IGNORED

Toki Prototype For 7800 Discovered!

Willard

Just now, Giles N said:

Why not...?

Do you go into Best Buy and yell, hey everyone, you should really sell your shit at Target?

Probably not, since you may not have them in Norway.  This is not really a discussion, since this is an independent release anyway. ;)

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Do you go into Best Buy and yell, hey everyone, you should really sell your shit at Target?

Probably not, since you may not have them in Norway.  This is not really a discussion, since this is an independent release anyway. ;)

No, right, I’m not aquainted with either Best Buy nor Target, but to make the issue very short and precise: will it be put on carts, and if yes, by whom? If, no. Well, - I guess end of discussion.

5 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Um, because this site is AtariAge, and AtariAge happens to be probably the largest publisher of carts for retro-systems in the world today, maybe?

Or did you not realize the site has a Store

Yes, I’ve noticed they have a store.

And I’ve noticed that titles like ‘Sirius’, ‘Plutos’ and ‘Klax’ aren’t available, and for several other orders I’ve paid and placed, my clear impression is that AtariAge store is overworked.

So, that were the practical reasons.

Edited by Giles N

1 hour ago, CPUWIZ said:

I think you should really read the entire thread. :)

Ok, - it will be quite a bit to go through, so I’ll see if I find time.

Sorry if I overlooked something.

Edited by Giles N

41 minutes ago, Giles N said:

@CPUWIZ

@DrVenkman

Thinking about, I agree with you both.

Lets put aside this distracting sub-topic and get back to the threads main-topic: the release of Toki.

Have any of you played it (either in part or playthrough)?

What do you think about it?

I did a review of it here: 

http://www.atariprotos.com/7800/software/toki/toki.htm

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cousin Vinnie said:

What's Willard's website for those of us not cool enough to get the iggy?

The releases are always announced on AtariAge along with an email address for ordering. The website is currently down (link is in first post of this thread), not sure if it will be back. Priority is to complete things that are in process first.

Edit: Didn't see CPUWIZ's response when I posted this.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 7

On 5/13/2021 at 3:09 PM, MattelAquarius said:

'Tis better to not have lived love enough, than to never have lived love at all.

Last I check this chat was started on January 28, 2015 and how many folks you think was waiting for the game to be uploaded passed on before they could play the game? So many prototype of unreleased games like Cloak and Dagger never saw the light of day.

1 hour ago, Atariboy2600 said:

Last I check this chat was started on January 28, 2015 and how many folks you think was waiting for the game to be uploaded passed on before they could play the game? So many prototype of unreleased games like Cloak and Dagger never saw the light of day.

I cannot answer that question.  My post was just making light of the typo in your statement.  "Live love enough" instead of "live long enough".  ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Atariboy2600 said:

If anyone was wanting to play Toki that bad there is always the Arcade, NES & Genesis versions.

• Like 4

Crap, I waited too long, now Toki died (probably suicide). :|  Tried on 5 systems, it's gone, I heard faint bits whisper "Don't trap us inside a cart or let the beasts touch us.", then there was silence. ?

TokiDied.thumb.gif.2d4f0024d8013d5b9e400c0b4ec4f1f1.gif

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Crap, I waited too long, now Toki died (probably suicide). :|  Tried on 5 systems, it's gone, I heard faint bits whisper "Don't trap us inside a cart or let the beasts touch us.", then there was silence. ?

TokiDied.thumb.gif.2d4f0024d8013d5b9e400c0b4ec4f1f1.gif

I think I’d be more worried if several die-hard 7800-fans & collectors, commit suicide after finally playing Toki...

Edited by Giles N
  • Haha 2