IGNORED

What size TV do you play your Atari & retro games on?

sloth-machine

My retro gaming includes 42 inch philips TV(realy like this TV its awesome)

and a Kempston joystick(my favorite back in the day and ever since) - the joystick plugs to my computer through adapters of course :)

Edited by hillelr

• 1 year later...

I got my TV in May 1993. I still have it and play games on it. The channel down button has a big dent in it because I used it a lot when I had it next to my bed. It's a 13 inch Symphonic. Still works great, although the channel number seems to have disappeared from the display.

• Like 1

I just tested my 2600 with S-video mod on a Palsonic 63cm CRT since it was the only TV in the house that has S-video. Most of my older consoles I play on a Panasonic 68cm CRT. My most modern consoles (PS3, Xbox and Dreamcast) are hooked up to my 40" Samsung LED. My C64 is hooked up to an Akai 34cm CRT. This looks really neat and I've decided it will be my '8 bit' station, so I will have the C64, 2600, Master System and Famicom hooked up to this eventually (",)

Looks like I'll be moving in with my GF soon. I think I'll have to put most of my TV's and other bulky things in storage, but hopefully I can set up the 34cm and a 51cm fro retro gaming goodness. If down the track we get a nice house, we'll get 3 bedrooms minimum so we can have a spare room each for our hobbies. Then I can go back to the 68cm (",)

Edited by danny_galaga

I just tested my 2600 with S-video mod on a Palsonic 63cm CRT since it was the only TV in the house that has S-video. Most of my older consoles I play on a Panasonic 68cm CRT. My most modern consoles (PS3, Xbox and Dreamcast) are hooked up to my 40" Samsung LED. My C64 is hooked up to an Akai 34cm CRT. This looks really neat and I've decided it will be my '8 bit' station, so I will have the C64, 2600, Master System and Famicom hooked up to this eventually (",)

Looks like I'll be moving in with my GF soon. I think I'll have to put most of my TV's and other bulky things in storage, but hopefully I can set up the 34cm and a 51cm fro retro gaming goodness. If down the track we get a nice house, we'll get 3 bedrooms minimum so we can have a spare room each for our hobbies. Then I can go back to the 68cm (",)

I would suggest putting her in storage before the retro stuff. If you start out right she will learn her place early.

Let her take the couch as long as she cooks and brings you snacks between cart changes. :P

• Like 1

When I lived in Vallejo, I had a 20" Sanyo TV for my Classic Stuff

When I moved to West Sacramento 2 years ago, I had to give up my 20"..I refuse to play on a LCD TV,

For 2 years I didn't like to play my Older Sysems on a Proscan LCD TV til now...I have a 19" Symphonic..The Bad thing is, It has no remote, So I can't get "Game" on it, So I'm going though RF for now

• 10 months later...

I have all my consoles including the older ones hooked up to a Samsung 22inch LCD. If I need to emulate something I usually do it on my MAME cabinet. I'm want to find a CRT, just haven't had the time to start searching.

It varies for me. I have a modded Vader and 7800, which get used on a 32 inch Magnavox floor model CRT, with JBL soundsystem built in, a 42 inch Vizio HDTV, a 47 inch Vizio Smart HDTV, with a ZVOX soundbar, a Sanyo 32 inch CRT, or a Durabrand 13 inch CRT. The modded 7800 has great picture quality with all of them. The Vader is a different story, it needs a better mod, since the color bleed is horrible with the cheap AV mod.

I just got a 2600 Jr. the other day and with the standard RF, it works great with every TV, except the 47 inch Vizio Smart TV, for some reason, they just don't agree on some games. Most games work fine, but some don't. Come to think of it, the Smart TV has issues with some games even on the modded systems. I'll never buy another Smart TV. This thing is constantly trying to connect to the internet. There's no way to make it stop trying. Every time it tries to connect, it turns off and the LED "VIZIO" emblem flashes orange and white for around a minute before it comes back "on" so you can watch tv or continue playing a game. It used to make me extremely angry when it did that in the middle of a show or game. Not to mention that NONE of the apps on the TV are worth having. By far, my favorite TV for playing games on, is the 42 inch VIZIO, the picture looks good and it has options to adjust the vertical and horizontal size and position. I also use it with my laptop, my tablet and my PS3.

I have been watching Craigslist for some cheap or free CRTs in my area. I figure as long as I have some space to store them, I'll get all the working ones I can, just in case. :P

I have 3 setups.

One is my main gaming PC with a 27" G-Sync monitor which I also run emulators on with CRT shader effects and this is probably my favourite way to play the vast majority of the time.

My 2nd setup is my HTPC hooked up to my 42" LCD TV and I also use CRT shader effects on it which really does help out with the pixel upscaling.

The 3rd setup is for my old consoles (2600, Genesis and N64) hooked up to a 20" Toshiba CRT from about 15 years ago and I picked it up locally for 10$.

Edited by Lordmonkus

I have a 53 inch rear projection TV I have my Atari hooked up to. Being an analog set, that's all it's really good for these days. But my dream as a kid was to play these games on a large screen TV, and now I am. I have a second one being repaired...using a VCR, I might hook up that one to my LCD TV. That's a 53 inch too.

I would suggest putting her in storage before the retro stuff. If you start out right she will learn her place early.

Let her take the couch as long as she cooks and brings you snacks between cart changes. :P

Hehe. Turns out I sorta did! So now I am in a new place, on my own with the luxury once again of a games room. So once again 68cm (27", damn I can't believe some of you guys have BIGGER CRT's than that! This already is a beast!) for my console collection ranging from Atari 2600 to Wii. 100cm (40") LCD for my PS3 and original xbox and 34cm (13") CRT for my C64. I'm looking forward to setting up a table for the commie so I can really get into learning stuff about it (",)

Pic is basically how I've set up my retro consoles with the 68cm CRT. It will be a LOT tidier than that. Eventually :grin:

post-10479-0-07264200-1498981637_thumb.jpg

Edited by danny_galaga

I have two old in the tooth 28" CRTs: RCA and Panasonic, and a 32" LCD. I had a 28" Sony WEGA, but I gave it to my mom, since four huge TVs were too many and it didn't work right for light gun games and DDR timing, although I kind of miss it since it had a much better picture and worked better than the other two CRTs.