IGNORED

This. Is. The. Best.

LynxVGL

This is what drives me nuts. I'm a moderate collector and pick up loose carts when I have the spare money and dabble in the occasional Homebrew (Golden Chalice for the win!). Would I love a copy of Mario Bros. for my CV? You bet I would. I totally agree that all this does is inflate the costs of other eBay vendors and even some brick and mortar vendors who use it as a reference. Yuck,

Isn't Mario Bros. a relatively recent, CV homebrew release -with 3 or 4 variants produced? Isn't it still fairly easy to acquire at a reasonable price??

I knew it , as I read his first paragraph I read right through his dishonesty . He doesn't want to come out and say it but he what he is really saying is , he is the person that has the three (prototypes) as his feedback shows that he sold one Mario Bros (prototype) over a year ago and is now selling this which means he still has one more left !!

(This is my Holy Grail and prize item of my Collection! Mario Bros 32k #1 for the Colecovision! The game is numbered and signed by the main creator of the game. Only 5 exist in the world and only 3 people (including myself) own a copy or copies (one collector has 3) of the game. )

Go to page five of his feedback which is here http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller&userid=relliksrelics111&iid=281578119930&de=off&items=25&interval=0&mPg=11&page=4

He would still have (prototype) # 2 .

With all the money the profiteer has made off of homebrew items and games which he started the auctions at outrageous prices he should have enough Christmas money for his family till the year 2090 .

• Like 1

Hilarious that he is selling homebrews like Sidetrack for $240. I just bought that one last week from Collectorvision for $50.

Not unusual. Been seeing that behavior for some time with his homebrew sales. As an aside, I see that he's browsing this forum as I type this so he's very aware of the posts here and what the majority have been posting.

I am so sick of the whiny group of people here! If you think you can go find any Mario Bros 32k prototype for cheaper go right ahead. All AA has become over the last 2 years is a bitch fest! Same people over and over again. Thread after thread of just pure hate!!! I'm not talking about people just talking shit about me, I'm talking about the whole AA colecovision scene as of late! Its disgusting! Mario Bros #1 is the only copy of the game that I have. 2 other people own the other 4, So AtariBrian as normal is talking out of his ass and has no clue! This is a game that I love having in my collection and I'm not going to just give it a way because a few entitled loud mouth bitches feel like everything should come to them for free! Normally I try to ignore this crap but when there is assholes like Ataribrian saying I'm dishonest when he has no clue what he is talking about really pisses me off! Most of the people in this thread I could care less about, and there opinions mean nothing, as most of you have no clue what your talking about. To see other people on this thread that I was thinking that we where friends like Jim and a few others does really hurt. I have never done anything to any of you guys to provoke a attack like this! I have never forced anyone here to buy a game, in fact I have never sold anything to any of you as most of the people here don't even buy games unless its cart only and the cheapest you can find! Everyone says I'm looking for a sucker which couldn't be further from the truth! Mario Bros #1 prototype is a game if I sell I will most likely never be able to get again. There is such a double standard here! For the very few collectors here I guarantee none of you are just willing to give your prize items away for next to nothing! There has been a ton of people that brag how they find "x" game that's worth hundreds of dollars for a $1 at a garage sale. Is that being honest? Your ripping someone off! You know its worth a ton more money, but instead of letting them know its worth $100+ you steal it for only $1 because there not as educated on the value games. So I ask to all the talking ass heads here which is worse! Having a high price and leaving a best offer open to make a deal with someone that we are both happy with or stealing from someone because they are not educated in the genre? I have found a game before for very cheap and I let the guy know that it is a rare game and worth more, he appreciated it and he gave it to me for a fair price, and we both felt good about the deal. I have in turn got other great games from him. I don't ever look to rip anyone off. I don't have any idea of how much Mario Bros 32k prototype #1 is worth. There is no set price for this with the exception of #3, #4, & #5 all selling for $1000 many years ago. I have the price on this at $6000 with a best offer, I wont take less then $1000 as that has been established as a bottom dollar.

