IGNORED

Atari 8-bit Software Preservation Initiative

Farb

It's fun to load these .atx files into Altirra and see a lot of these titles in un-cracked/mutilated form. :P Nice to know that functionality is part of the awesomeness that is Avery's work.

I was wondering if anyone has considered adapting Avery's GPL disk format code into something like RespeQt so we can use these files on real hardware. The current release of RespeQt is stable and very usable with standard .atr files and even has limited support for AtariMax .pro files, but no one has worked .atx support into it yet. Joey Z. is a busy guy these days and RespeQt development has basically come to halt, as he was the driving force from the beginning of the fork off of AspeQt.

• Like 2

I was wondering if anyone has considered adapting Avery's GPL disk format code into something like RespeQt so we can use these files on real hardware.

I have been working with the author of the SDrive Max to add ATX support. It currently supports quite a few ATX files and the next version will support even more. It can be used with real hardware.

Another option is APE with the VAPI plugin.

• Like 3

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:04df7f398b1849428cb9075187ae0c4633b0a2e9&dn=Atari8bitPreservedSoftware2018-6-21.zip

see if the ISP's loves you!

I wanted to point out that this is a new release of the torrent that _The Doctor__ has kindly kicked off for us.

This release is massive with way more changes than I can reasonably list here. It is worth pointing out that this is the first release to feature enhanced density ATX files. A big thanks to Ijor and phaeron for making this happen!

There were so many contributors to this release over the past several months that it is hard to mention everyone individually. I especially want to thank Fred, Mr. Bacardi, BigBen, erichenneke and many others who provided contributions of original disks and/or dumps. As always, Djaybee, Kr0tki and Ijor were instrumental in helping get dumps analyzed. And Fred and Mr. Robot saved me a ton of time QA'ing this new torrent after my massive database refactoring and generation script rewrite.

I hope everyone enjoys the new release and thanks again to everyone who contributed!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 7

We now have 8 seeding.

may go down as some peeps shut off for the night...

most connections are running at 2.5 MiB or better...

I'd try again and make sure you client handle DHT and trackerless protocols properly..

The only other problem would be if your IP was blocked by the server, pm your ip and I'll check...

8 seeds 3 peers, chugging right along...

_The Doctor__

Edited by _The Doctor__

727.4 MiB double compressed zip , 17 seeds 8 peers, with most capable of feeding 15-30Mbit leechingz :)

Please locate every original disk you can find and have it preserved, scp, kryo, bit and compared to be stored for your backup reconstitution needs.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

Thanks to the guys that did the torrent tidy, its down to their very hard work that the torrent is ready..

So Farb, Mr Robot, Fred_M, The Doctor and Djaybee, thank you..You deserve a virtual beer / soda/ water / whatever.. :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

I started another torrent. icon_smile.gif

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:A6EMEFITMPOCYC52NHE54LG25NJYPQ2Q&dn=Atari8bitPreservedSoftware2018-6-21.zip&net=Public&net=I2P

Edited by voy