IGNORED

Atari 8-bit Software Preservation Initiative

Farb

7 hours ago, firebottle said:

Goodness gracious... clicking on hundreds of files to download it all?!

Any chance you could just upload a zip file of the last several posts of attachments? Thanks!

Thanks for doing this @rcamp48.  Not sure if you want to delete the individual posts.

EDIT - new updated ZIP posted on the next page.

9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Thanks for doing this @rcamp48.  Not sure if you want to delete the individual posts.  For anyone keeping track, here's the 1st 400 downloads as a single ZIP.

Updated - for some reason, there were 418 disks posted, but your ZIP only had 200 or so.  Here's all 418 I downloaded.  Old file has been deleted.

First 418.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

@rcamp48 You seem to be a good software sleuth. I am searching for a disk called PicPrint Pro [IIRC] 6.2.  BITD, I sold exactly ONE copy of it for $15.00. I lost the source code LONG ago. I released a demo version of it that works, but prints graffiti all over the picture. I obfuscated the code to make it unhackable and I am not able to remove the graffiti now.

I appreciate anything you can find.

Sold by MKD Systems, Apollo PA

I phoned Carolyn Hoglin [nice lady] (who reviewed it favorably) but she didn't have it. I don't remember selling that one copy to her, so someone who bought it must have given it to her. Please don't look her up and bother her. It's been I don't know, 5-6 years since I spoke w/ her.

I have this, but I don't think it's what you're looking for (crashes for me).

Pic Print 2.atr

18 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

@rcamp48You seem to be a good software sleuth. I am searching for a disk called PicPrint Pro [IIRC] 6.2.  BITD, I sold exactly ONE copy of it for $15.00. I lost the source code LONG ago. I released a demo version of it that works, but prints graffiti all over the picture. I obfuscated the code to make it unhackable and I am not able to remove the graffiti now.

I phoned Carolyn Hoglin [nice lady] (who reviewed it favorably) but she didn't have it. I don't remember selling that one copy to her, so someone who bought it must have given it to her. Please don't look her up and bother her. It's been I don't know, 5-6 years since I spoke w/ her.

Sadly, if it sold at that level, then the pirates would never have picked it up, so it vanishes..

I looked through all my stuff and it's a no here

19 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

@rcamp48 You seem to be a good software sleuth. I am searching for a disk called PicPrint Pro [IIRC] 6.2.  BITD, I sold exactly ONE copy of it for $15.00. I lost the source code LONG ago. I released a demo version of it that works, but prints graffiti all over the picture. I obfuscated the code to make it unhackable and I am not able to remove the graffiti now.

Kyle22,

Do you remember advertising it somewhere? Even something like a couple of lines in a user group magazine? Or was it listed/mentioned in any shareware/public domain catalog?

I checked out that picprint2 file, it is a k file that is missing part of the info, @Zarx do you have a regular atr of it, ??? there is data missing from it, if you have a 92 K atr I may be able to do something with it, it is definitely the file that we are looking for, all I know is that it is a k file, it boots as far as the main menu then crashes. Russ

Edit : its just a bad atr from the Holmes collection, I fixed it so its readable by sector editors

Edited by rcamp48
addition to post

35 minutes ago, rcamp48 said:

I checked out that picprint2 file, it is a k file that is missing part of the info, @Zarx do you have a regular atr of it, ??? there is data missing from it, if you have a 92 K atr I may be able to do something with it, it is definitely the file that we are looking for, all I know is that it is a k file, it boots as far as the main menu then crashes. Russ

Edit : its just a bad atr from the Holmes collection, I fixed it so its readable by sector editors

No, just this file unfortunately. I can get it to load further using AltirraOS for 400/800 but it crashes again when the data stops at sector 96.

OK I can copy the sectors from the atr I fixed and the original, it seems to start on sector 4 , does anyone know how to copy from sectors 4 to ??? and create an xex from the file, I was thinking of a few users here that can do this, the pic print 2 file comes from the holmes collection, it can be turned into an xex file if I can figure out how many sectors, etc, I was able to read the file with scanalyzer from Alpha Systems.

Russ

The atr file from Pic Print 2 is definitely is supposed to have a DOS directory, I can trace that in the file, maybe a dos directory has to be rebuilt, its either protected, or has a hidden dos directory, I may be able to lead it in with my 130 XE and use Omnimon XL to create a file from memory, but I have forgotten how to use Omnimon XL. 

I am going to use Omnimon XL to create a floppy disk with my 130  XE and a 1050 disk drive, I have the fixed atr on my fujinet and can see where the should go, but I will need help from you, Kyle, posibly a copy of the shareware version that has all of the needed files on it, right now I am using atr2disk to write out a 720 K disk .

1 minute ago, Kyle22 said:

I did NOT copy protect it.

OK I am working on the file right now and will use OmnimonXL to create a disk, do you have a copy of the disc that you have , the shareware disk can be used, I need to know an idea of the directory layout oin it.

I don't know where it is now. I was a member of Spectrum Atari Group of Erie. If you can find their Librarian who has the library now... It may be there. I haven't talked to any of them for a WHILE. I talked to someone years ago and got excuses about who has the Library. We had a GREAT LIbrary. I want it back.

Edited by Kyle22
typo