IGNORED

Weird Sydney Hunter problem

killersquirel

I just received both Space Raid and Sydney Hunter for the Intellivision and I'm experiencing some odd behavior. First, both cartridges are very, very touchy where as every new game that I've purchased works no problem plugging them into the intellivision on the first try these two games need to plugged in a certain way for them to work. I don't know why this is.

The really weird thing with Sydney Hunter is that on my RGB modded intellivision model 1 unit the top side buttons don't make the large jump and won't work. The top buttons work fine on the controllers and it will even start the game when pressed, but they won't do the large jump. I tried the game on my sears video arcade II model and the game works flawlessly, but that system doesn't give me the best visual quality. Anybody have any ideas why this is or what kind of fix I can do for this?

-mike

I just received both Space Raid and Sydney Hunter for the Intellivision and I'm experiencing some odd behavior. First, both cartridges are very, very touchy where as every new game that I've purchased works no problem plugging them into the intellivision on the first try these two games need to plugged in a certain way for them to work. I don't know why this is.

The really weird thing with Sydney Hunter is that on my RGB modded intellivision model 1 unit the top side buttons don't make the large jump and won't work. The top buttons work fine on the controllers and it will even start the game when pressed, but they won't do the large jump. I tried the game on my sears video arcade II model and the game works flawlessly, but that system doesn't give me the best visual quality. Anybody have any ideas why this is or what kind of fix I can do for this?

-mike

see here:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/226942-now-shipping-sydney-hunter-homebrew-for-the-intellivision-official-thread/?p=3094577

I just realized that the lower right button big jumps and the lower left button low jumps. When I tried it with the sears intellivision I was using the intv 2 joystick and not the original controller. I tried the original controller and it works just like the RGB intellivision does. I was looking at the thread that you linked grips03 and was wondering if all of the issues you listed were fixed?

Thanks,
Mike

I just realized that the lower right button big jumps and the lower left button low jumps. When I tried it with the sears intellivision I was using the intv 2 joystick and not the original controller. I tried the original controller and it works just like the RGB intellivision does. I was looking at the thread that you linked grips03 and was wondering if all of the issues you listed were fixed?

Thanks,

Mike

None have been fixed.

It is easy to fix the split power trace. Do you have a soldering iron? Do your cart pcbs have glue on them? I can provide pics on what to do.

me too. I can get ontop of the head but die trying the next jump no matter where i position myself.

Funny how that is, I find if you keep jumping in motion from once last screen shows up its easier to make it to the jewel.. But nothing works for me on that forth jewel...