IGNORED

Atari Lynx LCD panel... Same as SEGA Game Gear?

rotunda

I've been using my new Lynx today and i have to say... I really do wonder if the LCD panel in this is the same as those found in Game Gears.

Does anyone know for sure or have any pictures of a LCD from an atari lynx 1/2? I could tell from seeing one as i have repaired many MANY Game Gears.

Any help appreciated

Lynx LCD were propriety Citizen brand LCD, and nothing have been found to be a drop in replacement. Your best bet is one of those LCD mod that converts Lynx video data to standard video out and use a new LCD off eBay or something. Modern 3" composite LCD is far better looking than 15 year old oddball propriety LCD.

• 1 year later...

That was an old thread. McWill LCD mod came out a few months after I made the last post, and right now it is the only one that works to replace the original LCD.

There is no other mod for Lynx. Maybe you were thinking of Game Gear which had the RGB mod for some years before McWill made a better mod.