IGNORED

Hacky! Slashy!

CyranoJ

Well, got the fighters to appear.... they're running at warpspeed at the moment, which is a good sign for final game speed :D

Got a bit of corruption at the edges of the screen, will have to find out what that is... and map input.

Sound is all digital samples, so hopefully that won't be a problem for this.

post-11520-0-85141000-1422673668_thumb.pngpost-11520-0-10486300-1422673675_thumb.png

Barbarian.ABS

• Like 3

OK, here we go:

Number 1 on DPAD 1 - start single player game

Number 1 on DPAD 2 - start multiplayer game

Input all hooked up - sound effects working...

Little bit of corrupted GFX, but not tooooo bad. Will try and 100% later.

Barbarian.ABS

FINALLY, a good fighter (for real this time)

Not a bad 2 hours work :D

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 3

I certainly can't complain, thanks again.

I fear that precious work time will be wasted with friends at the office next Monday because of this ;-) . I'll see if I can get a vid posted when that time comes.

As a quick note, just in case it might be a bug, second player's sword button wasn't working the first time I dropped it to the jag through the skunk. Moving around worked fine for player two and one, but only player one was able to swing his sword. I was worried that the buttons went out on my second controller, so, I turned the system off, swapped player one and player two controllers, started the game again, and everything worked for both player one and two. I double checked, switched the controllers again to the original situation where the problem occured the first time, and everything worked.

Not sure if it was my system warming up or what... I have reloaded the game 9-10 times now to try to reproduce the bug with no luck. Not much help I know, I can't seem to reproduce the problem for testing, but thought I should post it in case someone else runs into the problem.

Pic for fun. I love how simple but fun this game is, especially the reactions generated during multiplayer.

barbarian_skunk.jpg

• Like 3

Not a bad 2 hours work :D

Not bad at all. :D Really am enjoying seeing the Jag get a little more selection of games like the ST. Nice having a system that can not only handle fun "16 bit" titles, but also go above and beyond too. Me, I never minded "16 bit" as long as the game was fun.

• Like 1

I kind of remember it being good two player, but there was a move you could spam one player that broke the game.

We never played it for real, as in tactically. We always just tried to chop the head off, no other victory was acceptable. :P

Certainly did not help in actually learning the game or noticing design flaws.^^

• Like 2

sei un grande grande cyrano !!

Well...Don't you see AA forum is in english? There are people from a lot of different countries here and we all do the effort to write in english except you who write in italian almost nobody can understand.

What if I was writing in french, some other in german, in spanish and so on? You should understand it would be impossible to have a discussion without sharing a common langage all together.

Well, got the fighters to appear.... they're running at warpspeed at the moment, which is a good sign for final game speed :D

WOW, this is like Barbarian turbo! :-o :-o Maybe we can keep this speed as part of the game setup so that way, we can turn on the turbo mode or turn it off for standard speed! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Just like Street Fighter II turbo! :D :D

Edited by walter_J64bit

just common sense...

Hmm, I was actually refering to CyranoJ. A couple of hours to port a game like this to Jag, wow.

As for the 'english only' debate, I just read that now. Maybe it should be in the rules, if it isn't there already. But then again, italian is such a romantic language... :)

Hmm, I was actually refering to CyranoJ. A couple of hours to port a game like this to Jag, wow.

As for the 'english only' debate, I just read that now. Maybe it should be in the rules, if it isn't there already. But then again, italian is such a romantic language... :)

Did Danielle knows you are falling in love for him? LOL

Edited by Felyx