IGNORED

CyranoJ ports .... for the rest of us?

phoenixdownita

Given the incredible rate at which CyranoJ is porting ST titles (that's my guess) to the Jag is there any chance (or some guide on how to do it) to have a CD with a menu that can select any of those and launch them?

Like a CyranoJ multi game port compilation of sorts.

I do not own a Skunkboard neither I plan to buy one but it would be a pity if that would be the only way to enjoy CyranoJ magnificient work.

Whether this will be made available or not I personally want to thank him for doing all the ports ... really great job.

Only CyranoJ can tell you for sure however I would think it unlikely that a menu CD will come out as it has long been known that you cannot just dump cart games to a CD and run them, I can't remember the technical reason off hand so a lot more work would need to be put into the conversions and two different copies would need to be done one for SkunkBoard and one for CD.

Additionally there are probably more Jag owners with SkunkBoards out there than CD units so producing a CD version probably does not make a lot of sense therefore if you do not already have one I suggest getting hold of a SkunkBoard, try...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/230666-skunkboard-sillyventure-edition-how-to-buy/

crikey, well this thread went to shit quickly.

Thanks for the nice feedback OP, best thing we can hope for with these retargetted ST games would be to see results that match or better the originals. Don't think there's anything more to it than that.

While the idea of a CD menu seems fun, that would probably be up to someone else to work on. Keeping CJ doing what keeps him entertained (getting the releases out and games in people's hands) results with us all having more goodies and is more than we could wish for.

This isn't so much the Reboot CJ doing these, it's D-Bug's CJ... you'd think a menu would be appropriate, but not this time :0)

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 2

Hey my suggestion would be to talk to Orion. Didn't he make a CD of all his games?

I remember he had a cool menu at the start that loaded his other games.

Maybe we could ask him how he did that and work on a free menu driven CD of the ST collection. :)

Edited by doctorclu

Hey my suggestion would be to talk to Orion. Didn't he make a CD of all his games?

I remember he had a cool menu at the start that loaded his other games.

Maybe we could ask him how he did that and work on a free menu driven CD of the ST collection. :)

And maybe that's a very bad idea that will make CJ go 'feck this, not doing any more' - still, you could try.

Well, ask yourself. Do you feel lucky, punk? :D

Keeping CJ doing what keeps him entertained (getting the releases out and games in people's hands) results with us all having more goodies and is more than we could wish for.

I agree with sh3-rg wholeheartedly, lets keep the life extending jagspice flowing. lol

Phoenix, you should get down with getting a skunk, you won't have buyers remorse they are great items!

And i think it should be more than obvious by now that he wants to keep these ports off of physical media, likely to protect himself from reselling retards, he has a thread -"a word about st ports." -everyone needs to read it, and live it. lol. Also the titles of his st port threads have vague wording, do you think there's a reason for that?? I certainly do, think about it...... So lets honor his wishes on this repeated request and stop asking for carts and JagCds, use your skunks, or buy one now! if you want to open up your jag world. Its only gonna take one greedy flipper, to fling us all, right out of the ST on Jag world.

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 4

Now ovalbugmann that was an informative response and certainly was more professional than CyranoJ's response.

To summarize, phoenixdownita asked if there was a way to make a menu driven CD. Stephen Moss thought it was unlikely, but to answer the initial question, yes a menu driven CD was once released by Orion. It is possible. We are being asked not to do that for reasons Ovalbugmann said above.

Thank you Ovalbugmann for translating CyranoJ-ese.

a menu driven CD was once released by Orion.

I vaguely remember some other guy doing a CD menu, too...

certainly was more professional than CyranoJ's response.

Cj doesn't take any of this stuff seriously, you know? You probably shouldn't either. If you want professionalism from people who give you games to play, go speak to Valve or something. If you're in a CJ thread, expect the polar opposite.

• Like 5

Well, it is the worst controller ever made. As reviewed by someone who never held a 3DO controller. Seriously, are those buttons held in with chewing gum?

I never got this - have these people never used controllers on other consoles? There are FAR more controllers far worse than the Jag controller. It realistically doesn't even make a list of the top ten worst controllers if you consider all of them, maybe even a top twenty list. The controller is one of the things I like about my Jaguar. I just wish I had a Pro controller, too.

• Like 1