IGNORED

This. Is. The. Best.

LynxVGL

Pretty sure this is just a way of showing off your collection to people. I doubt he really wants or expects to sell anything. If the game is super valuable to him and he doesn't really want to sell it then you put a crazy high price on it. It is strange to me, but I am not sure it hurts anything about the hobby. Also those games technically aren't allowed to be sold on ebay since they are unauthorized ports, but that is a different topic which has been beat to death.

I am just entertained by how long this thread has gotten. Work is boring today :)

Youki please do another run of Ghosts n' Zombies for precisely this reason, or at the very least offer it as a manufacture-on-demand so those that missed out can enjoy it at a reasonable price and greedy flippers like this guy here don't try to profit from it. The only person who should be profitting from this is you, the author, not some Capitalistic Ferengi.

Knight 'n More is exactly like Ghost'n Zombie , except with better graphics , less bugs and a little music.

In term of gameplay it is 90% (even more) like GnZ. So no need to re-release Gnz. I did KnM for gamer who were frustated to not be able to play Gnz.

Collectors still have to chase for Gnz , if they really wish.

What is fun in collecting is chasing the missing pieces, no?

• Like 5

This one literally made me LOL! And Relik wonders why we don't have nice things to say about his flipping practices...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ghosts-N-Zombies-Very-Rare-Colecovision-Game-in-Mint-Condition-R8-/271766825908?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4690abb4

Stop giving him the free publicity on here... seeing that we joined a retrogaming community, we know what time of day it is when it comes to this kind of stuff.

BTW, real value will be in the $600 range based on some that sold in the last year... including mine which I ended up buying back.

Knight 'n More is exactly like Ghost'n Zombie , except with better graphics , less bugs and a little music.

In term of gameplay it is 90% (even more) like GnZ. So no need to re-release Gnz. I did KnM for gamer who were frustated to not be able to play Gnz.

No re-release, is the full rom available?

Yeah but you called it something else and made some changes so... not the same. Not paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a homebrew cart. That's just crazy. The least you could do is make the rom available or I'm sure someone will or already has.

Stop giving him the free publicity on here... seeing that we joined a retrogaming community, we know what time of day it is when it comes to this kind of stuff.

BTW, real value will be in the $600 range based on some that sold in the last year... including mine which I ended up buying back.

If you spent that much, you're nuts, but hey... your money. Keep feeding the flippers. Keeps 'em in business.

Edited by Tron Unit

I, for certain, paid top dollar for my copy. I purchased it from a very reputable forum member, for what I felt was a fair price for this masterpiece (not anywhere near Relik's $1,400 asking price, but still it was expensive for one game). Regardless of the price I paid, I would agree that this game DESERVES another run in some way shape or form. It is a shame that this is not in the hands of every Colecovision gamer, fan and collector alike. You really did an amazing job with this release, and it deserves that recognition. It's absolutely one of my favorite homebrews to date...and that is saying a lot when you consider how many great games have been produced over the years.

I don't care if it reduces the value of my current CIB copy...this game was meant to be played by everyone. Awesome work Youki!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Yeah but you called it something else and made some changes so... not the same. Not paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a homebrew cart. That's just crazy. The least you could do is make the rom available or I'm sure someone will or already has.

If you spent that much, you're nuts, but hey... your money. Keep feeding the flippers. Keeps 'em in business.

Not the case at all, someone offered $600 for a GnZ CIB and I took it. A couple months later the buyer was nice enough to contact me that he was going to sell it, so I bought it back at a lower price. So, to make a long story short, I basically rented the CIB to him for a couple of months.

Youki doesn't have to do anything at all with the original GnZ game and he has explained his reasoning time and again in these forums. "The least you can do" is accept that fact! If you find a rom image of the game eventually, more power to you.

Edited by NIAD

Yeah I just want to play the game. The original, not rev. 1 or whatever. I get collecting. I'm a collector myself of many different things, toys, comics, steelbooks, etc. so I know all about making things "Limited Edition" for collectors but there is a way to cater to both. Make the first run a "Limited Edition" so collectors feel like they have something rare and valuable and an "Unlimited Edition" or general release for those who don't care about value or that they have a Gold Nugget in their hands and just want to play the game.

All well and good Tron Unit, but the reason only about 50 CIBs were ever made was due to the programmer's (Youki) wishes. For years he would not even bend to the hopes and wishes of the masses, so at least now there will be a new/updated release for everyone to finally enjoy... Knights 'n More. It's the same exact game, only better, as he has explained.

That's too bad. I liked the name Ghosts N' Zombies better because it ties more closely to Ghosts N' Goblins which I loved on the NES. I'd prefer to see that on the startup screen. So what if it's the same game updated. That's like playing Pac-Man Plus. I prefer the original. I'll look for the rom. Someone will eventually dump it if they haven't already.

Tron Unit...Youki is against this rom being dumped, shared or distributed and so are many of the collectors that paid big money for this game because of this. Please keep the rom idea to yourself and don't mention it again on these forums, out of respect for Youki and the collectors.

Fair enough Yurkie, but if Youki had made more available to those that actually want it I'd gladly have purchased one from him because I can't afford to pay $600+ to jokers like Rellik who are simply taking advantage of the fact that he's not making more of them.

Fair enough Yurkie, but if Youki had made more available to those that actually want it I'd gladly have purchased one from him because I can't afford to pay $600+ to jokers like Rellik who are simply taking advantage of the fact that he's not making more of them.

i have never sold one cart!!! . Collectorvision sold them. Collectorvision decided to not produce more than 60 carts Due to that, some people buy the game very big money on ebay or elsewhere. Just by respect for these people and to help to make in sort Collectrovision respect their words ( they tend to forget time to time... ) to buyer. I don't let Gnz to be released.

But i found the solution of Knight'n more , in order to try to satisfy everobody... Gamers , Collectors and speculators... Not a perfect solution but a good compromise i think.

• Like 1

But it is different in your case nobody want yours games.... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

;)

I still get requests for Mecha-8, and I have a waiting list for the game with 19 names on it. I also received at least two requests for Princess Quest since I sold those last 7 copies of the game last October. You got nothing on nanochess, youki.

• Like 1

I still get requests for Mecha-8, and I have a waiting list for the game with 19 names on it. I also received at least two requests for Princess Quest since I sold those last 7 copies of the game last October. You got nothing on nanochess, youki.

It is exactly what i say , i have a waiting list of 457 names for Ghost'n Zombies! :-D

And just in case you didn't get, my word on nanochess was just humor. i'm the president of his Fan Club!!!. And for me he is simply a living god in matter of retro game development!

• Like 3

Don't worry, I'm sure it's a sample of French humor ;)

It is exactly what i say , i have a waiting list of 457 names for Ghost'n Zombies! :-D

And just in case you didn't get, my word on nanochess was just humor. i'm the president of his Fan Club!!!. And for me he is simply a living god in matter of retro game development!

"living god"... you're making me blush! :)

• Like 1