IGNORED

Toki Prototype For 7800 Discovered!

Willard

15 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

If that's no longer possible

Well, I am still sitting on all the EPROM's I bought for it, cleaned shells and many pre-soldered PCB's.  But still no word from Willard is not promising, like you said, it takes minutes to log on and post something.  Maybe another year?  Two?

12 hours ago, Greg2600 said:

I realize Buddy said his friend was busy but it takes a couple minutes to log on and at least say hi.

Yeah that's a total BS excuse. We're all busy. The guy obviously just doesn't care, which is his prerogative, but we probably shouldn't be making excuses for him so that he can attempt to save face. 

I don't see anything as saving face or the like. Some people have zero interest in things where others are all in. I think this is one of the cases. Does it suck for all those that are excited? Sure does but that's not gonna change anything in the meantime.

On 8/4/2020 at 7:23 PM, Shawn said:

I don't see anything as saving face or the like. Some people have zero interest in things where others are all in. I think this is one of the cases. Does it suck for all those that are excited? Sure does but that's not gonna change anything in the meantime.

Well....MISTER did the same with the guys in the 

Lynx forum.....should i be happy??? Same like CPUWIZ happened there to some guys,i know....?

11 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Lynx forum.....should i be happy??? Same like CPUWIZ happened there to some guys,i know....?

See I have no clue about anything he does or did with the Lynx stuff.  I don't own a Lynx so I don't keep up with anything about it.

On 8/4/2020 at 7:23 PM, Shawn said:

do I see a (greenish)grin... ?

... somewhere far back there,

or just... a smile of catching the fish, not knowing if its ever eatable?

On 8/3/2020 at 8:15 PM, CPUWIZ said:

Well, I am still sitting on all the EPROM's I bought for it, cleaned shells and many pre-soldered PCB's.  But still no word from Willard is not promising, like you said, it takes minutes to log on and post something.  Maybe another year?  Two?

Could those pcb's, eproms and shells be used for the half dozen developers that are making games? 

This whole episode stressed some people out.. the stupid part is it did not have to be that way. I would expect an apology from Willard to all that were involved putting in the work to make it a game. 

I personally hate the way you all have been disrespected so bad that I will not purchase the game or download the rom. Fuck em.

Edited by Jinks

12 minutes ago, Jinks said:

Could those pcb's, eproms and shells be used for the half dozen developers that are making games? 

Of course they can. CPUWIZ has made thousands of these boards. 100 of them is nothing much and could even end up on there way to Albert for AA games if this was a nothing burger, which it's not. As for the shells? He likes to hoard them, just ask him. He would have had all this stuff around even if the name Toki was never mentioned. I think up and leaving without even a "thanks for all the fish" in the middle of a deal for 100 cartridges was the slap in the face that left him sour. Especially after just going through the exact same thing with Arkyology. Now all the work that RevEng put into programming this thing from a playable PAL to a polished NTSC version that had to stay locked up behind closed doors? That is another bag of apples altogether. These are just my observations from publicly stated comments so take from it what you will.  I see this Toki game coming out and I myself look forward to playing Rev's completed version in NTSC format. Really wish I didn't delete the original ZIP file with the PAL proto in it years ago that Willard sent me when it was just being figured out what the hell this actually was and if it was anything worth while.

37 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

The most horrifying thing stated in this entire thread so far.

:P

Yes, I know. It's blasphemous. I had one many years ago but it just didn't have enough games I liked to justify keeping it around. Neat little system and it should have been a bigger deal than it was back in the day for sure. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Yes, I know. It's blasphemous. I had one many years ago but it just didn't have enough games I liked to justify keeping it around. Neat little system and it should have been a bigger deal than it was back in the day for sure. 

Throw it in the trash-bin and 

reload its software on emu...

Since emu is making it ‘everlasting’...

- - -

Ever... c...???

- - -

Do I see a grin back there...?

Edited by Giles N

15 minutes ago, Giles N said:

Who’ll keep Atari alive...?

What do you mean? Anyone with a pulse can see that Atari lives on Atariage!!!

In many ways I like Atari the company better that it is gone.. the guys that works on games etc. try way harder to not make a steaming pile of a game. One major example I can think of is these programmers today consider we can hear the game sounds and do not appreciate dying cat sounds..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2020 at 9:00 PM, Shawn said:

(...) with Arkyology.

Now all the work that RevEng put into programming this thing from a playable PAL to a polished NTSC version that had to stay locked up behind closed doors? That is another bag of apples altogether. These are just my observations from publicly stated comments so take from it what you will.  I see this Toki game coming out and I myself look forward to playing Rev's completed version in NTSC format. Really wish I didn't delete the original ZIP file with the PAL proto in it years ago that Willard sent me when it was just being figured out what the hell this actually was and if it was anything worth while.

Oh no, the 1.st PAL version went out the window,

... other await some other version, - hmm, 

... a completed version somewhere out there...

Edited by Giles N

On 8/8/2020 at 12:06 AM, gambler172 said:

Was?  Ich gehe niemals in das Forum?  Was redest Du?  Zeig mir.

14 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Was?  Ich gehe niemals in das Forum?  Was redest Du?  Zeig mir.

Ich mein doch damit,dass du auf den Boards sitzt...

und was Aehnliches einigen Lynx Usern,die ich kenne passiert ist.....Sorry,du warst nicht auf Lynx bezogen,sondern auf 7800.

Sorry fuer das Missverstaendniss....war bischen schlecht ausgedrückt

On 8/8/2020 at 2:58 PM, Shawn said:

Certain blasphemy! There's a ton of great games on Lynx all back from the day.

• Like 1