IGNORED

Centipede on XEGS/400/800

DaytonaUSA

When I was a kid, I played Centipede maybe once or twice, and never paid it any mind until I owned a copy for my Game Boy. It was fun, but I don't think I really enjoyed it all that much, and because of that, I haven't played the game since.

Centipede came with my XEGS, and it was the last game I chose to boot up, simply because I never thought I liked the game too much.

Boy was I wrong! More so than any other Atari game I can think of, I'm simply smitten with this! I've probably played at least 3 dozen rounds since we got home from our Valentine's day today, alone. I'm not sure if it's the XEGS quality sound, or the 2600-style joystick actually working well with a game for once (I usually find it horribly inaccurate), but something is really engaging about this and I'm hooked!

Have you guys ever come across a "popular" game you shunned for whatever stupid reason and come back to and realized what you had missed? Anyone else play the 400/800 version of Centipede around here?

If you like the original, you may like the update from kjmann with trackball support.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/153352-centipede-arcade-5200-xex-file-trakball-support-by-atlantis-games-group/

looks like the link is gone

or the 7800 with trackball support

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/71780-trackball-test-program-centipede-tb/

If you like the original, you may like the update from kjmann with trackball support.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/153352-centipede-arcade-5200-xex-file-trakball-support-by-atlantis-games-group/

looks like the link is gone

The last couple posts have ROM and XEX versions attached. This update was performed on the 5200 conversion. Not the original 400/800 version.

Wait, are you guys using the flash cart to play these? My new virtual boy modded controller works well enough, so I think ill hold off on the flash cart for now. Also really getting into Rescue on Fractalus. Very addicting and really impressive for the era. Having a blast with it. Then again, every game I seem to buy for this system is insanely fun. Really in love with this computer, and I keep putting hour after hour into this. Haven't been this addicted to a console since probably the n64.

Edited by DaytonaUSA