IGNORED

Finally, a good fighter...

CyranoJ

I've seen the topic and I thought DeathSword. ;) I've not try this game out before.

I would say Golden Axe as a good fighter, which maybe I thought of because they have the "Death Adder" in that game.

Anyway CJ kewl, have to try this, looks kinda Spy Hunter-ish.

Wow! I played lots of Action Fighter on the Sega Master System. Playing it on the Jaguar would be a real treat!

Now I've got to somehow pick up a Skunkboard ...

As a 400K file this should play on the Jag CD just fine, or even BJL.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was playing this game today and since there's no sound, I decided to play my irons soldier 2 soundtrack on another device while playing, the techno-industrial music goes well with this game

• 1 month later...

I was playing this game today and since there's no sound, I decided to play my irons soldier 2 soundtrack on another device while playing, the techno-industrial music goes well with this game

Is the Iron soldier soundtrack on the Jag CD version, and also playable as a music CD in a hi-fi?

Is the Iron soldier soundtrack on the Jag CD version, and also playable as a music CD in a hi-fi?

All Jaguar CD games that use CD audio can be played with a regular CD audio player. CD audio tracks are in session one (like regular CDs) while the game data is in session 2.

Robert

All Jaguar CD games that use CD audio can be played with a regular CD audio player. CD audio tracks are in session one (like regular CDs) while the game data is in session 2.

Robert

Are all the games like that? I only have a few CD games, but I kind of remembered something having the audio not in session 0 but in sessions 1+ as data tracks. It's possible it was Soul Star or... bah, I just really don't remember.

dannyglover.webm

• Like 1

Are all the games like that? I only have a few CD games, but I kind of remembered something having the audio not in session 0 but in sessions 1+ as data tracks. It's possible it was Soul Star or... bah, I just really don't remember.

dannyglover.webm

Hmmm, now you say that, that is possible too. I should check it out. There is at least one audio track saying it is a jaguar cd.

• Like 1

I've checked the Atari CDs. Session one usually contains a message that it is an Jaguar CD or a little piece of music. For three games it contains the CD audio used in the game.

Session 2 contains the game data but some tracks appear to have audio data as well. For example some tracks of Baldies if you slow them down 10 times contains music interleaved with data (seems the movies). Some Battlesphere tracks seem to have also audio interleaved with data sounding like there is some subliminal message in there. There was no game that had CD audio is session 2 except for World Tour racing of which track 9 had only right channel audio for 28 minutes.

So usually if a game uses CD-audio it is in session one but there are only not that much CD games that use CD-audio tracks.

Robert

• Baldies: One audio track, the music from the introduction animation. Game does not use CD audio in session 2.
  • BattleMorph: One audio track, music. Game does not use CD audio in session 2.
  • Blue Lightning: One audio track, music. Game does not use CD audio in session 2.
  • Brain Dead 13: One audio track, audio of the introduction video. Game does not use CD audio in session 2.
  • Dragon's Lair: One audio track, audio of the introduction video. Game does not use CD audio in session 2.
  • Highlander. One audio track, CD for use with Jaguar. Game does not use CD audio in session 2.
  • HoverStrike: 5 audio tracks from the game. Game does not use CD audio in session 2.
  • Iron Soldier II: 11 audio tracks from the game. Game does not use CD audio in session 2.
  • Myst: One audio track, music. Game does not use CD audio in session 2.
  • Primal Rage: 29 audio tracks from the game. Game does not use CD audio in session 2.
  • SoulStar: One audio track, CD for use with Jaguar. Game does not use CD audio in session 2.
  • Space Ace: One audio track, audio of the introduction video. Game does not use CD audio in session 2.
  • VidGrid: One audio track, CD for use with Jaguar. Game does not use CD audio in session 2.
  • World Tour Racing: 2 Audio tracks but only noise. In session 2, track 9 contain 28 minute of right channel audio only, several songs.
  • Like 5

• 1 year later...