IGNORED

Toki Prototype For 7800 Discovered!

Willard

On 6/22/2020 at 7:11 AM, Shawn said:

A few people have tried to reach out to him. Personally I think he was blowing hot air.

Sadly there's a very strong possibility that is the case. 

We've encountered the likes of Jane Whittaker, Jim Gregory (HMS), Jez San (Argonaut), Philip Morris (English Software), Martin Hooley (Imagitec Design) etc who have given false accounts when questioned. 

Mark Cale System 3 has his P. R agent tell people they are not allowed to ask about lost games.. 

There was also the case of 7800 Paperboy :

https://shinobiman.proboards.com/thread/9878/andrew-holdroyd-desert-exclusive-interview

People from the Kremlin spotted Andy talking about Master System Desert Strike, yet he had never worked on it, hopefully he was confusing it with the Game Gear version which he had worked on.. 

Andy stopped replying to my own emails. 

Never replied to  Frank Gasking of 64GTW,who has far more credibility than myself and was asking about lost C64 titles. 

There has been more than enough false information and thus false hope, put into the community over the years by various sources from the commercial games industry. 

Edited by Lost Dragon

• 3 weeks later...

Holy hell!  I just read the whole thread , good to see some people can still really be trusted on here and actually care about their integrity, you my friends are a dying breed.  ?

I haven’t been active in years but I still respond to my messages and people know how to contact me. Only “1” single person (tep392) has ever asked me about Willard and a simple email and a few hours later..... wait for it.... Willard responds ?, some people get busy with real life guys , he told me he will be on and respond to everything by the end of the month if not sooner. Willard trusts those that have Toki and his intentions are to get it released.  Patience fellas he’s coming ? 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Well we were told in no uncertain terms that you had been left for dead in a gulag somewhere in Outer Mongolia, and that NO communication was possible nor forthcoming.  And that Willard had gone Dr. Manhattan and also would never be heard from again.  Obviously pleased to know you're both fine and ready to go!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BuddyBuddies said:

Holy hell!  I just read the whole thread , good to see some people can still really be trusted on here and actually care about their integrity, you my friends are a dying breed.  ?

You bet. ;)

• Like 7

@Greg2600LOL! That story only goes good with the ending of Rambo 2! Yea we are both fine buddy!

This may be a stupid question but have people actually talked with or tracked down the employees at Atari, specifically from the test departments, I believed the computer that had Toki was from someone in the test department and when I was collecting Jaguar stuff I got many of my rare items from former Atari employees. Surely in this day and age with social media things are easier now more then ever and those guys are the best bet in finding lost items. I’m guessing most have been asked over the years but I’m just asking for a friend. ?

Edited by BuddyBuddies

17 hours ago, BuddyBuddies said:

@Greg2600LOL! That story only goes good with the ending of Rambo 2! Yea we are both fine buddy!

This may be a stupid question but have people actually talked with or tracked down the employees at Atari, specifically from the test departments, I believed the computer that had Toki was from someone in the test department and when I was collecting Jaguar stuff I got many of my rare items from former Atari employees. Surely in this day and age with social media things are easier now more then ever and those guys are the best bet in finding lost items. I’m guessing most have been asked over the years but I’m just asking for a friend. ?

Hey Buddy! How's it going? Do you still talk with Willard? If you do it would be awesome if you could ask him for his attention to this Toki binary he found years ago for a moment if possible to let the world know what, if any plans, he has for this thing. I know it's not a pressing matter for him but the 7800 fanatics are chomping at the bit for this and waiting on word specifically from him. 

I had considered writing him a letter and sending it out snail mail since he's gone from the online scene altogether over the last few years. I didn't end up sending the letter cause I wasn't even sure if he was still alive or not (and I still don't know) and I didn't want his wife or kids getting a letter about "a stupid video game" if that was the case. You are actually friends with him so you would know and it would be way more appropriate for you to make contact if that is something you are interested at all in doing.

17 hours ago, tep392 said:

Check post #453. ?

Dunno how I missed it. I tried to PM Buddies last year but it said his message box was full :?  Oh well, glad there is movement on this and it's always nice to see a long time memeber like Buddies (and soon Willard) return to the stomping grounds :)

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Dunno how I missed it. I tried to PM Buddies last year but it said his message box was full :?  Oh well, glad there is movement on this and it's always nice to see a long time memeber like Buddies (and soon Willard) return to the stomping grounds :)

Do you really believe this...my friend?

I believe,what i see.....and btw.....

Toki for the Lynx is much better ?

At the moment,i lost interest on Toki 7800.

There is too much hype about a Not really good game.

I also tried to contact Willard...but the Mister never

answered,so everything is said ?

22 hours ago, Shawn said:

Thanks buddy!?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I have 200 cleaned shells and prepped PCB's, I am not sure I want to deal with it anymore, I am not fond of being ignored and also I am not fond of people disappearing in the middle of a project.  RevEng spent quite some time to convert it into NTSC, I made 2 protos for Willard, I guess that was good enough.  I don't think he even got a thank you.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Shawn said:

You talk to Willard as of late? Everything still a go for whatever is gonna happen with all this? Pretty excited to play Toki on my 7800 :grin:

He messaged me back and I’ll respond to him tomorrow. He’s aware of the post. I’m not sure how he plans to proceed with it but I’m sure it will get released. I thought he would have responded to you guys by now , I know he’s very busy. Patience though, he will drop in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

Whilst I have 200 cleaned shells and prepped PCB's, I am not sure I want to deal with it anymore, I am not fond of being ignored and also I am not fond of people disappearing in the middle of a project.  RevEng spent quite some time to convert it into NTSC, I made 2 protos for Willard, I guess that was good enough.  I don't think he even got a thank you.

I do apologize on his behalf , I didn’t know you guys were ready to go for the release. Ill message him tomorrow and tell him to contact you buddy. Sorry my friend. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

You are absolutely right....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gambler172 said:

You are absolutely right....

Thanks Walter, I spent money and time and RevEng and Trebor spent time creating and testing the NTSC conversion.  I lost the ROM, so whatever.

14 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Thanks Walter, I spent money and time and RevEng and Trebor spent time creating and testing the NTSC conversion.  I lost the ROM, so whatever.

There is only one way,he could expect forgiveness.......and that is.......giving the rom FREE for all....i am sure

everybody who likes the game,will buy a cart.And at first,he should pay YOU.

I also lost any interest,cause i tried to contact the MISTER and he never answered.....so many people are pissed off.

So what can he expect?

3 hours ago, gambler172 said:

giving the rom FREE for all

I think that it has been stated the binary will be released the whole time. I thought it was gonna get a cart release and then the binary would be shared at the time or afterwards. I might be wrong but that is the impression I got since this was first posted about. 

5 hours ago, Shawn said:

I think that it has been stated the binary will be released the whole time. I thought it was gonna get a cart release and then the binary would be shared at the time or afterwards. I might be wrong but that is the impression I got since this was first posted about. 

Correctomundo.  They opted to hold back on the binary because Willard wanted the physical release.  If that's no longer possible, hopefully he can at least give the ROM the go ahead.  I realize Buddy said his friend was busy but it takes a couple minutes to log on and at least say hi.