IGNORED

Toki Prototype For 7800 Discovered!

Willard

On 1/28/2015 at 5:04 PM, Tempest said:

Wow! I never expected this would be found. This is what I have on my site about it:

Too bad I sold my 7800. I guess there's always emulators. :)

I'm glad I got mine last year this month, thanks goes out once again to both @CPUWIZ (for loaning me the $$$, in which has since been paid back in full) and also to Fred Quimby @batari for coming up with that pure stroke of genius when he finally finished the now-legendary Concerto multicart in which got me into "Lil' Sexy" (my name for the 7800) to go along with my 5200 (I have owned 3 5200 units since 1983) and a 2600 Jr. (also acquired in "Rocktober" last year), and then the 65XE in November and the XEGS in December taking delivery on (of all days) Xmas Eve if you can believe that. I KNIW all 5 of my systems are collector's items that are still usable and playable and with all the companies coming out with controllers and accessories galore for all 4 of them I'm not about to ditch them for anything, and I am on a budget to the point in which I am thinking of dropping Hulu + Live (in which I only watch occasionally for CNN, FS1/FS2, ESPN/ESPN2, ESPN+ and NBCSN) and Peacock (Only got it for the Arsenal matches not shown on NBCSN) and simply focus on our rooftop antenna we have here at Bishop Park Apartments and my Atari ROMs collection (yes and carts of titles not on ROM files) and my entire music (tape/LP/CD/MiniDisc), MP3, MP4, VHS, BluRay, and DVD collections I already have. Yes I AM keeping my Roku box and CenturyLink DSL, but just for the web and free stuff on it like Pluto and other free apps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oky2000 said:

Where is the download link for PAL Toki? 

First you need to get passed the 1 person who has it. And won't release it.

I have given up hope. Announcing this game to show it off and do absolutely nothing with it was a total dick move. Some say "the game isn't even that good to begin with so who cares"... what you want to play doesn't matter because Toki sucks apparently regardless of your personal preference. That's what I was told atleast. 

5 years later..... 

Just go play it somewhere else. Like Genesis or Switch. 

Considering none of us are getting any younger and prominent people have died in recent times. Nothing should be held back. That rom should be FREE TO ANYONE because it technically should be in no ones posession. That game technically does not exist. Toki is a great game but have accepted this version is just lost to time.

All I hear in this place is how important preservation is.  And that may be true..... but does not apply here for some reason.

And it doesnt exactly inspire confidence in ever getting the chance to play it when a thread shows up here saying the guy who has it was hospitalized and almost died.

Because like I said no one here is getting any younger and I've got my own issues too... like the same ones ironically that almost killed the man holding Toki7800 hostage.

I am not a fan of this aging thing. I was good mostly in my 20's... 6 friends of mine have died in recent times. Either health related or accidents. Mostly health related. I find time much more valuable with each passing day.

I stopped caring about what I cant have and focus on all the new shit I can have.......

Like more games or liquid foods to not like die and stuff.

• Like 4

I honestly don't know what the current status of the prototype is.  Last I heard it was going to be released soon and CPUWIZ and Willard were working something out.  I promise when it's finally made available that there will be a big announcement with fireworks, balloons, and announcements will be made in all fashionable magazines and colour supplements.  Until that time everyone is just going to have to hold tight.  The rom has been preserved so it's not going to be lost.  That's the best I can tell you.

Name calling and demands aren't going to get you anywhere.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I honestly don't know what the current status of the prototype is.  Last I heard it was going to be released soon and CPUWIZ and Willard were working something out.  I promise when it's finally made available that there will be a big announcement with fireworks, balloons, and announcements will be made in all fashionable magazines and colour supplements.  Until that time everyone is just going to have to hold tight.  The rom has been preserved so it's not going to be lost.  That's the best I can tell you.

Name calling and demands aren't going to get you anywhere.

The PAL proto isn't what people are gonna want, it's gonna be the NTSC conversion with fixes that they will want. I think everyone is better off not even considering this as something that is going to be released in a timely manor. After 5 years you would think that message was pretty clear. One guy found it, another guy fixed it and yet another guy was gonna put it on cartridges for the first guy to sell. That was years ago now. Does it totally suck for those that wanted to buy this? Sure does. Would it have been better if it wasn't mentioned as something that was gonna be for sale at all? Probably, ya. Is there anything anyone can do it about? Nope.

The few who are attached to this clearly have other things going on or it would have happened long ago. Everyone just needs to forget this was even scheduled to be a thing cause as of right now, it's a 5 year running nothing burger.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 5/25/2021 at 8:26 AM, MattelAquarius said:

Toki will cure what ails you.

Toki will heal all wounds.

Toki without Pokey, will make you feel all right.

It will make your heart swoon.

My 7800 and me are linked,

like Elliot and E.T.

When it gets Toki in its cartridge slot,

My heart flower will bloom;

You'll see!

Can we all just take a moment and appreciate this poetry, though?

*shoves Toki in the Lynx and is happy*