IGNORED

Hobgoblin 2 - a new game

+Adam+

Hi,

I would like to announce that we (XXL, Odyn1ec & me) are working on "Hobgoblin 2" for Atari XL/XE - a conversion of BBC Micro game by David Parsons.

Our version should be ready this year, and let me present you the first teaser:

You probably remember "Hobgoblin" (2008), the conversion of the first part. This time there's going to be much more changes of the original game (including new in-game graphics and a new level). In the video you may see the animation for the loading screen.

The team:

- code: XXL
- title screen and ending screens, game logo, loading animation, the video: Jarek "Odyn1ec" Wyszyński
- in-game graphics, new level design: Adam Wachowski
- music: XLent, Michał "Caruso" Brzezicki, Michał "stRing" Radecki
  • Like 25

To all: thanks, guys for your kind words!

If the guy animates like that in the game, and it's easier to play than the first, I will be happy. Regardless, any new game is appreciated.

Regarding the "runner" - well, to be honest, it's just a great artistic vision created by Odyn1ec. The real guy in the game is small and animated in a very simple way. I'm sorry, Paul.
Will the game be easier? In some parts - yes.

The game will have a collection edition like Hobgoblin?

We don't know yet. GR8 Software is not active now. At least not active enough to make such edition.

Adam

• Like 1

Well, a Teaser that promises more than the endproduction offers isn't a good choice.

But it'S still interesting, people give a "like" to that big screen animation.

Why do Atari Coders not what is wanted?

A Game in 160x100 (double scanline mode) with many colours and very nice animations.

Edited by emkay

Looking forward to it, thanks guys :thumbsup:

If the guy animates like that in the game, and it's easier to play than the first, I will be happy. Regardless, any new game is appreciated.

I agree the first game was overly frustrating in places - perhaps that can be updated one day to make it more playable as a lot of work must have gone into it :)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

We have revealed some details about the progress on AtariOnline.pl

The software sprites engine was deeply improved, as you can see on XXL's video from the previous post.

Odyn1ec created several pictures: the title screen, ending screens, pictures between levels - one of them looks like this:

Hobgoblin2(WIP)_Odyniec_picture.png

There are also improvements in game's graphics made by me - some examples:

Hobgoblin2(WIP)_comparison.png

... and I've created many new enemies - some of them:

Hobgoblin2(WIP)_enemies.png

Edited by +Adam+
  • Like 19

I love all of this new development .. and I know this all comes from Europe where you guys are..

I would like to know.. what games.. say - post 1990 are also in NTSC.. OR is there hardware that will do PAL and NTSC.. or emu that will allow me to play?

Although I love using my hardware.. so the EMU solution would be my last place solution.

James

• Like 1