IGNORED

Sudden Nuon controller scarcity= pricing insanity?

Blazing Lazers

Until literally 3 months ago Nuon controllers could still be had brand new for around $20-$30, mostly the Logitech ones. All of the NOS must have sold out, because all of a sudden loose controllers are going for crazy prices! Please tell me these recently completed listings are flukes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-Nuon-Control-Pad-not-working-spares-/161562302992?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item259ddd1a10

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Nuon-Control-Pad-/161562302420?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item259ddd17d4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Nuon-Control-Pad-/161562301551?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item259ddd146f

That's been suspected and does make sense, but has it been proven? Any ideas on who did that if so?

Ive been buying and selling nuons every so often for the last nearly 10 years. I buy one, buy a controller, some games, play it awhile, get bored, sell it. Done this many many times. All these years, there has ALWAYS been controllers and tempest 3000 avaible to buy, usually at amazon..

but in the last few months, all the controllers and tempest 3000 disappeared. I know that 1 person must have bought them all. Luckily I found an AA member to sell me a controller and tempest 3000 recently. I also was lucky to snag a tempest 3000 newly listed buy it now on ebay recently. But the controllers seem super rare to find now. There used to be tons of the Logitech ones available on ebay and amazon. they all of a sudden vanished.

• Like 1

Ive been buying and selling nuons every so often for the last nearly 10 years. I buy one, buy a controller, some games, play it awhile, get bored, sell it. Done this many many times. All these years, there has ALWAYS been controllers and tempest 3000 avaible to buy, usually at amazon..

but in the last few months, all the controllers and tempest 3000 disappeared. I know that 1 person must have bought them all. Luckily I found an AA member to sell me a controller and tempest 3000 recently. I also was lucky to snag a tempest 3000 newly listed buy it now on ebay recently. But the controllers seem super rare to find now. There used to be tons of the Logitech ones available on ebay and amazon. they all of a sudden vanished.

I've been following and have noticed the same for some time now too. Perhaps I just don't want to think that a reseller or speculator has targeted the Nuon, but isn't it just as likely that all of the NOS has finally run out?

Is the version for the Playstation the same?

What an odd coincidence that a listing for those two HPI controllers appears so soon after the following BIN ended:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOSHIBA-SD-2300-DVD-PLAYER-NUON-ENHANCED-128-BIT-PROCESSOR-w-2-Controllers-/161572167588?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=JTEjZopo0LIOYk2WPjSQv7AgmYo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It's almost as if somebody decided to be a manipulative speculator on Nuon stuff...

Anyways, to answer the other questions, the ROM for Iron Soldier 3 is freely available online and can be burned and played on the Samsung N501 model. An authentic copy is something that will only show up once or twice a year on Ebay.

Just to note though, and to deter any speculators that might be getting ideas from this thread, it only seems to be the Nuon controllers that are going for inflated sums as of late. All of the games, minus Tempest 3000, still sell for relatively low amounts. Consider the following recently ended listing, a complete US set with Iron Soldier 3, the Tetris disc, and the Demo sampler, which sold for less than $200 AFTER the NOS of controllers and Tempest 3000 finally ran out (or was bought up) and led to the recent demand for those 2 items:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-NUON-Games-Tetris-Iron-Soldier-3-Freefall-Tempest-3000-Merlin-SUPER-RARE-/301423355198?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=JTEjZopo0LIOYk2WPjSQv7AgmYo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

• 4 years later...