IGNORED

COLLECTORVISION - Official Thread for PRINCESS QUEST

Rev

I did purchase one of each, yet really? yea, why.

I am not a huge variant guy so I was on the fence with it. I support the home brew community as much as I can and since I really only collect boxed Intellivision stuff the choice works well for me.

A lot of people here collect for other systems as well so buying both box styles is probably a stretch for them.

And yes once you start straying in different direction....it can get financially crazy!

I am not a huge variant guy so I was on the fence with it. I support the home brew community as much as I can and since I really only collect boxed Intellivision stuff the choice works well for me.

A lot of people here collect for other systems as well so buying both box styles is probably a stretch for them.

And yes once you start straying in different direction....it can get financially crazy!

Not to mention all our other hobbies...It can get crazy

Man, if I could only narrow it down to one system. I'm jealous of you guys that can. I collect a lot of stuff (various atari, coleco, intv, segas, nintendo's, current gen, etc..)

The problem with me is I really like the "hunt" when I get in on a new system. I usually get a complete or near complete collection but then am bored because nothing is left and sell most of it off to fund whatever my next hunt is.

I have a pretty Casual Intellivision Homebrew collection so far with the following games...

- DK arcade

- D2K Arcade (well, still waiting on it but one of these days it shall arrive)

- Christmas Carol

- Lost Caves of Kroz

- Space Raid

- Princess Quest (pre order obviously)

Trying to keep it casual so I stick around and don't get overwhelmed like I have with a lot of other systems. I just love this classic stuff so much though it's hard to "behave" lol

There are some others I think I'm going to add to the line up...

From the Elektronite family I'm debating Old School...I see they also released Defender of the Crown but can't remember if this is a full game or demo or what, will have to research that more but thats a fun game series.

Probably going to pass on most of the Intelligentvision releases I missed since they can be a bit pricy. I really want a Super Chef BT though, might try to track that one down. Choplifter would also be nice, maybe a few others as well if I can score under $100...

Strongly debated Ms Pac, I know it's a homebrew but just feels to mainstream to get my Homebrew Boner going.

Flappy Bird just looks frusterating, If I was a completionist I would nab it but playing it doesn't look very fun on the vids.

Did Space Cunt get a release yet? I wanted that one too, C'mon it's Space Cunt! Thats a must buy...

Sydney Hunter is up for debate also...sitting on the fence for that one...maybe...Ohhh, I forgot about Space Patrol. I had that game about 10 years back and it was real fun, cringing at what it will cost me to get it back though...

Kind of trying not to obsess over them too bad or I'll start the process of needing them ALL which can get ridiculous, lol.

I recommend:

Space Patrol (rumored for a release someday)

Old School

Ms Pacman (definitely buy this, when/if available again)

Stonix (pricey, but awesome)

Super Chef is very cool, but not currently available.

DOTC isn't it, but we're hoping :)

I can sympathize with collector creep. I dabble in NES, SNES, PS2 PS2, Colecovision, Atari,... Gets expensive fast. I've pretty much avoided all non-Intellivision Homebrews.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

I recommend:

Space Patrol (rumored for a release someday)

Old School

Ms Pacman (definitely buy this, when/if available again)

Stonix (pricey, but awesome)

Super Chef is very cool, but not currently available.

DOTC isn't it, but we're hoping :)

I can sympathize with collector creep. I dabble in NES, SNES, PS2 PS2, Colecovision, Atari,... Gets expensive fast. I've pretty much avoided all non-Intellivision Homebrews.

Maybe another Space Patrol release? Cool if it happens!

• 2 weeks later...