Farb

Atari 8-bit Software Preservation Initiative

I have finished re-indexing but not testing all 188 disks for the new Reindexed 2022 KWEST 8 Bit Library , I zipped all 188 files into one archive 

You never know as there might be a hidden gem in there, I found soem of my 40 year old source code in there. I am going to spand the time tonight

testing and cataloging what I have and what I don't have in the KWEST library. As soon as I pick up the two cases of 5.25 inch blank 360s that I was

given I will create a disk index of all KWEST disks. I don't think you can do that with atrs, as you have to insert each disk to be cataloged.

There is still the 200 disk collection that is with Biker Bob, but I have all of those archived , the new collection is only half finished but until I find out what I 

have I will wait until I have archived and tested it all. Russ

KWEST-Reindexed 2022.zip  Dont't bother downloading , bad files , I am going to have to redo them. Russ

Edited by rcamp48
Bad files sorry
  • Like 1

Here's a disk of games by Ron Kim, provided to me by him. He wrote a few BASIC games for Dynacomp.

The attached ATR contains four of his five Dynacomp games: Paper Boy, Super Tank Attack, Nebs and Cosmos.  This disk also contains a non-Dynacomp early game he made called Fortress. It is missing (non-Super) Tank Attack which we'll hopefully get from him later.

@www.atarimania.com http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-400-800-xl-xe-kim-ron_team_3223_8_G.html will be improved by these.

-Kay

Ron Kim Disk 7.ATR

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2022 at 7:58 PM, rcamp48 said:

I have finished re-indexing but not testing all 188 disks for the new Reindexed 2022 KWEST 8 Bit Library , I zipped all 188 files into one archive 

You never know as there might be a hidden gem in there, I found soem of my 40 year old source code in there. I am going to spand the time tonight

testing and cataloging what I have and what I don't have in the KWEST library. As soon as I pick up the two cases of 5.25 inch blank 360s that I was

given I will create a disk index of all KWEST disks. I don't think you can do that with atrs, as you have to insert each disk to be cataloged.

There is still the 200 disk collection that is with Biker Bob, but I have all of those archived , the new collection is only half finished but until I find out what I 

have I will wait until I have archived and tested it all. Russ

KWEST-Reindexed 2022.zip  Dont't bother downloading , bad files , I am going to have to redo them. Russ

Just an update on some of these disks, I have yet to get my two 1050  disk drives working and I am out of town for a few more days, when I get back I will get my friend in town to fix them, and I will then continue to contribute to the Kwest Library disks. I have another 50 to still archive. Russ

• Like 1

Thank you soooo much Russ, we highly appreciate your contribution for the preservation project, really!

We can help you, we can make a text file or a pdf file with a Windows program, so all disk content is listet in the file.

All the best and many thanks.

22 hours ago, Savetz said:

Here's a disk of games by Ron Kim, provided to me by him. He wrote a few BASIC games for Dynacomp.

The attached ATR contains four of his five Dynacomp games: Paper Boy, Super Tank Attack, Nebs and Cosmos.  This disk also contains a non-Dynacomp early game he made called Fortress. It is missing (non-Super) Tank Attack which we'll hopefully get from him later.

Many thanks, it's great to see more and more Dynacomp programs archived!

So Tank Attack was a preliminary version before the author improved the game and sent it to Dynacomp?

On 4/19/2022 at 12:25 PM, www.atarimania.com said:

So Tank Attack was a preliminary version before the author improved the game and sent it to Dynacomp?

Tank Attack was a separate Dynacomp title, according to Ronald.

He wrote: "This is 4 out of 5 of my Dynacomp games- the ATR file contains Paper Boy, Super Tank Attack, Nebs and Cosmos.  This disk also contains a non-Dynacomp early game I did called Fortress. I have the disk with my 5th game, Tank Attack, but having problems reading it.  Will have to work on it later."

-Kay

On 5/10/2020 at 8:51 PM, andyhants said:

Would I be right in thinking the 'Atari 8 bit preserved software 2020-01-25' directory under ftp.pigwa.net is the right location for the latest overall set of preserved images ?

Hi all - can anyone kindly point me to the latest repository please - the directory above under ftp.pigwa.net seems to be gone & I would have tbought a mor recent archive than Jan 2020 would exist now - many thanks.

Well it's the one they asked for, even if it is retro.

• Haha 1