Do to the few loud turds that don't seem to flush AA is turning into a cesspool of hate, and I don't think I want to be a part of it! I'm seriously thinking of getting out of the scene and selling off my collection.....I'm going to haft to really think about it. With the exception of yesterday and today I have been nothing but nice to everyone here but I just couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer. If you guys really feel like I'm don't something wrong you could have easily sent me a PM and we could have talked about it and maybe come to a understanding, but to put me on blast in a public forum and to get attacked like this is really missed up, and don't want to be a part of a group when people think they can act like this! This has been the big thing as of late where everyone here seems to just go straight to attacking people publicly, instead of sending PM and working things out like adults. I'm sick of reading all the hate. So to make a long answer short if you don't like me I don't care, because I most likely don't like you. DONT Talk about me and I wont talk about you! If you still have a problem with me you can send me a PM and we can see if we can find some common ground. I love the Colecovision and I did at one time love this community. Its been sad to see this community go so wrong. Its sad because there is still a lot of good people here, but something needed to be said about the loud few, that don't know how to use the PM button, or just wants to be childish because there behind a keyboard. I guarantee none of them would have the balls to say this stuff to my face! Hell they don't even have the balls to say it in a PM! I can never respect anyone like that!

Edited by RelliK111

Normally I try to ignore this crap but when there is assholes like Ataribrian saying I'm dishonest when he has no clue what he is talking about really pisses me off!

Give me a break. Everyone who's familiar with the ColecoVision scene knows all too well of your homebrew flipping practices. This isn't the first time it's been discussed and likely won't be the last.

There has been a ton of people that brag how they find "x" game that's worth hundreds of dollars for a $1 at a garage sale. Is that being honest? Your ripping someone off! You know its worth a ton more money, but instead of letting them know its worth $100+ you steal it for only $1 because there not as educated on the value games. So I ask to all the talking ass heads here which is worse! Having a high price and leaving a best offer open to make a deal with someone that we are both happy with or stealing from someone because they are not educated in the genre?

It's not at all comparable to buying something at a garage sale which is priced low. If you want you have such a comparison, it would be seeing an item at a garage sale and telling the seller the item is worth less in order to get a better price.

Most people here have made their views on this topic extremely clear. There's no reason to put such a large BIN, other than to try scamming someone in to paying a ridiculous price.

I don't have any idea of how much Mario Bros 32k prototype #1 is worth.

So start an auction and let the market drive the price. If you're not willing to accept lower than $1000, then set a reserve.

If you guys really feel like I'm don't something wrong you could have easily sent me a PM and we could have talked about it and maybe come to a understanding, but to put me on blast in a public forum and to get attacked like this is really missed up, and don't want to be a part of a group when people think they can act like this!

You're part of a tight knit community, who watch out for each other. Why should anyone keep behaviour like this to themselves or only talk to you via a PM? I don't understand why you're so surprised people don't like the way you go about selling things. This isn't the first time you've been called out for it. The only reason I even know your username is because of your reputation, not from your involvement on the forum. I'm sure many others are in the same boat.

If you don't want people to talk about this stuff, either change your business practices or just let it go. You even said that you don't care what others think, right?

I guarantee none of them would have the balls to say this stuff to my face! Hell they don't even have the balls to say it in a PM! I can never respect anyone like that!

I'd be more than happy to say all this to your face, whether one on one or in a public setting. As stated above, there's no reason to have PM'd you, especially for a topic which has been discussed here many times before.

• Like 3

I'd be more than happy to say all this to your face, whether one on one or in a public setting. As stated above, there's no reason to have PM'd you, especially for a topic which has been discussed here many times before.

Maybe you will have the chance at some point!

Edited by RelliK111

goldenegg, on 01 Feb 2015 - 3:15 PM, said:

It's not at all comparable to buying something at a garage sale which is priced low. If you want you have such a comparison, it would be seeing an item at a garage sale and telling the seller the item is worth less in order to get a better price.

Most people here have made their views on this topic extremely clear. There's no reason to put such a large BIN, other than to try scamming someone in to paying a ridiculous price.

So start an auction and let the market drive the price. If you're not willing to accept lower than $1000, then set a reserve.

That's bull shit also because you still bitched when I sold my SGM and started it at $0.99 with no reserve! I'm not sure if its just jealousy or if you just feel brave behind a computer.

That's bull shit also because you still bitched when I sold my SGM and started it at $0.99 with no reserve! I'm not sure if its just jealousy or if you just feel brave behind a computer.

Really? When did I ever say anything about that? I just looked through my post history on the ColecoVision forum and the only other time I've ever said anything about your auctions is when you listed the Gamester81 game for $1800. That was a BIN and no auction.

To see other people on this thread that I was thinking that we where friends like Jim and a few others does really hurt.

Don't know if he has ever sold a CV item at these greatly inflated prices, but if he has, more power to him as this hobby of our's is a pretty expensive endeavor. Heck, my PayPal account is a little low (actually $00.00), so maybe I should test the waters on eBay as well.

