IGNORED

Atari jaguar trouble attemped repair

lothar

Hello i have a atari jaguar ,i colocate the new regulator but i have a black screen and not load the cartridges please some one help me with information about this .

the name of the regulator is this

MC34163DW

I put a new capacitor too . but the black screen never changes but the light turn's on ,i put a audio

video cable and i get a green image in the TV .

semi-mc34163dw.jpg

I have two atari jaguar's with this same trouble and i have way to put working on.

thanks for your patience!

post-41426-0-55243300-1422050684_thumb.jpg

1) Check you have soldered the regulator and Capacitor in the correct way around.

2) Check than no adjacent regulator pins other than 8, 9, 10 & 11 are connected to each other by solder

3) Check that pins 8, 9, 10, & 11 are connected together in case your problem is related to the one in thread http://atariage.com/forums/topic/219954-weird-jaguar-power-issues/?hl=%2Bjaguar+%2Bpower&do=findComment&comment=2899139

If all the above appear to be correct then

4) Check that the regulator output voltage is correct by measuring the voltage between ground and R126 (150R dropper for the power on LED) , you should get 5V at one end of the resistor.

Other than that I am not sure it is a problem that can be fixed via forum posts/pm as you description does not give a lot of information that would allow pin pointing of the problem, however as you have changed the regulator and capacitor it probably has something to do with that unless whatever caused the regulator to blow (if that was the case) fried either Tom, Jerry or the BOIS chip in which case the Jag would be non recoverable.

• 4 weeks later...