Jump to content
Farb

Atari 8-bit Software Preservation Initiative

Recommended Posts

I have finished re-indexing but not testing all 188 disks for the new Reindexed 2022 KWEST 8 Bit Library , I zipped all 188 files into one archive 

You never know as there might be a hidden gem in there, I found soem of my 40 year old source code in there. I am going to spand the time tonight

testing and cataloging what I have and what I don't have in the KWEST library. As soon as I pick up the two cases of 5.25 inch blank 360s that I was

given I will create a disk index of all KWEST disks. I don't think you can do that with atrs, as you have to insert each disk to be cataloged.

 

There is still the 200 disk collection that is with Biker Bob, but I have all of those archived , the new collection is only half finished but until I find out what I 

have I will wait until I have archived and tested it all. Russ

 

 

KWEST-Reindexed 2022.zip  Dont't bother downloading , bad files , I am going to have to redo them. Russ

 

Edited by rcamp48
Bad files sorry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a disk of games by Ron Kim, provided to me by him. He wrote a few BASIC games for Dynacomp.

 

The attached ATR contains four of his five Dynacomp games: Paper Boy, Super Tank Attack, Nebs and Cosmos.  This disk also contains a non-Dynacomp early game he made called Fortress. It is missing (non-Super) Tank Attack which we'll hopefully get from him later.

 

@www.atarimania.com http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-400-800-xl-xe-kim-ron_team_3223_8_G.html will be improved by these.

 

-Kay

 

 

Ron Kim Disk 7.ATR

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2022 at 7:58 PM, rcamp48 said:

I have finished re-indexing but not testing all 188 disks for the new Reindexed 2022 KWEST 8 Bit Library , I zipped all 188 files into one archive 

You never know as there might be a hidden gem in there, I found soem of my 40 year old source code in there. I am going to spand the time tonight

testing and cataloging what I have and what I don't have in the KWEST library. As soon as I pick up the two cases of 5.25 inch blank 360s that I was

given I will create a disk index of all KWEST disks. I don't think you can do that with atrs, as you have to insert each disk to be cataloged.

 

There is still the 200 disk collection that is with Biker Bob, but I have all of those archived , the new collection is only half finished but until I find out what I 

have I will wait until I have archived and tested it all. Russ

 

 

KWEST-Reindexed 2022.zip  Dont't bother downloading , bad files , I am going to have to redo them. Russ

 

Just an update on some of these disks, I have yet to get my two 1050  disk drives working and I am out of town for a few more days, when I get back I will get my friend in town to fix them, and I will then continue to contribute to the Kwest Library disks. I have another 50 to still archive. Russ

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you soooo much Russ, we highly appreciate your contribution for the preservation project, really!

 

We can help you, we can make a text file or a pdf file with a Windows program, so all disk content is listet in the file.

 

All the best and many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Savetz said:

Here's a disk of games by Ron Kim, provided to me by him. He wrote a few BASIC games for Dynacomp.

 

The attached ATR contains four of his five Dynacomp games: Paper Boy, Super Tank Attack, Nebs and Cosmos.  This disk also contains a non-Dynacomp early game he made called Fortress. It is missing (non-Super) Tank Attack which we'll hopefully get from him later.

 

Many thanks, it's great to see more and more Dynacomp programs archived!

 

So Tank Attack was a preliminary version before the author improved the game and sent it to Dynacomp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2022 at 12:25 PM, www.atarimania.com said:

 

So Tank Attack was a preliminary version before the author improved the game and sent it to Dynacomp?

Tank Attack was a separate Dynacomp title, according to Ronald.

 

He wrote: "This is 4 out of 5 of my Dynacomp games- the ATR file contains Paper Boy, Super Tank Attack, Nebs and Cosmos.  This disk also contains a non-Dynacomp early game I did called Fortress. I have the disk with my 5th game, Tank Attack, but having problems reading it.  Will have to work on it later."

 

-Kay

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 8:51 PM, andyhants said:

Would I be right in thinking the 'Atari 8 bit preserved software 2020-01-25' directory under ftp.pigwa.net is the right location for the latest overall set of preserved images ?

Hi all - can anyone kindly point me to the latest repository please - the directory above under ftp.pigwa.net seems to be gone & I would have tbought a mor recent archive than Jan 2020 would exist now - many thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's the one they asked for, even if it is retro.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...