IGNORED

Atari 8-bit Software Preservation Initiative

Farb

20 minutes ago, rcamp48 said:

Today I am going to go through my set of 250 floppy disks and just see what there is there , who knows there may be a gem in there somewhere. Also I have a 10 MB file full of Atari MUS files , don't know where I got it , I found it somewhere in my browsing and cannot find it again, if it is worth posting I will put a link up for it. These are all of the BBS Music files from the 80s. Here is the link, there are enough Mus files to make it worthwhile:

BBS Music Files from the 80s in one zip file

Russ

PS: Farb: I do not know if these are somewhere in the archives , but there are a lot of BBS music file in this zip file.

rcamp48. I don't believe your last two posts fall into the scope of the topic, which is for preserving original commercial floppy's.  Please keep these to your's or other relevant topics.

18 hours ago, Farb said:

They have already slowly been making their way onto the website. When it will all be finished, I cannot say. I interleave that work along with all the other things that need to be done.

So far I've only seen thumbnails, is there somewhere to see the full resolution versions?

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my humble contribution to this awesome project.  I downloaded the July archive and did not see this in there.  This is the disk version of Close Assault.  I did see the tape version in the archive.

Also, not sure if any others have had this happen, but trying to download the 2G archive within Chrome always gave me a truncated file (around 600M).  Was able to wget it on my Linux box.  Just an FYI.

I haven't done this in quite a while so I've attached the .scp (zipped).  I will have to figure out how to convert to an atr file.

EDIT: deleted attachment, seems to not work after converting to .atx w/ a8rawconf.  Will work on this some more.

errors.txt

Edited by telengard
Removed non-working image, sorry about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Been a little quiet in here lately.  Funny how as soon as the weather starts getting chilly, I start spinning my desk chair around more often wondering what Atari related fun I should plan for this winter.  Which brings me to wondering when the hinted at "next big update" might be on it's way.  Hope this is not an annoying question.  Just curious.  Can't wait to dive in.

PXL_20211019_151818882.jpg

• 1 month later...

Conversational German - WAVs (1.5Gb)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13XjovsLK5eu6dIWUBCZgiw_r5D3S0cjs/view?usp=sharing

Tested with Altirra - I can now fluently count to twenty and ask how to get to the bus station.

Just scanned the cassettes as the docs are massive and available on Atari Mania - http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-conversational-german_1334.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Zarxx said:

Conversational German - WAVs (1.5Gb)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13XjovsLK5eu6dIWUBCZgiw_r5D3S0cjs/view?usp=sharing

Tested with Altirra - I can now fluently count to twenty and ask how to get to the bus station.

Just scanned the cassettes as the docs are massive and available on Atari Mania - http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-conversational-german_1334.html

Now to figure out how to say, "that is a beautiful poodle, may I pet it?"  ?

2 hours ago, DjayBee said:

Is there any pun in poodle which Germans should know? 

Ha ha, nope.  It was a random early morning thought. 

3 hours ago, Spancho said:

I can help here 

Das ist ein wunderschöner Pudel, darf ich ihn streicheln?

German language is just awesome! 

1 hour ago, leech said:

Ha ha, nope.  It was a random early morning thought. 

German language is just awesome! 

Completely off topic but, being a U.S. expat living in Germany, I can amusingly suggest that such a phrase may not be well-received. My wife has been going through "dog withdrawl" for a while now and it was not at all uncommon for her asking Americans to pet their dog being met with enthusiastic permission. Seeing peoples' reactions to that question here can be pretty funny (at least to me). I've seen it range from very hesitant permission to quickly moving away with cute dog in tow ?

It could be a cultural thing or could be we're just getting more shifty looking as we get older.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Farb said:

It could be a cultural thing or could be we're just getting more shifty looking as we get older.

If it was me, I'd vouch for me looking more shifty these days.. :)

Here in the UK most people are ok if you ask to pet the animal, in fact most of the dogs nose over to you so you don't really get a choice :)

Not wishing to drag it out, but I imagine it feels very different being a US person in Germany, US folk are pretty outgoing but I've found most German folk I've met to be very nice but very reserved, not in a snooty way, just to themselves.

3 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

If it was me, I'd vouch for me looking more shifty these days.. :)

Here in the UK most people are ok if you ask to pet the animal, in fact most of the dogs nose over to you so you don't really get a choice :)

Not wishing to drag it out, but I imagine it feels very different being a US person in Germany, US folk are pretty outgoing but I've found most German folk I've met to be very nice but very reserved, not in a snooty way, just to themselves.

Living in Utah all my life, when I go out of state I realize how outgoing people are.  In this state they are for sure just snooty.

It is also probably because it sounds like something weird to ask in some cultures (but at the same time super nice and showing you as a considered person). First probably there is no option as @Mclaneinc pointed out since the dog is already there trying to lick your hand, so you just do it in some places of the world without asking. So by asking you can generate some sort of discomfort and suspiciousness. It is like asking "can I say some words in front of you and look to your eyes?" (what's the point? you already did!). Now from a strict language point of view (in English), I was surprised that "pet" was not only a noun but also a verb. So when I was confronted with that question I probably looked lost and baffled.

Anyway, in the spirit of not being so off-topic, I would like to say that I will check the conversational German cassettes, as I tried the DW course once and I did not move that far with it. Maybe this old stuff works better for me.

Edited by manterola

1 hour ago, Zarxx said:

Hahahaha, Commode Door 64!  Now that is some old school mockery!  I still refer to muly commodores as Commies, even have a red C64C style case for the Ultimate64 board, so it is my Red Commie.

• Like 1