IGNORED

Toki Prototype For 7800 Discovered!

Willard

• 4 weeks later...

Well, this is good news. I check back in here after a few months after Dr. Venkman mentioned there was an update [communication with the chap].  And we definitely need a lot more good news to balance out the passings of John Skrutch and Curt Vendel in the past two months.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 5:33 AM, turboxray said:

I'm more surprised that a 7800 game was in development in 1993, than this being a prototype. Wow. Who exactly was the target audience in 1993????

Same here considering titles like Chronicles Of Cute were moved to the ST from the 7800 and renamed as Chronicles Of Omega and released in 1990.

• 8 months later...
On 9/4/2020 at 3:00 AM, CPUWIZ said:

Current delay is on me, working on a multi million dollar set of code (all mine).  But hopefully soon.

Dear @CPUWIZ, is there any chance that you post the game here in the near future? Now that I have a Dragonfly cartridge I'd love to play the PAL version of the game on original hardware... ?

2 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I thought we'd finally tracked the owner down and the release was going to happen?  What happened?

Life, lack of time and motivation.  Gimme, Gimme, Gimme doesn't help either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaden (JRH) said:

Never, apparently.

Then it was only of mediocre interest to me.

Or less than mediocre interest.

But heck, got enough interesting stuff (... even if some titles seems to be taking their time of becoming of general availability [pokey-homebrews]...)

Edited by Giles N

I was fairly interested in this, just because it's a lost game and I strongly believe in preserving games and having them be playable to everybody. And it's for the 7800, which is a system I really love. So, of course I'm gonna want to see something like this get released, especially if it's a one of a kind title like this. It is kinda sad to see this get brushed away. I mean, it's not gonna kill me if this never gets released. It's still sad that it had to meet this fate. But if that's how it has to be, than so be it I guess.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 7800Knight said:

I want Toki for the Atari 7800!

I'm not surprised that this game may have been envisioned for the European market; the first place I encounter the Toki arcade game was in Italy!

I have seen the arcade machine a few times in the US. It didn't seem to be especially rare. At least there are other nice ports of the game. I also like the Genesis game, though it's very different. 

• Like 2