If I'm the "Jim" that you are referring to, please explain to me where I said anything hurtful or spiteful. I cracked a couple good (I think) jokes in other posts, but nothing aimed at you. Just trying to keep things light-hearted around here, but if I'm grouped in with everyone else... then I guess we really do have a problem.

I don't particularly care for the way you list items on eBay, but that's your own business and it's up to people to decide for themselves what's reasonable or not. Heck, I just sold my Mario Bros Rev. A CIB (CollectorVision Labs # 1 or 1 - well, who really knows with J-F) for $350 on eBay... but then again, I paid $300 for it a couple years ago and after eBay and PayPal fees, I broke even. Could I have asked for more with the BIN price that I set? Certainly. Did I? No and it sold almost immediately.

post-25956-0-73668100-1422825595_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Give me a break. Everyone who's familiar with the ColecoVision scene knows all too well of your homebrew flipping practices. This isn't the first time it's been discussed and likely won't be the last.

You're part of a tight knit community, who watch out for each other. Why should anyone keep behaviour like this to themselves or only talk to you via a PM? I don't understand why you're so surprised people don't like the way you go about selling things. This isn't the first time you've been called out for it. The only reason I even know your username is because of your reputation, not from your involvement on the forum. I'm sure many others are in the same boat.

If you don't want people to talk about this stuff, either change your business practices or just let it go. You even said that you don't care what others think, right?

goldenegg your the man!

Edited by Yurkie

• I am so sick of the whiny group of people here!
  • All AA has become over the last 2 years is a bitch fest! Same people over and over again.
  • I'm not talking about people just talking shit about me, I'm talking about the whole AA colecovision scene as of late! Its disgusting!
  • AtariBrian as normal is talking out of his ass and has no clue!
  • ...a few entitled loud mouth bitches ...
  • assholes like Ataribrian
  • Most of the people in this thread I could care less about, and there opinions mean nothing, as most of you have no clue what your talking about.
  • Do to the few loud turds that don't seem to flush AA is turning into a cesspool of hate, and I don't think I want to be a part of it!
  • So to make a long answer short if you don't like me I don't care, because I most likely don't like you.

I read your entire post, but the sentences I included in the bullet points above, completely diluted your statements (if they had any merits to begin with). As soon as you decided to drop to the level of foul language and name calling, I would think your comments lost any value to the people you were trying to address…along with anyone who just popped in to see what all the fuss was about.

As you are aware, I have taken issue with your selling practices before, and still feel the same way…but I can completely respect that your games are 100% yours to sell…for whatever you can get for them…free market economy and all...

That said, the homebrew & collecting scene does suffer as a consequence (wether your agree with me or not…it is true). You see, the only reason I have had a hard time lately with the CV scene is due to artificial price inflation. This inflation comes from folks like you, jacking up the prices on eBay…leading others to do the same. If you question this conclusion, then notice that you are offering games which are still available from the publishers, for FAR above what they are offered for directly from the publisher. THAT takes money out of the pockets of developers, and puts it into yours. Sure…you could say "buyer beware", but truthfully, it is not the case.

I have seen you take down such listings, as soon as the publisher themselves posts their own copies on eBay for "actual value"…thus making your auctions irrelevant...but what you are doing is forcing their hand. What if their business model (if you could even call it that…most of the home brewers barely make a dime) can't sustain selling on eBay…with all of the fees and hassles associated? By selling their games, before they are "sold out" on a title, you have basically forced them to put their games up on eBay…just so they can break even. That, my "friend"…that's disgusting. It actually amazes me that the publishers haven't yet blacklisted you from buying their games. Sure, your money is green, but what are the long-term consequences of selling to someone who is clearly only in this for profit? As I said earlier…I understand that this is a free market economy, but your selling practices do hurt the scene, so you shouldn't be surprised when it ruffles feathers around these parts.

Again, I will never disagree with a handful of the things you said…the games are yours, and yours to sell. And I certainly agree that all of us here with substantial collections, hope that IF we ever feel the need or desire to sell, we will get top dollar at that time. That said, you are using that logic as a means of thinly veiling what you are actually doing. You aren't cashing out from the hobby…this has been going on for a long time. As a matter of fact, I still see you buying up home-brews like it is your job…and I believe that is what this is to you…a paycheck. In your case, you are always looking for 1000% return on investment. Best of luck with that…but don't be surprised that folks aren't exactly singing your praises around here.

