IGNORED

Interesting Jag stuff in old magazines.

JAGUAR

You definitely have a passion for this and a level of knowledge for the subject. If you can put that all down into a concise document with all the relevant links to further reading and evidence, you've got a really valuable resource. It'd probably be worthy of a sticky/pinned thread, IMO.

• Like 3

The passion i do have and in effect it's been built on the foundation of paying bloody good money for professional publications over the years and putting yet more money behind various systems as i'd been led to believe games X,Y and Z were a-coming and now i'd like to find out just why they never arrived.

More often than not of late it seems UK Press, were in effect creating the stories they wanted, be it to fill pages, draw in readers or for reasons i've yet to discover, but the fact remains a lot of what was presented in respected magazines does'nt hold up when examined closely.
Then there's been the various 'community' claims with articles written, video's posted, comments left that would of indicated person X spoke to person Y, hell words put in mouth of person Y, then as soon as lowlyy posters like ourselves ask person Y about said quote/claims, you find person X did no such thing.

Only reason i bring the latter point up is this-People like myself and others acting on my behalf/doing similar investigations, end up wasting yet more time, looking into such fantasy claims, as despite there never being a shred of physical evidence, you cannot afford to ignore the slightest chance there might be something too it.Basically if your looking to be taken seriousily as a writer, i'd suggest just putting out the material as you recieve it, not making up claims about who you spoke too or altering answers to questions given, as it only ends in tears before bedtime.

I know my stuff is Red Raw, standards of grammar etc would shame a UK Education minister etc, but what you see has been submitted exactly as i asked it and how it was answered.

I don't have the 'means' let alone the skills to 'work' my raw material into the shape it needs to be, that's why i interview on behalf of likes of GTW/Unseen 64/ST Gamer etc, let them fashion it how they best see fit.

(cont)...

I have made..'approaches' to see what can be done on here with what i've provided already and have ideas of how Atari Age is probably THE best place to host future atari related interviews of mine.

Exception is the one i've done on behalf of GTW (2 weeks on, still no reply to questions sent) and anything already given to ST Gamer etc.

Just done an interview on behalf of Unseen64, thanks to being forwarded a contacts email, they'd tried numerous times to contact 2 certain sources, never had any joy, i said i'd have a crack, sent std approach email....Bingo, one replied within 48 hrs, cue interview questions sent.

If someone wants to mould the material i provide into a readable thread, i'm happy to work with them.

• 1 month later...

Mentioned this elsewhere, but RVG have secured an interview with ATD's Fred Gill, i've forwarded a good few questions to be asked on my behalf, inc issues like the bug testing work they did for Atari on the Jaguar Chipset, how they felt about being contractually obliged to finish Battlemorph etc, but i've also asked about how 'real' those early Blue Lightning Jag CD screens actually were, as they looked far better than the finished game, so i've my fingers crossed we can add another piece to the jigsaw of truth behind screens/stories in press regarding Jaguar at the time.

Plus Fellow poster on here today has kindly shared info on the EWJ conversion to Jag CD...so things are still coming in at a decent rate.

If you could have a section where you could post all the interviews you've done - one per post, all in a nice concise format - that would be great. All this 'stuff out' with 'unknown' or 'can't say yet' just spreads everything thin all over the forum (sometimes multiple sections, sometimes multiple posts chain posted like a crack addict!)

Once you get your results back, format them up, and post them - some of the questions and answers have been great, but picking those out from the hundreds of posts every day isn't easy!

I'm not suggesting you stop posting, just that you clean up the presentation :)

:-) Some of the multiple post stuff is 'beyond' my control as limited text i can put, via only browser that'll let me sign in on here....

Plus, the part quotes from interviews yet to appear in full appear here/now as it'll be months before full interviews appear in Classic Console mag as so far Josh has used 2 of the 6 Exclusives i've done for him and i've no idea of who he's going to use next.
But your right, i'll wait till answers come back in on the 'can't say' stuff in future and work on the presentation.
It's my nature to post in a chaotic fashion and i've always been one to just send others the info, let them present it as they feel best...
  • Like 2

It's my nature to post in a chaotic fashion and i've always been one to just send others the info, let them present it as they feel best...

That's why I thought the blog approach might work better for you, but I suppose a blog post doesn't always get the same attention as regular forum post.

Anyway, maybe CJ will take his own advice and have one messy megathread with all st "ports" and downloads crammed in and all over the shop. :lolblue:

Sobs...but...but..i did ask (nicely an all) for some kind MOD to create a new, lovely, Lemon Fresh clean 'Lost Jaguar' Games thread, throwing all the 'randoms' i'd found via misc emails and interviews which i could update as an when new stuff came in, but....it never happened.

:-) Chaos ensued, children went upfed, beards grown and wept into, an Lo, a mighty torrent of ST Games now running on Jaguar Threads appeared alongside Lost Dragons insane ramblings.....
  • Like 1