IGNORED

New Atari 8-bit scans and video

Savetz

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Dan Kramer sent me a bunch more great material, which I have scanned and uploaded to Internet Archive:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have recently recovered a couple of items!

One: Atari Demo Compilation, a videotape of Atari Research’s work in computer animation and character design made by Valerie Atkinson and Ann Marion. Dated March 1984, four months before Tramiel fired everyone. This videotape was submitted (and I believe, shown) at the SIGGraph Computer Aided Design show in 1984. It has video of the Fish Tank demo and Artificially Motivated Objects demo — both of which I’d heard about in interviews but the code has never been found AFAIK. 
https://archive.org/details/Atari_Demos_1984-03-07_November_Demo_September_Paper_Poly_Demo_Atari_800_Fishtan

Two: the Atari Corporation Prospectus and Form S-1 from when Tramiel took the company public in 1986. It took me three years (almost exactly, to the day) to get these documents from the Securities and Exchange Commission. 400+ pages of interesting material. For instance, check out the list of Atari’s subsidiary companies on the last page of the S-1 form. I'm sure there are plenty of interesting tidbits and little-known facts hidden in these pages. Let us know what you find! https://archive.org/details/atari-corp

-Kay

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3