• Like 4

I read your entire post, but the sentences I included in the bullet points above, completely diluted your statements (if they had any merits to begin with). As soon as you decided to drop to the level of foul language and name calling, I would think your comments lost any value to the people you were trying to address…along with anyone who just popped in to see what all the fuss was about.

As you are aware, I have taken issue with your selling practices before, and still feel the same way…but I can completely respect that your games are 100% yours to sell…for whatever you can get for them…free market economy and all...

That said, the homebrew & collecting scene does suffer as a consequence (wether your agree with me or not…it is true). You see, the only reason I have had a hard time lately with the CV scene is due to artificial price inflation. This inflation comes from folks like you, jacking up the prices on eBay…leading others to do the same. If you question this conclusion, then notice that you are offering games which are still available from the publishers, for FAR above what they are offered for directly from the publisher. THAT takes money out of the pockets of developers, and puts it into yours. Sure…you could say "buyer beware", but truthfully, it is not the case.

I have seen you take down such listings, as soon as the publisher themselves posts their own copies on eBay for "actual value"…thus making your auctions irrelevant...but what you are doing is forcing their hand. What if their business model (if you could even call it that…most of the home brewers barely make a dime) can't sustain selling on eBay…with all of the fees and hassles associated? By selling their games, before they are "sold out" on a title, you have basically forced them to put their games up on eBay…just so they can break even. That, my "friend"…that's disgusting. It actually amazes me that the publishers haven't yet blacklisted you from buying their games. Sure, your money is green, but what are the long-term consequences of selling to someone who is clearly only in this for profit? As I said earlier…I understand that this is a free market economy, but your selling practices do hurt the scene, so you shouldn't be surprised when it ruffles feathers around these parts.

Again, I will never disagree with a handful of the things you said…the games are yours, and yours to sell. And I certainly agree that all of us here with substantial collections, hope that IF we ever feel the need or desire to sell, we will get top dollar at that time. That said, you are using that logic as a means of thinly veiling what you are actually doing. You aren't cashing out from the hobby…this has been going on for a long time. As a matter of fact, I still see you buying up home-brews like it is your job…and I believe that is what this is to you…a paycheck. In your case, you are always looking for 1000% return on investment. Best of luck with that…but don't be surprised that folks aren't exactly singing your praises around here.

For one that post that you are bullet pointing was meant to be me last but I keep getting attacked so ya I do to respond to those people, as this thread has been made just to hate on me. Games that I sell, I make a point of not selling games that are available from the Developer, as I have no intention on taking away money from any developer. The very few times I made a error I took the listing down right away.

While we have disagreed in the past, I give you kudos for a well written and articulate post.

Isn't Mario Bros. a relatively recent, CV homebrew release -with 3 or 4 variants produced? Isn't it still fairly easy to acquire at a reasonable price??

I have been looking for awhile, and haven't seen one in the wild, ever. I only see it on eBay, and at a price point that I will NEVER bite at. Part of the point of the thread, (which others have also noted) is that by inflating the cost to this point, others make the fair market value inflated. So any BIN or start prices start to cross the $200 mark. For a homebrew cart. I just can't do it. If Rellik can make that on ANY cart, I'd be amazed. If a buyer is that nuts to pay that price, bonus for him. We are not talking about the super rare "Stadium Events" for NES. And even then I find the last auction for that beyond ridiculous. The eBay page just seems out of pace and out of touch with the CV scene and the Homebrew scene. I just find it damaging to the community in general.

• Like 4

I really don't care what he puts on ebay or at what price. If someone is dumb enough to pay those prices, that's fine. However, we reserve the right to complain or joke about the prices. Do sellers like this damage the hobby? My feeling, like others, is YES. I've seen this nonsense cripple other hobbies I've been involved in. When you treat everything somewhat exclusive like a mini-Stadium Events, I feel it harms the collective interest in it. As for this fellow, what can I say, stop selling him homebrews?!?

• Like 1

Sorry if i hurt somebody , it is not my intention.

But what i find ridiculous is to made "artificial" prototype and sold them boxed , numbered ,signed under a label "something Development LABS".

Concerning price Relik is trying to sell his stuff... well... it is his problem , i think he just lost in credibility , i'm just very sad for people who bought at that price if there are.

Edited by youki
  • Like 1

I really question the value of these items. (homebrew prototypes) Yes they are very rare. But a lot of what makes original prototypes valuble is 1. the passage of time, (its survived for 30+ years) and it was not a collectable item and was meant to be destroyed (once testing was completed)

I personally wouldn't pay more then 150-200 tops (on a good day) But obviously there are people who will hence the inflated value.