IGNORED

Joystiq Probably Closing

DaytonaUSA

Is there a companion article to go with this video of some guy yapping for fifteen minutes straight?

I can read.

That guy is me, and I'm not yapping off. But thanks for the input! I'll be sure to not talk on my channel. Maybe the next video will be "Darryl Staring at You....."

If you want an article, obviously Joystiq.com will have it, as they've been talking about their closure all day.

Edited by DaytonaUSA

(link)

I'd heard of them, but didn't really know what they were until I went there just now--maybe it's a cheesy publicity grab.

On one hand, I don't see anything there worth a second visit, but on the other hand, the link says they're an AOL property, and IMO AOL has *a lot* of other garbage news sites that they need to get rid of first. I pity anybody clicking through the news aggregator on aol's main page. At least joystiq seems to know how to write a headline that isn't pure clickbait. That's more than most of them.

Edited by Reaperman

Exactly, and it's what I discussed in the video. Joystiq didn't really go for click bait, unlike the others out there. I think that was their downfall.

They were the last place I could go to and just get straight up, unbiased news.

Thanks to those who subbed.

I really don't understand what was wrong with my video, as I just rewatched it, and I literally said everything that was written in the original article by the 1:00 mark, which is about as fast as it would have been to read it.... The rest were simply my thoughts, and frankly, a bit of emotion. The people at Joystiq are really good people, and I've worked with a couple in the past (of the group that are no longer writing for them). The video was more about the dangers of where our gaming news industry is headed, and what kind of companies we ARE supporting vs which ones they SHOULD.

It's a real shame the place had to go away. I can think of a dozen more than should have in its place....

Edited by DaytonaUSA