problem like Some of the systems you have pics of.

With an Inty 1 it fits quite perfectly.

gallery_30718_783_340222.jpg

What I'm saying is that if those ribs stick out far enough to hit the clip 'early' on the Intellivision 2, preventing proper insertion, then they should also hit the PCB in the Intellivision 1 'early' causing a similar problem.

You can definitely see some wear on those ribs where they hit the PCB on the Intellivision 1.

Edited by intvnut