IGNORED

Atari 8-bit Software Preservation Initiative

Farb

There is more to come, I have another 50 disks to archive , they are all 90 K disks, hey AtariFrog, how do I take an atr file and convert it to an XFD so I can write a disk with my Xformer cable? (After tomorrow I won't have to do this as I will have got my 10502USB device from Poland. Russ

• Like 1

All done, everything is archived from the Kwest Library, the only thing to do is to reindex all of these files, once my Atari 600XL is upgraded to 64 K of memory tomorrow I will start on that one, and upload the list here. I will add numbers that are missing to the disks that do not have a number thus making the collection more complete. The zip file is jjust under 7 megs in size and has everything that is in that black case. 3 disks were unreadable , and only 3 disks, I will send them off to be archived with a kyroflux, one of them is Diskkeeper, do we have that one already ???? It has a bad sector at sector 105.

Complete Atari 8 Bit Kwest Library.zip

Enjoy these files, I am looking at getting more from private collections, hopefully I will get the Kwest Atari ST library , I know who might have it..... Russ

• Like 12

All done, everything is archived from the Kwest Library, the only thing to do is to reindex all of these files, once my Atari 600XL is upgraded to 64 K of memory tomorrow I will start on that one, and upload the list here. I will add numbers that are missing to the disks that do not have a number thus making the collection more complete. The zip file is jjust under 7 megs in size and has everything that is in that black case. 3 disks were unreadable , and only 3 disks, I will send them off to be archived with a kyroflux, one of them is Diskkeeper, do we have that one already ???? It has a bad sector at sector 105.

Complete Atari 8 Bit Kwest Library.zip

Enjoy these files, I am looking at getting more from private collections, hopefully I will get the Kwest Atari ST library , I know who might have it..... Russ

It does NOT look like we even have a dump of Diskkeeper at all, so it would be great to try to Kryoflux that one.

Thank you for all your hard work!

-Todd

I had these in my archived collection, if they will help at all?

--Tim

Thanks, Tim.

I'll let Farb know about these. I'm not in a place where I can test them right now. In order to be considerered "preserved", we try to find two dumps from different sources that compare the same. If we can compare your dumps to a Kryoflux dump of rcamp48's version we might be able to mark it "preserved"!

-Todd

• Like 1

I had these in my archived collection, if they will help at all?

--Tim

Hey Tim, it's Frank here :-D :-D :-D

Thanks for Diskkeeper! How is it possible that you have Dutch software in your collection ;) We have preserved version 3 of Diskkeeper, but it seems like this is version 1 :)

Thanks again :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Hey Tim, it's Frank here :-D :-D :-D

Thanks for Diskkeeper! How is it possible that you have Dutch software in your collection ;) We have preserved version 3 of Diskkeeper, but it seems like this is version 1 :)

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Frank!!! How goes it, man!! ;) lol

I have no recollection on where I sourced those from, and I'm still slowly in the painful, tedious process of organizing the unsorted collection of files into their respective folders— which is bad enough. In fact, I didn't even load up the atrs before posting them; just did a file search to see if anything showed up and sure enough. . .

Version 1, though. Hmm... I'll need to note that in the filenames for future reference.

--Tim

• Like 1

Frank!!! How goes it, man!! ;) lol

I have no recollection on where I sourced those from, and I'm still slowly in the painful, tedious process of organizing the unsorted collection of files into their respective folders— which is bad enough. In fact, I didn't even load up the atrs before posting them; just did a file search to see if anything showed up and sure enough. . .

Version 1, though. Hmm... I'll need to note that in the filenames for future reference.

--Tim

Here is version 3 (I posted it many months ago), luckily I can read the Dutch texts :-D

Oh, in your zipfile the two Diskkeeper B40 files are Diskkeeper 1 by AMJ Soft. The third file DSKEEPR is a completely different product.

Diskkeeper_3_working.rar

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 2

I have renumbered all of trhe KWEST library disks and am re-imaging them, there were a few that I had missed, also I will be doing a new index of everything that is on them, and the only feasable way is to use the original disks (not an atr) with Disk Index 3.03. I have indexed trhem 3 times and each time I got an error 164 on the index filles, now I am using a brand new disk, but since I am only owning 1 1050 I am doing the re-archiving first, then the indexing.m I am retired, so I dojn't mind doing the hard work, the 1050 is conneted to an Atari ST with an Xformer cablle, I have a fast Ultrasatan connected to the Mega ST4, and 4 Mega ram. Its fast but notn as fast as my 10502USB device, still have notnreceived it, so I am doing the work all on the Mega ST4, except for the indexing , I will be using  my upgraded 600xl and 1050 drive for the indexing. (It cannot be in two places at once eh...). Russ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spy Vs Spy in HDMI on a memory modified only 600xl. Not too bad considering I am going from RF to AVI throught the VCR , and from there to a converter box to DMI, when I get my composite output installed on Thursday qwe will eliminate the RF and the VCR. Russ

• Like 1

Hmmm,

there are complete and incomplete tape versions of "Phantom" (maybe incomplete disk versions also).

I copied three tapes of Phantom:

- release by Tynesoft, 14 stages, sides a+b, seems to be complete ?!?

- release by Micro Value, 13 stages, one tapeside only, seems to be missing the last part ?!?

- release by Zeppelin Games, 13 stages, one tapeside only, seems to be missing the last part ?!?

Not sure about the disk version(s). Never get very far in this game (screen 1 or 2) with standard number of lives.

Think the comments at atarimania say something else, but that's how I have written it down (on my paper-notebook)...

• Like 2

Got my 10502USB device from Lotharek, seems that some of the disks in the KWEST library are enhanced density, starting with disk 1, gonna reread the whole set in as ATR files......scrap that other set its likely to have incomplete disks as I read them in with the Xformer cable, (It was all I had at the time, this Ltharek drvice is much better but slower on an unmodified drive).

Just a reminder that this is for the preservation of original disks that are not pirates or copies for the most part, and to verify or compare the various versions of the software as well as protections etc...  of course software that can not be had any other way is always nice in hopes that original images can be found and preserved at a future point. If a copy has protections intact, and the only preserved image is faulty or has no other original to back it up, a copied disk can help repair or verify part of the original.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1