IGNORED

Collecting, loving it!

Marcks73

Hi to all of the ColecoVision lovers out there!

I have been enjoying ColecoVision since it's beginning. Was a Lucky kid that got it on the first Christmas it was available out here in Québec. I grew very fond of this incredible machine and could never let it down. One day we had to move, my father being in the Canadian army we used to move alot. My mother put all of our ColecoVision stuff, cartridges, modules, boxes... everything in a huge box. My father accidentaly put it on the garbage bin not realising the most insane bad move he ever done in his life ( to me at least ). Well some Lucky garbage man surely got the surprise of his life if he opened the box before packing it in the truck! Around 80 cartridges and Atari stuff too... We cried our eyes out for a while, it was a total nightmare!

Anyway, long story short, I started collecting again around a year ago and to my surprise, I have found almost every game I used to own. And since i'm a collector and not a seller, I'm gladly ordering Pboland's new labels to replace my scratched and ugly ones. This is like a recall of the first Christmas with my ColecoVision!

I'm 41 now, but at heart I still feel like a 10 year old when it comes to playing my CV! LOVE IT!!!!

I don't look for CIB games, loose are just fine, I collect to play, not to stare at boxes. If any one here has doubles that are in bad shape or are looking for a caring owner that actually plays them or would like to trade anything, let me know!

Thanks guys!

• Like 8

:_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_(

Glad..sniff..yer back into collecting..sniff..and you found yer..snort..games. That was the saddest story.

I too don't care too much about boxes or cellophane..just GAMES..more GAMES!!

(You should get a cartridge of Princess Quest!!)

..okay..better now..

• Like 2

I highly recommend getting the Atarimax - ColecoVision Ultimate SD Cart, you'll have every CV game you could ever want to play, all in one cart.

A little pricey but totally worth it.. it never usually leaves my cartridge slot (with the exception of a few homebrews).

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85
  • Like 2

:_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_( :_(

Glad..sniff..yer back into collecting..sniff..and you found yer..snort..games. That was the saddest story.

I too don't care too much about boxes or cellophane..just GAMES..more GAMES!!

(You should get a cartridge of Princess Quest!!)

..okay..better now..

Princess Quest, never heard of. Will check it out on YouTube! Gotta get my hands on more, always more precious cartridges!!!! MORE MORE MORE!!!!

I highly recommend getting the Atarimax - ColecoVision Ultimate SD Cart, you'll have every CV game you could ever want to play, all in one cart.

A little pricey but totally worth it.. it never usually leaves my cartridge slot (with the exception of a few homebrews).

Yeah, seen that before, not sure I should get it though, scared I won't be willing to collect anymore afterwards... hum... must not fall to temptation!!!

Yeah, seen that before, not sure I should get it though, scared I won't be willing to collect anymore afterwards... hum... must not fall to temptation!!!

Worth it just for the homebrew roms you can load on it. This thing pays for itself pretty quickly.

The downside is: after I got one, I fell to the dark side of collecting complete in box.

• Like 2

CIB ... Must ... Have ... the ... box.

If possible for sure but I like to play the real carts too and swapping carts has a certain entertainment to it as well. The atarimax is a must for sure because of al the roms from carts you'll never be able to buy again.

Several Homebrewers have some full copies available too if you want.

Worth it just for the homebrew roms you can load on it. This thing pays for itself pretty quickly.

The downside is: after I got one, I fell to the dark side of collecting complete in box.

Don't have any CIB ColecoVision games yet, but was offered the dual Chuck Norris / Artillery the other day, 100$. Geez I thought it was an insane amount.. until I saw other similar cases around here.

100 bucks for Chuck Norris / Artillery Duel? The other Xonox double-enders may be worth about that price for the cartridge only, but not that one. It's the most common one to find.

100 bucks for Chuck Norris / Artillery Duel? The other Xonox double-enders may be worth about that price for the cartridge only, but not that one. It's the most common one to find.

Not around here in Québec. It's the ONLY one I ever saw and it's the price for it around here!! Sucks big time!

welcome besides the atarmax giving you the ability to get games and homebrew roms that would be impossible to get the games cheap, it also comes with Mario Bros and Mr Chin both great homebrew games.

Thanks ColecoDan!

I will surely get one later on, but right now I will resist temptation. Just to continue my loose carts collection going...

Cheers!

I picked up an AtariMax Ultimate SD, slapped all of the ROM files on it and the collecting bug still did not go away for me, unfortunately for my bank account. :)

• Like 1

I sold my boxed CV and Sega Genesis collections a while ago. I just keep my 2600 boxed collection.

Almost all of my systems and software are kept in plastic sterilite boxes.

Given that you have the money, it becomes so space-consuming to collect for multiple systems - the hardware alone (multiple systems in themselves) takes up a lot of room and then multiple boxes for the software for each system.

For me the plastic boxes just kept piling toward the ceiling (literally) and becomes insane and ugly.

Then I got to the point where it's one or two consoles per system and mostly loose carts - more manageable all around.

In the end, the same fun gaming experience!

• Like 2

Chuckwalla, I was thinking the same thing about reducing to a few less consoles. But I still can't bring myself to sell any.

My favorites which I will never depart from; ColecoVision, Sega Master System, NES, SNES and my PS3 and Wii.

Others I might one day let go; Sega Genesis, Atari 2600, Atari 2600 JR, Gamecube, N64, PS1, PS2, Atari Flashback 4, Dreamcast.

As much as I want to keep them all, I don't really have an interest in collecting for the consoles I might sell one day. If any offers come in for my Genesis ( have model 1 and model 2 plus the 32X add-on ) which I have the box also and a few CIB games and a few loose cartridges, I might consider. I would gladly trade for more CV games.

Cheers!

Chuckwalla, I was thinking the same thing about reducing to a few less consoles. But I still can't bring myself to sell any.

My favorites which I will never depart from; ColecoVision, Sega Master System, NES, SNES and my PS3 and Wii.

Others I might one day let go; Sega Genesis, Atari 2600, Atari 2600 JR, Gamecube, N64, PS1, PS2, Atari Flashback 4, Dreamcast.

As much as I want to keep them all, I don't really have an interest in collecting for the consoles I might sell one day. If any offers come in for my Genesis ( have model 1 and model 2 plus the 32X add-on ) which I have the box also and a few CIB games and a few loose cartridges, I might consider. I would gladly trade for more CV games.

Cheers!

Believe me, I understand. Better to keep than sell if in doubt (unless cash is in immediate demand or you get an offer you can't refuse!).

I only sold off my boxed software collections. I keep mostly loose cars (with exception of a few favorite titles) and hardware.

With regard to ColecoVision I still have three consoles (now modded with Cliff Field's mods) and two Adam consoles and takes up lots of space by themselves.

Still have three Sega Genesis Model 1 consoles after selling off two.

Let's face it, many of us are self-confessed hoarders - as long as it doesn't get TOO out of control - and that's a subjective statement in itself! :P

Edited by chuckwalla
  • Like 1

Wow! Since joining AtariAge my collection has been growing by the minute!!!! Lovely!

On the other side, my money has been flying out by the minute also!!! D'oh!!! :)

What a great hobby!

Same here. When I first discovered all of the awesome prototypes and homebrews available on the Atari Age store and Collectorvision I went on an impulse shopping spree. :)

• Like 1