IGNORED

Vectrex Homebrew: Can someone help with this?

ScottHuggins

Hey Guys! Been a while....

I've been programming a Vectrex game. It's still in it's infant stage, but it's somewhat playable. Could I please trouble one of you to please try to play this on a real Vectex? I have a Vextrex, but I don't have a VecRAM or anything comparable. Seems those dealies are a bit hard to come by nowadays.

This plays well in 2 of the 3 emulaters I tried it on (MESS32, VECX), but my favorite Vectrex emulator, ParaJVE, doesn't play well....it works horribly on that emulater which is very concerning.

Can anyone please try this on the real hardware? If no one can, no worries....just wanted to see how it behaves on th real deal.

Thanks a ton!

Scott

RONS.BIN

• Like 1

Good to hear from you again, Scott!

I tried it on a real Vectrex (using my PCB), and then using ParaJVE. I don't know the keyboard functions for the emulator, but unfortunately both seemed to work very similarly.

Do you have an EPROM programmer by any chance? If you do, I have a cheap connector and PCB combination that should help out (works with most EPROM programmers, anyway - money-back guarantee if it doesn't work with yours).

5-11under (lol - I always loved your screen name!)

Thanks a ton for trying. Did it just say "Game Over" and show some explosion? No player ship that you can thrust around and shoot at those enemies?

If so, then....darnit. I need to figure this out. MESS plays it really well.

Yea, I'll take you up on the cheap connector and PCB combination. Guess I need to go find an EPROM programmer.

Lets PM to talk about this.