IGNORED

Demons (Atari 2600) signed prototypes

neotokeo2001

I was at Shock Pop Comicon in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida today to get the cast and crew to sign the Demons Atari 2600 prototype cartridges.

The Game:

Trapped in a movie theater with hideous demons, Cheryl & George start a desperate battle for survival. George rides a motorcycle wielding a samurai sword through the theater, killing demons as he goes, But will the two of them succeed in escaping the evil demons who now inhabit West Berlin's streets? Where is the man in the silver mask that is behind it all?

DEMONS is a prototype Atari 2600 game that was put on cartridge to be signed by cast and crew of the film Demons (1985).

post-3832-0-65301400-1423952823_thumb.pngpost-3832-0-26182900-1423952829_thumb.png

Geretta Geretta "Rosemary" Demons 1985

post-3832-0-51019700-1423952112_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-35427000-1423952118_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-37031300-1423952529_thumb.jpg

Bobby Rhodes "Tony the Pimp" Demons 1985

post-3832-0-57886600-1423952175_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-78917600-1423952188_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-99375400-1423952524_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-71489500-1423952624_thumb.jpg

Claudio Siminetti composer Demons 1985

post-3832-0-58694400-1423952340_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-90631800-1423952342_thumb.jpg

Lamberto Bava Director Demons 1985

post-3832-0-47416900-1423952378_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-46012300-1423952404_thumb.jpg

Sergio Stivaletti Special Effects Demons 1985

post-3832-0-93145800-1423952469_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-93296200-1423952477_thumb.jpg

The full set of signed cartridges.

post-3832-0-21360900-1423952516_thumb.jpg

Don't bother, just sell empty cartridge shells, maybe you'll make it in time before another C&D.

It's a no-brainer that you'll just doing this to open wallets of a certain group of peole ("I must have all Atari collectibles in the Most Collectory Collector's Editions available"), but the abhorrent beginner's-batari grade "games" are so useless on their own, you might just as well skip this part and quit pretending there's more to it, lol...

Don't bother, just sell empty cartridge shells, maybe you'll make it in time before another C&D.

It's a no-brainer that you'll just doing this to open wallets of a certain group of peole ("I must have all Atari collectibles in the Most Collectory Collector's Editions available"), but the abhorrent beginner's-batari grade "games" are so useless on their own, you might just as well skip this part and quit pretending there's more to it, lol...

See the excited looking guy in the black shirt next to Bobby Rhodes? He controls the DEMONS movie rights and has given me permission to use the name and assets for an Atari 2600 game. He will also be providing autograph cards for all the cast and crew members to be included in the game.

It was stated that the game was a prototype and not a completed game. And the beginner-grade useless batari Basic games are equal to if not surpass many commercial releases for the Atari 2600. If you don't like the simple arcade games that are made with bB then you should probably move on to another website because that is the heart and history of the 2600.

As I have explained many times in the past, I make these games for myself and the programmers that I work with to make it happen. Retro Lord programmed the DEMONS prototype in less then one week and did a great job. He is new at using bB and has never had a game on a physical cartridge before. My hats off to Retro Lord.

"I must have all Atari collectibles in the Most Collectory Collector's Editions available"

** See Alien Greed series

I think it's good people create their own games. I also rarely buy any because the prices are usually too high. I have some home brews, but not too many. Having something new for the system keeps interest in it. Though I don't agree with people buying limited editions and jacking the price up on Ebay just to make a quick profit on the collectors. I think if someone makes a game, it should either be limited to 1 per person, or unlimited copies available.

Phil

It's a no-brainer that you'll just doing this to open wallets of a certain group of peole ("I must have all Atari collectibles in the Most Collectory Collector's Editions available")

I'm not a big fan of Super-Duper Collector's editions of anything either, but if that's how people want to spend their money, that's their choice and no concern of yours.

As for the quality of the games, I haven't played this one so I can't say, but there are plenty of very good batari basic games out there (plenty of bad ones too, yes) and plenty of other "All batari basic games suck" threads for you to troll.

• Like 3

And the beginner-grade useless batari Basic games are equal to if not surpass many commercial releases for the Atari 2600.

OK I really don't care what people spend their money on but exactly which games are you talking about. Most bB games I've seen are one sprite chasing another sprite around a blocky playfield and that's passed off as a "game"

There are some exceptions but I think in general it's hurt the scene more than it's helped.

What games would you consider "better" than a commercial release?

One of the new Donkey Kongs was bB right? That's pretty slick. Seaweed Assault is kinda fun. That Snowfall game was pretty good.

What else?

OK I really don't care what people spend their money on but exactly which games are you talking about. Most bB games I've seen are one sprite chasing another sprite around a blocky playfield and that's passed off as a "game"

There are some exceptions but I think in general it's hurt the scene more than it's helped.

What games would you consider "better" than a commercial release?

One of the new Donkey Kongs was bB right? That's pretty slick. Seaweed Assault is kinda fun. That Snowfall game was pretty good.

What else?

Sharknado

Hunger Shark

Galactopus

Alien Greed II

They are all very good games made with batari Basic. I think they would stand up very well if they had been released back in the day for the Atari 2600. Princess Rescue by far is the bB cream of the crop and would have been a system seller. Most people forget what the Atari 2600 started with:

BlackJack

Surround

Basic Math

Video Olympics

Combat

Air-Sea Battle

Star Ship

Street Racer

Indy 500

More games never hurt the scene. You play the ones you like and ignore the ones you don't like.

Edited by neotokeo2001